PDA

View Full Version : Between these triggers, which would be best?

bombadillo
12-18-2008, 9:36 AM
I have a good friend who went back and forth about triggers and went from a geiselle trigger (SP) and the ATC gold trigger. The ATC is a completely different design from the standard style trigger that is in an AR. I'm interested in shooting his new spacegun after that thing goes in and I'll give a range report but before dropping 300 bucks on a trigger I was just curious if any of you have tried, seen, or heard much about it.

I started out looking at geissele triggers, timney drop-ins, and ATC gold triggers. Flat couldn't get anything on the ATC because apparently nobody knows what it is. Out of those three, which would you choose and for why. The gun will be a 90% bench gun so I'm not worried about anything happening in accidental discharges or anything like that. Its going to double as an off hand 200+ yard gun as well. I want to start hitting 8" plates @ 200 yards off hand with irons. I know some of you can probably do it no problem, but I'm still learning all of this. Thanks in advance!:hide:

bombadillo
12-21-2008, 11:58 AM
nobody?

ocabj
12-21-2008, 3:06 PM
Opinions on the ATC? I've never heard of that trigger and can't find anything via google.

As far as the Geissele, it is *the* trigger to buy if you're a HP shooter.

You might want to post on the National Match Forums for info the ATC, since someone there will most likely know about it.

bombadillo
12-21-2008, 4:25 PM
ATC is american trigger corporation. They have a completely different design how its made and its really impressive. http://www.americantrigger.com/ They just did a write-up in "book of the AR-15" magazine a month or two back. Its the same price as the geissele and mainly for precision shooting.

bombadillo
01-05-2009, 2:14 PM
I was looking for my next build a light 1-2 lb trigger for strictly bench. This won't allow for that, but its supposedly about the best and they all liked the geisselle as well as the precursor milazzo but reviews said they liked the ATC Gold better than either. Its either gonna be timney 2lb custom, geisselle, or ATC???

bombadillo
01-05-2009, 10:06 PM
So nobody has heard of these triggers at all????

DoubleDose
01-05-2009, 11:23 PM
I love my Timney 3# skeletonized trigger. I have never used the Geiselle but have heard good things. I have not heard of the ATC. I like my Timney for $200 I think it is a fine trigger. Good luck deciding.

ar15barrels
01-05-2009, 11:46 PM
New company...

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: AMERICANTRIGGER.COM
Created on: 18-Feb-08
Expires on: 18-Feb-10
Last Updated on: 17-Mar-08

That's why nobody has heard of them.
It will take a few years of sales and marketing before you can get educated opinions.
Just buy one and write the review yourself.
I'm sure lots of people will be glad to hear a user review...

dchang0
01-06-2009, 8:41 AM
Hey, a new company like that might be excited to send you a free trigger (or at least lend you one) in exchange for a well-written, in-depth review in a prominent publication/website.

bombadillo
01-06-2009, 8:50 AM
New company...

That's why nobody has heard of them.
It will take a few years of sales and marketing before you can get educated opinions.
Just buy one and write the review yourself.
I'm sure lots of people will be glad to hear a user review...

Wow, maybe we could get one of their triggers to a well known member here to do a write-up and promo on the site or something. My buddy has actually purchased one so we're waiting on this to come in the next week or so and I'll let you know what I think compared to the milazzo I was shooting with.

30Cal
01-06-2009, 12:30 PM
If the production units are like the data plots they have, it should be adequate. No information on how well it'll hold up without adjustment or how fast it is (the Geiselle is supposedly wicked fast which is good for offhand). I don't like the gold though. And 30 days money back.

I have a Geiselle. It's very nice.

m1match
01-06-2009, 1:02 PM
The Geissele is a proven trigger- it's adjustable, crisp, durable, etc. everything you'd want in an AR trigger except it's also expensive, but sometimes it's worth it to pay for quality.