PDA

View Full Version : So was an OLL seized by Santa Cruz PD?

NorCal MedTac
12-20-2008, 8:25 PM
The thread is deleted/non-accessible. Any info that is being divulged?

Turbinator
12-21-2008, 8:50 AM
There have not been any updates that I've seen, and I was watching that thread. Yes, it was removed for safety.

Turby

cpsca
12-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Can someone give a summary of what is known?

Soldier415
12-22-2008, 7:45 AM
I second the above.

bwiese
12-22-2008, 11:17 AM
You guys are like a bunch of chattering old wimmen.

There was a reason discussion/thread was pulled. Sometimes reducing drama and 10,000 inane posts about "Monsterman or BB?" evolving into "what-if's" can help the prospective defendant.

That's why we didn't talk much about the Contos case til it was (at least partially) resolved.

hoffmang
12-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Santa Cruz PD did get involved with an OLL. The owner of the OLL has been advised by CGF and counsel and we expect a no drama resolution but can't comment further yet.

Know that CGF is both on it and has the owner's back.

-Gene

capo
12-22-2008, 12:53 PM
From the Rifleman's forum, you can see the preview to this thread and it says "So was an OLL seized by Santa" and then it cuts off.

LOL

cpsca
12-22-2008, 7:10 PM
Santa Cruz PD did get involved with an OLL. The owner of the OLL has been advised by CGF and counsel and we expect a no drama resolution but can't comment further yet.

Know that CGF is both on it and has the owner's back.

-Gene

Noting that a "no drama resolution" is expected is VERY helpful for those of us who live or work in the Santa Cruz area. Thanks for posting that.

If my first post came across as sounding like a "chattering old woman" I apologize. Many thoughts cross my mind when I hear that someone with a OLL had a run in with the police agency most local to me. Questions like "Did something happen at my local range?" or "Should I hold off on going shooting locally with my OLL until this issue is resolved?"

I think it is a natural reaction that others close to this area may have as well.

Once again, thanks for the information.

hoffmang
12-22-2008, 7:49 PM
Questions like "Did something happen at my local range?" or "Should I hold off on going shooting locally with my OLL until this issue is resolved?"

The individual in question did something boneheaded but without moral turpitude (and certainly not illegal) that most gun owners don't need to worry about. That's the only reason his firearms were closely reviewed.

-Gene

Clodbuster
12-24-2008, 9:58 AM
Any details on what boneheaded things you should avoid doing with OLLs?

Clod

The individual in question did something boneheaded but without moral turpitude (and certainly not illegal) that most gun owners don't need to worry about. That's the only reason his firearms were closely reviewed.

-Gene

sierratangofoxtrotunion
12-24-2008, 10:10 AM
From the Rifleman's forum, you can see the preview to this thread and it says "So was an OLL seized by Santa" and then it cuts off.

LOL

That's what I clicked on too!

sorensen440
12-24-2008, 10:21 AM

Clod

there could be a thread dedicated to this

don't
1. use 10+ rnd mags in fixed mag builds would be the first I would add to that list (btw I don't know anything about this case its just one of the more common things I'm finding people fail to understand)

MAILMAN187
01-04-2009, 11:54 AM
thats very true. you would have to be an idiot to strap a 90 round drum in your fixed mag ar at the range. total idiot.

n6nvr
03-17-2009, 12:58 AM

Clod

Nice Try;)

ivanimal
03-17-2009, 1:05 AM

Clod

Yes but there is not enough bandwidth on the entire internet to post all of them. Be good, obey the law, shut your mouth is a good start

elrcastor
03-17-2009, 7:57 AM
is there any update to this?

hoffmang
03-17-2009, 12:23 PM
is there any update to this?

Not yet. It's getting amusing. It could end up being very useful in fact.

-Gene

acegunnr
03-17-2009, 1:43 PM
What is happening with the San Jose DOJ took my guns incident? Is this the same one?

B.D.Dubloon
03-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Not totally on topic but I was shooting at a private range here in Santa Cruz County with my freshly built AK and there was a SC Sheriff Deputy shooting. It is a small place (4 lanes in the rifle area) and he was checking out my AK (I think as a gun owner, not checking compliance or anything) and I told him it was all legit and asked him if he was aware of bullet buttons and OLL's. He said that he was. I don't think that all of the SCSD's are as informed on the laws as he was but I was pleased and relieved.

BDD

hoffmang
03-20-2009, 11:31 PM
What is happening with the San Jose DOJ took my guns incident? Is this the same one?

Different case. Both are under the CGF purview.

-Gene

jdberger
03-20-2009, 11:40 PM

Clod

Let's start with, "wear pants".

You're less likely to be hassled by cops if you are wearing pants.

Don't be this guy...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/jdberger/file0051.jpg

artherd
03-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Let's start with, "wear pants".

You are absolutely no fun at all! NO PANTS OLL PARTY AT JOSH'S HOUSE!

Stormfeather
03-22-2009, 1:43 PM
wow. .. the more i think on that idea. . . the less im liking the way it sounds. . .

Liberty1
03-23-2009, 12:34 AM
don't worry just wear you kilt

Sgt Raven
03-23-2009, 11:12 AM
don't worry just wear you kilt

And feel as free as the breeze. :p or is that "what ever blows up your skirt"?

hoffmang
03-23-2009, 4:30 PM
Positive motion on this. Hopefully we'll be able to talk widely shortly.

-Gene

Sgt Raven
03-23-2009, 9:17 PM
Positive motion on this. Hopefully we'll be able to talk widely shortly.

-Gene

2 Weeks. :p