PDA

View Full Version : Talking to the Police by Professor James Duane

artherd
12-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Talking to the Police by Professor James Duane.

Interesting points:
The Fed gov doesn't even know how many federal laws there are...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8167533318153586646&hl=en

tgriffin
12-29-2008, 12:53 PM
:dupe: Its been posted before, but is a great view and I highly recommend that everyone gets a chance to see it.

Ironchef
12-29-2008, 1:00 PM
One of the best rights discussions ever seen. So is the "flex your rights" video, though the acting and scenarios are a little annoying..the demonstration is awesome. Also 45 minutes long...

yqMjMPlXzdA

AKman
12-29-2008, 1:09 PM
I'd like to download this video to have in my own archive, in case "someone" decides not to allow it to be shown anymore. Anyknow know where/how to do this?

Click on the link that says "Download video - iPod/PSP"

Window_Seat
12-29-2008, 2:35 PM
That was an amazing piece of good information to live by.

Erik.

redbull addict
12-29-2008, 2:50 PM
It was new to me...thanks for posting. A great video.

Citizen Snips
12-29-2008, 3:25 PM
I liked the videos as well, though it's important to note Ayoob's article addressing SD situations where it's imperative that you communicate the fact that your life or lives of loved ones were threatened because keeping completely mum could hurt your prospects of avoiding a trial. There does come a point where it's nominal to keep your mouth shut, but you may need to point out evidence and witnesses. It's a great article, but I can't remember the exact one trying to sift through this stack of mags. It was an issue earlier this year.

Ironchef
12-29-2008, 4:01 PM
True. Muttering to the police when they arrive something to the effect of "...this guy had a knife to the throat of that girl and I was afraid she'd be killed if I didn't stop him...but I'm too shaken up to say more without an attorney if you're arresting me..." And of course, even if you're not under arrest, keep the yap shut and get in touch with your favorite 2A friendly attorney and get them up to speed and ask what to expect or say so he can say "just keep yer yap shut..you're traumatized and unable to comment right now!"

JDay
12-29-2008, 6:28 PM
I liked the videos as well, though it's important to note Ayoob's article addressing SD situations where it's imperative that you communicate the fact that your life or lives of loved ones were threatened because keeping completely mum could hurt your prospects of avoiding a trial. There does come a point where it's nominal to keep your mouth shut, but you may need to point out evidence and witnesses. It's a great article, but I can't remember the exact one trying to sift through this stack of mags. It was an issue earlier this year.

In CA you are presumed innocent if you take a life in your home. I would contact my attorney and give my statement through him.

Kid Stanislaus
12-29-2008, 6:30 PM
The police are granted a 24 hr. grace period before making a comment. The rest of us deserve at least that.