PDA

View Full Version : Riflegear- Top-notch outfit!

Fuzzy5
01-02-2009, 3:49 PM
I just wanted to mention my great experience at Riflegear a couple weeks ago. My wife called them while we were headed down to San Diego to visit in-laws. I needed help tightening my free-float tube that last few degrees so I could go shoot my first AR build after Christmas. I showed up 4 hours later, and three employees took my upper out back. They spent a decent chunk of time wrestling with that stinker but brought it back out with the holes aligned enough to insert a gas tube into the receiver. Then they told me, "No charge!"

Well, they definitely earned my business - I bought some parts that I needed and some others that I didn't really need. The prices were outstanding, especially for a California retailer.

The entire time I was there, I conversed non-stop with various employees and I got the distinct impression that this outfit was run with integrity. Pretty rare for a first impression at most shops today, at least with me. I wish this place were in the SF bay area. I'd probably volunteer there on my weekends, if they'd let me. Thanks, Riflegear!

-John

Casual Observer
01-02-2009, 5:00 PM
Our pleasure. Least we can do for an out-of-towner during the holidays. Christmas spirit and all that. ;)

BONECUTTER
01-02-2009, 7:08 PM
I remember you Fuzzy5.... glad you made it back through the "snow vine" safely with the family.

You wife asking you to make her a PinkKitty rifle yet? She looked like she might want one. ;)

If you need any help just let us know.

Fuzzy5
01-02-2009, 9:04 PM
Ha, snow vine was right. We drive down at least every other December, but I've never seen it like that.

Bonecutter, I think my wife would love her own Hell Kitten rifle, but only if it doesn't involve additional purchases since she let me go bananas with pre-election guns and ammo hording (darn good decision to have bought when I did, too). This would mean giving up one of my precious stripped lowers, my one remaining Armalite LPK with match trigger, and the brand-new 16" CMMG midlength upper I have tucked away in the safe. I suppose I should just be a good husband and build it for her, eh? :D

Anyway, thanks for helping out, guys. Aside from some bonehead operator-induced malfunctions (don't ask!), the rifle ran great. I hope your business thrives in the new year.

BONECUTTER
01-02-2009, 9:49 PM
I suppose I should just be a good husband and build it for her, eh? :D

Pro: She loves it and increases the gun budget.
Con: You have to share the gun budget. :eek: