View Full Version : Question about gun Organizations??

12-23-2008, 4:02 PM
I support the NRA-ILA, NRA-PVF, CRPA and many more. I was talking to a friend who said that some of the GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS are actually acting as though they are Pro-Gun when in actually they are Anti-Gunners in Disguise. Is this true? He couldn't remember which organizations they are. It seems to me that I had read somewhere, the same thing, but it was back when Clinton was in Office. Does anyone know which Organizations these are? I don't want to support any organizations that are in actually ANTI-GUNNERS IN DISGUISE. Thank you for any information on these organizations and I hope that I am not donating to they"re funds, and if I am I deserve to be hung at sunrise. I am a strong supporter of our Constitution and all the Amendments since I swore to uphold our constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic for 21 years. Thanks, Bob

12-23-2008, 4:21 PM
AHSA = American Hunters & Shooters Assn. is a shill group for the Bradys.

It supports all sorts of 'reasonable' gun control like AW bans.

Other gun groups within CA - while being pro-gun and not 'shill groups' - have had some competence issues in their lobbying. In particular GOC's last-minute drama in 2007 brought us microstamping and lead ammo bans even though those bills were 'in the bag'. CRPA's lobbyist affiliation with another supposed pro-gun lobbyist in CAFR helped bring about the 'unsafe handgun' BS we're trying to unroll right now.

The NRA has been doing the heavy lifting in CA - quietly, reliably and without fanfare - along some recent assistance from COHA (Calif Outdoor Heritage Alliance). And Calguns folks have been working with NRA to move things forward too.

12-23-2008, 4:22 PM
AHSA endorsed Obama for his pro-2nd Amendment record :)

Ah, late by 1 min.

12-23-2008, 5:23 PM
This may be off topic, but I thought I heard recently that there was someone that went undercover in the NRA or something? I don't remember the details though.