PDA

View Full Version : What all make an SKS California legal?

B.D.Dubloon
12-19-2008, 2:30 AM
I know that the grenade launcher must have a shroud welded on it, and the magazine must be fixed so that it would take a tool to remove it. What else is there? What I am thinking about, is what if a friend in Arizona were to get an SKS, weld the launcher and fix the magazine, then could I buy it from him and have it shipped into California, saving myself some money? It seems almost like more trouble than it's worth, but I don't like the idea of paying 400 for an SKS when they are so much cheaper everywhere else.

BDD

JDay
12-19-2008, 2:45 AM
An SKS comes with a built in 10 round magazine. You can also avoid the trouble with the grenade launcher buy not getting a Yugo sks.

bwiese
12-19-2008, 5:50 AM
.... saving myself some money? It seems almost like more trouble than it's worth, but I don't like the idea of paying 400 for an SKS when they are so much cheaper everywhere else.

By the time FFL fees and postage/shippi are considered the price differential is quite a bit less.

radioburning
12-19-2008, 8:11 AM
Search around. You'll find it for less than $400+shipping. You might have to drive some distance if you're far from a major city, but worse things could happen.

timdps
12-19-2008, 8:18 AM
Get C&R license, then buy a Russian SKS on Gunbroker... or two, or three....

tim

ShooterDK
12-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I just received a Romanian SKS from IO Inc. out of N. Carolina for $249.

Metal is in great shape. All serial numbers match. Wood needs to be reworked due to excessive cleaning of preservative.

Get a C&R liscense- It's fun to these things delivered to your door!