PDA

View Full Version : Flash suppresor/MBreak removal on a reg AW

robairto
12-18-2008, 1:19 PM
I have a Maadi ak. It has a thread barrel with a nut welded on the end from the factory covering it. Can I cut the weld and replace the nut with a muzzle break or flash suppressor (922) I have already replaced the trigger group and stocks(6 parts) . If I do replace it does it have to be welded on? This weapon is a reg AW with a 20" barrel.

aplinker
12-18-2008, 1:26 PM
Yes, you can replace it.

No, it does not need to be permanent.

The Fed AWB that forced it to be welded has sunset and, since it's a CA RAW it can have any and all evil features - including a folding stock, PG, flash hider, etc.

robairto
12-18-2008, 1:29 PM
Yes, you can replace it.

No, it does not need to be permanent.

The Fed AWB that forced it to be welded has sunset and, since it's a CA RAW it can have any and all evil features - including a folding stock, PG, flash hider, etc.

Great, Thanks. I may post a recpt for that rifle and the mags I bought for it. $319 and $5 mags. Ahhhhhhh the good old days.

QuarterBoreGunner
12-18-2008, 1:30 PM
Are you sure it's threaded? My MADDI had the same set up and I dremeled the weld on the bottom off the nut and SHAZAM! no threads. They were machined off and the nut was over size to fit.

Weird.
Why go to the trouble of welding the nut if there are no threads? Never did figure that one out.

robairto
12-18-2008, 6:04 PM
YES. The nut is off and the break is on.

ar15barrels
12-18-2008, 7:32 PM
Why go to the trouble of welding the nut if there are no threads? Never did figure that one out.

So it doesn't come off.

You don't want loose nuts on your guns. :rolleyes: