PDA

View Full Version : Duck Hunting Reso's

Thefeeder
12-23-2008, 8:24 PM
How are you folks fairing on the duck reso draw....I have recieved squat this year. Not even a Sac reso.

Gunaria
12-23-2008, 8:57 PM
I didn't put in for any but my brother did. He's been doing ok. He's got a number for tomorrow and next week.

esheato
12-23-2008, 9:57 PM
I have a blind in Colusa.....reservation, smeservation.....

Ed

Thefeeder
12-23-2008, 10:10 PM
I didn't put in for any but my brother did. He's been doing ok. He's got a number for tomorrow and next week.

Are they Gray Lodge or Grizzly Island

Gunaria
12-24-2008, 8:01 PM
Are they Gray Lodge or Grizzly Island

Just a little further south, San Jacinto & Wister.

BlueOvalBruin
12-25-2008, 1:53 PM
I finally got as resi for wister last sunday but couldn't make it. My friend had a resi for Kern recently, that was the one resi I got in on all year.

RobG
12-25-2008, 2:44 PM
Pullin' em in this year. So far, 6 at Mendota (pretty easy draw), 2 at Delevan, 1 at Sac, 1 at LDC. Unfortunately the weather has not cooperated, but not too bad so far. My two partners have hit Sac, Colusa, Mendota, and Yolo. I haven't been able to make it to Yolo which sucks because I live just on the east side of the 'fuge.

Gunaria
12-25-2008, 3:04 PM
There's nothing wrong with waiting in the sweat line.

Thefeeder
12-25-2008, 5:35 PM
I'm well versed in sweat lines....Loved when it was first come first served. Its not stopping me, but I choose which days more carefully.

sargenv
12-25-2008, 7:35 PM
Me and my friend put in for the last 8 or so weeks of the season. He pulled a res for last Sunday at Delevan, but had to work so we didn't go.. Has not been that great.

HillBilly
12-25-2008, 8:07 PM
Someone mind telling my about the sweatline at wister or any other so/central cal areas?

We have no reservations this year, and want to try a sweatline before season closes but don't know the ends and outs.

Anyone have any tips?

Thefeeder
12-25-2008, 9:44 PM
Someone mind telling my about the sweatline at wister or any other so/central cal areas?

We have no reservations this year, and want to try a sweatline before season closes but don't know the ends and outs.

Anyone have any tips?

Go to Cal fish and game web site...look under " State and federal" refuse areas

In a Nut shell.......Go to the Hunting area the afternoon before the hunt (WED, SAT or SUN)...get a lottery Number at the check station..At 8pm the lottery is held and that will be the numer you have in line to hunt the following morning.... At about 5:00 am they start taking #'s .When they reach their quota for the day the next # has to wait for some one to leave.