PDA

View Full Version : Am I reading this right?

handirifle
01-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Looking again, at the lead ban law in CA it seems like the D-11 zone is exempt.

Here is the copy directly from theeir site.

SEC. 3. Section 3004.5 is added to the Fish and Game Code, to read:
3004.5. (a) Nonlead centerfire rifle and pistol ammunition, as determined
by the commission, shall be required when taking big game with rifle or
pistol, as defined by Section 350 of the departmentís mammal hunting
regulations, and when taking coyote, within the departmentís deer hunting
zone A South, but excluding Santa Cruz, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo,
and San Joaquin Counties, areas west of Highway 101 within Santa Clara
County, and areas between Highway 5 and Highway 99 within Stanislaus,
Merced, Madera, Fresno, Kings, Tulare, and Kern Counties, and within deer
hunting zones D7, D8, D9, D10, D11, and D13.

According to how I read it, this says everything in bold is exempt. is this true?

rayra
01-02-2009, 12:16 AM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/condor/

page even has some nice maps you can print out.

handirifle
01-02-2009, 11:39 PM
That was where I got the text from and it's worded poorly.

Here is the response I got from the CA DF&G.

"Dear Mr. Lewis,

I have to agree with you that the run-on sentence is poorly constructed (the list of excluded areas were in response to the A-Zone), but the intent of the Legislature, is clearly represented in the legislative map that you referenced. The deer zones outlined in yellow, which include D7, D8, D9, D10, D13 and D11 ARE included in the NON-LEAD hunt area.

For recommendations and questions on the passage of laws within the Fish and Game Code, you will need to contact your legislative representative directly. The Fish and Game Commission is responsible for the adoption, amendments and revocation of laws found within Title 14, California Code of Regulations."

My assumption in the beginning was D11 was in the condor zone, but my point was the wording was so poor it sounded like it was exempt.

I wonder how far this could be pushed in court?

Meplat
01-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Just use Barns X, It's a real good bullet aneyway. If you want to fight the ban fight it all, not just D-11.

handirifle
01-03-2009, 9:30 AM
Just use Barns X, It's a real good bullet aneyway. If you want to fight the ban fight it all, not just D-11.

Well, a couple points there. First, my 308 sends honest 3/4" groups with Federal factory 150 loads and almost 6" groups with the Barnes 150gr TSX. I didn't try other bullet weights cause at $40+ a box it gets real expensive. I'm getting sick and tired of paying extra for the "priveledge" of hunting in CA, nevermind the fact that my rifle hates ammo from the major supplier of the bullets required.

I have bought a box of the Nosler Etips but still haven't decided if I want to hunt in CA anymore. I didn't last year and might not again ever. I hunt Ohio (archery) and will hunt Alaska this year, in Sept.

I wrote a letter to Arnie when this passed that it would cost CA a lot of money. I am thinking of writing him again. I retire this May and could very possibly leave CA. I have been in SoCAl since Sept of 1972, and am tired of seeing the Liberal idiots destroy this state.

If everyone protested this ban with their $$ we could force Sacramento to back off on it.

jamesob
01-03-2009, 11:56 AM
stop hunting here, thats what i'm doing. although i do go up there and shoot lead bullets at targets

bulgron
01-03-2009, 12:44 PM
stop hunting here, thats what i'm doing. although i do go up there and shoot lead bullets at targets

Pretty much what the anti's and the enviro-wackos want. You aren't hurting anyone's in Fish & Game's feelings by giving up hunting either; in fact, I suspect you're putting a big ol' smile on some of their faces.

What we need is a law stating that Fish & Game can only be funded by the permits sold to use our wild areas. (You know, that might actually fly given the state's budget mess.) Then lets see how anxious they are to drive hunters away from California.

Full disclosure: I don't hunt and I don't even own a weapon that is useful for hunting.

bulgron
01-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I retire this May and could very possibly leave CA. I have been in SoCAl since Sept of 1972, and am tired of seeing the Liberal idiots destroy this state.

Also what the anti's want: one less voter to worry about.

There are lots of valid reasons to leave California. Running away from the anti's isn't one of them, because they're just pushing into all the free states anyway. In the end, you can't run away.

Just sayin'.....

jamesob
01-03-2009, 2:48 PM
Also what the anti's want: one less voter to worry about.

There are lots of valid reasons to leave California. Running away from the anti's isn't one of them, because they're just pushing into all the free states anyway. In the end, you can't run away.

Just sayin'.....this state will not change for some time. if they get their way with everything and make this state the biggest toilet, then things might change.

Kid Stanislaus
01-03-2009, 8:20 PM
I'm of the opinion that when its all done you'll have somebody telling you how to wipe your backside when you use a public comode!! They'll have us living like a bunch of Muslims, EVERYTHING we do will be prescribed or proscribed.

handirifle
01-04-2009, 2:38 PM
This states already turning into a toilet, and I am NOT running away. Wait till YOU retire and earn half you current pay and THEN try to live in this state.

With Arnie and the Dam wanting to raise sales tax, gas tax, state income tax, auto lic fees (did I miss anything) just so THEY can give it to the illegals kids makes me want to puke.

After all those tax increases, YOU live on half pay. The half pay will be more like 40% when all is done.

Do you realize that in NOVEMBER '08, in LA county alone, over $40 Million, went towards food stamps and welfare, for children of illegals?

They wonder why the state is going bankrupt and why we will get IOU's for a tax refund? On top of that we have the liberal courts trying to overturn Prop 8, just like they overturned the 65% vote when WE voted to NOT pay out the millions to the illegals kids?

DO NOT preach to me about leaving it to the liberals. Take your head out of the freakin sand and realize, they already OWN it.

I have written hundreds of letters to every elected official I can and it does no good. I voted FOR Prop 8 and mark my words it will be overturned. That crap has me furious with this state.

I have stood up for this state many times, but will not support them any more.

chris
01-04-2009, 2:41 PM
wait a minute the state is allready a toilet.