PDA

View Full Version : 2nd AMEND FOUND. & CCFRKBA??

74man
12-31-2008, 9:20 PM
Does anyone here know about these two organizations? I just found out that they both have the same address, are these the same organizations? If they are not the same, then what is different about them? I have donated to both of these organizations along with many others but with these two organizations having the same mailing address, I am wondering, if I am being taken for my donations? Both of these organizations have the same Washington State address, what's up with that? Can someone explain the difference between the SECOND AMENDMENT FOUNDATION AND THE CITIZENS COMMITTEE FOR THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS? Thanks, Bob

hoffmang
12-31-2008, 10:07 PM
SAF and CCRKBA are the same organization run by Allen Gottlieb.

I don't know how Alan treats the two different organization.

Edit: Updated to add, SAF is a 501(c)(3) since it only does legal defense and education. I bet that CCRKBA is a non charitable non profit that can advocate legislation and candidates.

-Gene

Gray Peterson
01-01-2009, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=hoffmang;1841280]SAF and CCRKBA are the same organization run by Allen Gottlieb.

I don't know how Alan treats the two different organization.

Edit: Updated to add, SAF is a 501(c)(3) since it only does legal defense and education. I bet that CCRKBA is a non charitable non profit that can advocate legislation and candidates.

-Gene[/QUOTE

Correct on both counts. Both organizations are nearby me in Bellevue, WA. SAF is the "legal arm" of Alan's gun rights organization efforts. SAF plus ISRA was the ones that filed the lawsuit against Chicago (McDonald v. Chicago).