PDA

View Full Version : Current status of litigation?

jnojr
01-02-2009, 1:05 PM
I just peeked in the "Current Legal Cases" forum to see if there was any pending post-Heller litigation or legislation that might knock over the AWB. Not finding anything, I came to the conclusion that it might not be a bad idea to have a stickied thread for each case like Nordyke that has statewide implications. I'm not talking about the "I was arrested for an AW violation because of my SKS", that's a matter of interpretation of law, unless the interpretation would become binding statewide. I'm talking about something that knocks over the AWB, or reforms CCW issuance, or kills the "high capacity" magazine ban, that sort of thing. The first post ought to be something that somebody who has never heard of the issue at hand can read and quickly come up to speed.

bwiese
01-02-2009, 1:19 PM
Nordyke is the strategic one. We're in orbit till then, but there are strong beliefs by informed people that it'll go in our favor.

Everything else is day-to-day tactical work, though accumulated prior DOJ bad behavior may have some interesting side effects.

From a practical standpoint,
- CA is broke
- every new gun law proposed in CA will have to have mention of huge expenditures for expected challenges, which may play a big part in killing them

- AW law is full of holes but rather than challenging it there may be widespread sentiment to just "stop all that noise" and an administrative solution found

- Rostering will be de facto killed shortly when we begin transferring NeRF frames in bulk. (For S&W revolvers it's probably better to use single action conversion/exemption, than to remove barrel.)

Ford8N
01-02-2009, 4:40 PM
- AW law is full of holes but rather than challenging it there may be widespread sentiment to just "stop all that noise" and an administrative solution found

Like just allowing us to have pistol grips with real detachable magazines. Or opening up a registration like a handgun is registered.;)