View Full Version : snip

12-18-2008, 7:27 AM

Bug Splat
12-18-2008, 8:03 AM
Never been a fan of an recoil reducers. Just seems like more to go wrong. I've shot a buddies Beo a few times and the recoil, while more then a 5.56, was not that bad. Def less than a 12g slug. A good brake and butt pad is the best way to go IMO.

EDIT: well that will teach me to look before I post. Those "Pogo" style stocks are just fine for use. I have one like it on my 12g 870. I thought you were talking about those hydro buffers or something. My bad:o

12-18-2008, 8:28 AM
I have a rifle length enidine in my Beowulf. I think it makes a difference.

12-18-2008, 8:29 AM
I don't personally own a Beowulf, but I've heard that the Enidine buffers make a difference in felt recoil. However, an Enidine buffer and the AA brake will give you a noticeable reduction in felt recoil.

12-18-2008, 8:33 AM

12-18-2008, 8:35 AM

12-18-2008, 8:56 AM
thanks, i appreciate the input. did you also notice a difference in the cyclic rate? I have heard some talk about a reduction, but dont know if a;that is true, or b;what, if any, practical difference occurs.

I could see a change in cyclic rate when using one in an automatic weapon, but changes in cyclic rate are tough to feel in a semi-auto.

Bug Splat
12-18-2008, 8:58 AM
No, you were right the first time...I'm asking about the enidine AR-Restor Recoil Reducing Piston thingy that replaces the buffer (A2 length for those wondering).:p

Man, I just can't get anything right today. I must need another cup of coffee:o

12-18-2008, 9:43 AM
I run one in my Beowulf and I think it helps reduce the felt recoil.

No idea on what it does for the cyclic rate since I pause for a "Holy Crap!" between each shot.

12-18-2008, 4:34 PM
i just hold my beo like a man and can keep on my target fine ... kingsarmory makes a wicked brake that reduces recoil considerably and i saw that pws has a beo brake coming out soon

12-18-2008, 5:03 PM
Not sure if this matters, Maybe it just the luck of the draw, but I've had two enidine ar-restor units go bad within a year of purchase, where the hydraulic fluid started leaking out. So, I just stick to regular buffers instead of hydraulic ones.