View Full Version : Rules & Fee associated with Auctions?

01-02-2009, 5:09 PM
I've got a friend who scored big in a local gun auction last year. After seeing the 15-20 firearms he got - and the low prices he claimed to have paid, I want to attend the auction this year (Jan 17th).

The problem is - I've never bought in this manner before, and don't know if a $50 antique .22 pump rifle will cost me $200 after all the various fees.

Is there a section within the forum that details this information, and given it's relevence, can this become a sticky?

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

01-02-2009, 5:14 PM
Each auction is different in regards to their fee's and if they are paid by the buyer or seller. Best to check whichever auction you plan to participate in for their costs to be sure.

01-02-2009, 6:06 PM
Check the auctions terms and conditions. I looked at bidding on C&R's at Proxibid.com until I read that there was a percentage fee (10-20 percent, I dont really remember) and that the rifles or shotguns HAD to be transfered to a 01FFL, no shipments to C&R 03FFL's, which I have. I said forget it....

01-02-2009, 6:27 PM
So it appears that say for a $55 bid (a pump .22 for my teenage son), it would cost about $105 for the rifle = $55 purchase + $9.35 17% buyer fee (though I understand it could be less if I pick it up @ store), + $35 CA DROS + $4.54 CA LA Tax.

Final dumb question - doesn't the DROS fee $35 cover if I buy 1, 5 or more guns in the same purchase (I've never bought multiple ones before).

Am I missing anything?

PS - thanks for everyones RAPID replies!

01-02-2009, 7:35 PM
1 DROS covers mulitiple long arms
1 DROS per handgun
The Auction I went to buyers premium was 11%

01-02-2009, 7:38 PM
1 DROS per handgun

are you sure about that ?

01-02-2009, 8:08 PM
are you sure about that ?

That would be correct. One handgun per DROS, no matter where youbuy it from.

01-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Greetings all, I'm the auction manager for Gunslinger auctions

Tim, I received your P/M. I hope the answers I provided helped you.

Regarding the upcoming www.gunslingerauctions.com auction on Saturday Jan 17, The doors will open at 1:00 PM for viewing, and the auction will start at 2:00 PM. This is an hour earlier than previous auctions.

Check out the link provided above which will take you to our website. From there click the "see the catalog" link, or the "Proxybid" link for photos and descriptions of each item. If you register with Proxybid you can bid using your computer before , and the day of the auction live.

Regarding fees. If you show up and bid in person the buyers premium will be 11% All long guns are handled on ONE DROS. Handguns require a separate DROS for each one purchased. Sales tax also applies to each purchase.

If you bid via Proxybid there is an additional 5% fee for their service.

In addition if you use a credit or debit card a fee of 3% will be added. To avoid the credit / debit surcharge just pay with a check.

Any questions drop me a P/M or call us at 626-914-7010