PDA

View Full Version : P.O.F .308 LPK question

K57
12-17-2008, 7:35 PM
Is it true that I can use any ar15 LPK on POF .308 III gen lower receiver. I'm picking mine up this weekend and will start putting it together little by little since the budged is low.

EBR Works
12-17-2008, 7:45 PM
Yep, any LPK will work. I have one on order as well.

K57
12-17-2008, 7:58 PM
Yep, any LPK will work. I have one on order as well.

That was the answer I was hoping to hear :43: , thank you impactco

EBR Works
12-17-2008, 8:04 PM
What upper are you going to put on it?

DirtRacer151
12-17-2008, 8:11 PM
the front piviot pin (wider pin) should be included with the receiver as well as the ambi bolt release parts. Other then that all other parts from my RRA ar-15 LPK fit on my POF 308 perfectly! Now the wait begins on my upper :sleeping:

K57
12-17-2008, 8:18 PM
What upper are you going to put on it?
That my friend is a good question. At first I was thinking on building a complete POF carbine part by part, slowly but now how the market for parts is going
I think I might have to settle for what ever is around. What about you, what do you have in mind?

the front piviot pin (wider pin) should be included with the receiver as well as the ambi bolt release parts. Other then that all other parts from my RRA ar-15 LPK fit on my POF 308 perfectly! Now the wait begins on my upper :sleeping:

So is this a +1 for POF rather than Noveske or others?

dfletcher
12-17-2008, 8:22 PM
Is it true that I can use any ar15 LPK on POF .308 III gen lower receiver. I'm picking mine up this weekend and will start putting it together little by little since the budged is low.

Just a casual mention, I have a POF lower and used parts from an AR 15 LPK. Pretty much no problem. The only odd thing I noted was the the front takedown and rear hinge pin detent holes were too small for the standard detents. The springs dropped in fine, the detents wouldn't go in. No burrs on anything and nothing blocking the way. I dressed down the detents just a touch (very, very little but noticeable) and they dropped in & function fine. I posted the info, no one else has had a similar problem. Just thought I'd post it here in case you have the same "one in a thousand" experience.

EBR Works
12-17-2008, 8:25 PM
I bought the adapter sleeve from CWS that allows installation of a DPMS or Fulton upper. I have been eyeballing DPMS uppers on GB for the past few days. They are getting very pricey. :eek:

I got in on a lower group buy so I won't have my lower until early January. I have some time to consider my options.

K57
12-17-2008, 8:30 PM
Just a casual mention, I have a POF lower and used parts from an AR 15 LPK. Pretty much no problem. The only odd thing I noted was the the front takedown and rear hinge pin detent holes were too small for the standard detents. The springs dropped in fine, the detents wouldn't go in. No burrs on anything and nothing blocking the way. I dressed down the detents just a touch (very, very little but noticeable) and they dropped in & function fine. I posted the info, no one else has had a similar problem. Just thought I'd post it here in case you have the same "one in a thousand" experience.

What LPK was that? I'd rather go around the hole :coolgleamA:

dfletcher
12-17-2008, 11:03 PM
What LPK was that? I'd rather go around the hole :coolgleamA:

Probably DPMS, I tend to keep alot of extra parts around. Especially the ones I have a habit of launching into low orbit. I probably didn't make clear that the problem was with the POF lower and not the $.75 detents - of course.

Intimid8tor
01-10-2009, 1:35 AM
I stumbled on this and am glad I did. I just bought a DPMS .308 to put onmy POF lower. It's good to know I can use one of my AR15 LPKs.

I am a little confused. I know the lower came with a sleeve for one of the pins.

Do I still need a sleeve to put the DPMS upper on or is that what the sleeve that was included does?

And, do I use an AR15 buttstock or do I use an AR10 buttstock? Buffer and spring?