View Full Version : BB and mag rebuild kit legal issue...

12-26-2008, 2:08 AM
hello all,
so very long story short. i am currently under investigation by the police (although never booked, arrested or convicted) for a seperate issue. HOWEVER after reading the laws up to the federal level, and talking with an atorney friend, the only thing that i could go to court for would be if the DA questions the legality of my AR-15 set-up (bb lock kit installed in an A2 config.) and the legality of the rebuild kits that i had in my posession (about 10 mags total high cap. all dissasembled for the AR, mini-14 and a walther p99). so i was just wondering if there have been any cases around these issues that i can read up on in the event that i get a summons :eek: and have to educate my court appointed atourney :( since im a broke college student :(. any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

12-26-2008, 3:05 AM
Without going into detail - how did they find out you had the firearms/parts?

You can PM me if you don't want to discuss in public.

Blacktail 8541
12-26-2008, 7:17 AM
You have little to worry about on the configuration of the rifle, but the DA might try to push the high cap issue to put the squeeze on you. Being as they were disassymbled it would be very hard for the DA to get any traction with this though.

By the way, this should be in the leagle section.

Jonathan Doe
12-26-2008, 7:24 AM
The guns and magazines will most likely go to the crime lab. Any nowlegeable firearms examiners will determine those are not assault weapons and unassembled magazines are not violation and issue the report as such. Unless of course if the receiver is on the list in category 1 or 2 assault weapon.

12-26-2008, 7:40 AM
Okay - I think Bob has the attention of Oaklander and CGF -
As always please do not speculate on the case or give further advice

12-26-2008, 7:41 AM
You should not post ANY details of your situation on an open forum
like this. Pete