View Full Version : Another legal question from a friendly out-of-state dealer: Are Uzi receivers OK?

12-18-2008, 2:20 PM

I just got two new-in-the-white Group Industries brand HR4332S (US-made Uzi clone) receivers in on a trade. These receivers are folded with a serial number but NOTHING else is installed or bent. (Think of a Tapco AK flat that's been folded but nothing else has been done.)

Is it legal for me to offer these receivers to CA residents? Must I do anything to the receiver before it enters the state?

Thank you for your assistance; I don't want to just assume that y'all just can't have these items out of hand!

12-18-2008, 2:23 PM
I think IMI is listed but I don't think the GI are banned. You can find the guide at the top right of this thread.

12-18-2008, 3:04 PM
that would be an off list receiver

12-18-2008, 3:28 PM
Hey, whatever the answer is, thank you for being a friendly out-of-state dealer who isn't frightened away by CA's screwy laws and FUD-spewing DOJ! We're working at fixing CA's problems from the inside, but we also need dealers like you on the outside who are willing to work within our system.

12-18-2008, 3:41 PM
Yep totally legal.

no worries on the Group Industries receivers.

12-18-2008, 3:48 PM
Get more -

12-18-2008, 3:56 PM
Group Industry receivers are completely legal to transfer to the state of California.