PDA

View Full Version : City of Alameda firearm transport rules

ChibiPaw
12-31-2008, 1:44 AM
I thought the horse has been beaten to death about transportation of ammo.. or is there some sort of an local law or something Im not aware of..?

http://www.ci.alameda.ca.us/police/frequent_questions.html

How can I legally transport my gun in a car or truck when I go to the practice range?
The law requires that the firearm and the ammunition be physically separate from one another (i.e. unloaded firearm in the trunk/ammunition in the glove box.) We recommend you use a locking gun case and a gunlock. Please keep guns and ammunition away from children!

Alameda Access is our online customer service center. Use it to send your questions, complaints and compliments directly to the City department whose staff can help you.

rayra
12-31-2008, 1:59 AM
Seems they're spouting the old erroneous "common knowledge" / police line about transportation, completely at variance with the Penal Code.

And if Alameda has enacted some BS of their own, some Alameda resident needs to cram State Preemption up their asses in a court.

sorensen440
12-31-2008, 2:02 AM
I hate when the government pages have such blatant fud.

odysseus
12-31-2008, 3:58 AM
I hate when the government pages have such blatant fud.

It is pretty common. This is not the first time I have seen a city talk that talk.

N6ATF
12-31-2008, 5:18 PM
When they walk that walk, sue!