PDA

View Full Version : Turning lemons into lemonade...

CowboyShooter
12-19-2008, 10:51 AM
After sitting down last night to read through the latest issue of my NRA First Freedom magazine, I was thoroughly depressed at the case they make for BHO's positioning to attack the 2nd Amendment. Not that I was surprised, because everything they listed has been in the news (or discussed here on CG), but I guess it was seeing it all lumped together that put me over the edge. :eek:

Anyway, I decided that I'm going to make January 20th my own personal celebration of the 2nd Amendment and RKBA with a trip to the range. I had no plans of watching the inauguration in the first place, but I thought sending some lead downrange would be therapeutic. :25:

If you're in the South Bay and want to join me, speak up. We can have an impromptu Calgunner's get together. :D Figured I'd go to Target Masters or Reed's... if the weather's decent, I guess it could be Chabot. You folks in other parts of the state, feel free to join me in spirit with your own celebration.

Cheers

:party:

I know this is kind of a "Shoots Meets, etc" forum item, but it's politically inspired so I put it here. If you mods want to move it, I understand.

7x57
12-19-2008, 11:11 AM
That's an interesting idea. Anyone interested in something similar at Angeles Range or Burro Canyon?

Maybe it should be a national celebration--burn powder for democracy. I hear in Nevada the properly equipped citizen can do a 21-gun salute in two seconds. Imagine what the media would make of that. :-)

So, do you think Nancy Pelosi will be willing to introduce a bill to declare it an official holiday? :-)

7x57

AKman
12-19-2008, 12:36 PM
April 19th (Sunday) would be a great day for EVERYONE to go out and shoot. Jam the ranges and BLM land, or wherever you shoot.

Dr Rockso
12-20-2008, 8:27 AM
April 19th (Sunday) would be a great day for EVERYONE to go out and shoot. Jam the ranges and BLM land, or wherever you shoot.
Why April 19?

Meplat
12-20-2008, 12:25 PM
It's patriots day, Lexington Green, Concord Bridge, the shot heard round the world?:43:

Why April 19?

"From behind each fence and barnyard wall, the farmers matched them ball for ball."

AKman
12-20-2008, 3:32 PM
The Revolutionary War Veterans Association (RVWA) has 13 Appleseed shoots scheduled across California and 33 in the US on 18-19 April. Its a lot of fun.

Dark&Good
12-20-2008, 3:48 PM
I'm interested in the January celebration. I am familiar with Chabot, I need directions if it's gonna be another place.

Dr Rockso
12-20-2008, 3:53 PM
It's patriots day, Lexington Green, Concord Bridge, the shot heard round the world?:43:

"From behind each fence and barnyard wall, the farmers matched them ball for ball."

Ah, cool. For some reason, April 19th just sticks in my brain as the anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing...not something I'd want to celebrate.

Sunwolf
12-20-2008, 4:51 PM
Ah, cool. For some reason, April 19th just sticks in my brain as the anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing...not something I'd want to celebrate.
Waco anniversary is it not?

SJgunguy24
12-20-2008, 9:51 PM
Waco anniversary is it not?

Yep. April 20th has some meaning also, the Columbine High School shootings and Adolf Hitlers birthday................. Oh yeah the pot heads too:rolleyes:

retired
12-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Yep. April 20th has some meaning also, the Columbine High School shootings and Adolf Hitlers birthday................. Oh yeah the pot heads too:rolleyes:

It is also my birthday and to go along with the mention of it being Hitler's; I'm Jewish.:D I think that is a bit funny myself.

N6ATF
12-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Ooh, depending on the backstop, bring a projector and plug in a DTV converter box to the RCA inputs. Project the inauguration broadcast, and fire away.

yellowfin
12-21-2008, 1:12 AM
Gather up all those blue signs. The O on them makes a perfect target and they're already on their own stands.