PDA

View Full Version : Clarification of my views regarding justification for owning guns.

nicki
12-30-2008, 3:17 AM
I want to clear the air here regarding my views regarding justification for owing guns.

First, it is not up to you to justify why you need or want to do anything, rather it is up to the government, or society to justify why they should be infringing on your rights.

Rights come to us as gifts from God, they don't come to us from government and as such, our fellow citizens have no right to try to strip us of our rights because we are a minority that they don't like.

I don't think it is unreasonable for us to have restrictions on private ownership of things like Nuclear Bombs, Biological War Weapons or things like Nerve Gas or other Chemical weapons of mass destrucion.

I do feel that we have a right to keep and maintain arms that would allow us not only to defend ourselves, our families and our property, but also to keep the power of our government in check by force and if necessary, to replace a government by force to restore a just order.

All of us have a right to protect ourselves from individuals, groups of individuals and even government itself.

Certainly we have societal problems with guns that must be addressed.

If we don't address those issues, the indoctrinated masses will be led to believe that the only way that they will be safe is if we are disarmed.

I don't it is the responsibility of anyone to justify why they should be allowed to own any type of firearm and personally I have no issues with anyone carrying loaded arms, either openly or concealed for whatever reason.

I would repeal all licensing, registration, gun bans and other gun laws which do nothing but create disarmed victims.

Promoting Victim Disarmanent(VD) is a disastrous government policy that strips citizens of their God Given rights, it is a policy of indirect genocide since thousands of innocent victims die as a result of such polices.

Now of course I don't limit rights to only guns. I guess that makes me liberal because I want government to stay out of your private lives.

I don't believe the government should tell you how to conduct your life on any level as long as you respect the rights of your neighbors and don't engage in behaviors that would violate the rights of your neighbors either directly or indirectly.

What you do to your own body is your business and God's, not mine and not societies. I support your right to make bad choices that I would never choose for myself.

Sadly, most Americans are ready to surrencder their neighbor's rights, too many people have the mindset, that it is the citizen that must justify what they do and they blindly accept that the government makes laws because they have good reason.

Too many Americans have the attitutde, hey, if it doesn't effect me, I don't care.

They don't see their rights as interdependent, they don't see that if their fellow citizen is abused by the government, that they are abused by the government.

Yes. I am pro gun rights and I will work with those on this board who are pro gun, but anti rights on other things to get gun rights.

I set aside my differences on other issues, those we can discuss later and in some cases we will have to agree to disagree.

I don't want someone telling me how to live my life and I don't want someone telling you how to live your life. Freedom is a gift from God, how you conduct your life is his judgement, not mine.

Now that I am done with my rant, I guess I'm a failure:rolleyes:

Nicki

TKM
12-30-2008, 7:36 AM
Slow morning?

Lateralus
12-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Ill be honest: Too long.

Sorry :(

postal16
12-30-2008, 12:28 PM
I guess that makes me liberal because I want government to stay out of your private lives.

:confused:This is not the definition of a Liberal as I know it. I don't know too many conservatives trying to take away the RKBA. Unless today we are in opposite land where Fienstein, Boxer, Jerry Brown, Obama and the Clintons are staunch convervatives:shrug:

Liberals are all about government intrusion, redistribution of wealth and setting up most of the Nanny Laws that make our State the laughing stock of the USA.

artherd
12-30-2008, 7:22 PM
Jerry Brown

Brown shares most of MY views on guns. Full stop.

yellowfin
12-30-2008, 7:55 PM
Brown shares most of MY views on guns. Full stop.It'd be nice if he acted on it, then. A lot of CA's nonsense happens because the wrong people are in power, but a fair bit also is because those in a position to do something different just sit there instead of shaking things up.

Seesm
12-31-2008, 12:54 AM
Well written and not too long at all... Way to be lazy to not read it all...this is WORTH reading!!

It's not a quick hey it's this way or that way...

I enjoyed the read Nicki!!

Here here BUT we should NOT HAVE TO JUSTIFY IT!!

rayra
12-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Even in this, you STILL couch it as "justification".
You're coming at this completely from the wrong way / position, and I can't tell if it's your politics, or some prior indoctrination. And frankly it makes me leery as hell about your continued attempts at Deep Thoughts about RKBA in this state.
I don't know your backstory, but I'm nonplussed about your current presentations.

Dark&Good
12-31-2008, 3:35 AM
Nice to meet you, nicki.