PDA

View Full Version : SLR15 lowers?

robairto
12-17-2008, 1:08 PM
Have any of you buyers (group buy) assemled any rifles out of them yet? I started the DROS on mine today and won't do anything till next spring. I will make a 9mm AR and if that works maybe another one. BTW, if the lowers are as good as the folks making them then maybe we need a second group buy.

Spyder
12-17-2008, 1:53 PM
I've got eight that I get to pick up on Monday. I'll letcha know.

I don't, however, have any spare LPK's to build them with. I just put together my two SA lowers with my two spare LPK's. Anyone have any to donate, so I can report back on fit and function? :D

xtalpimp
12-17-2008, 3:36 PM
Still waiting to pick mine up from the dros. I too would like to hear about others fit and finish notes.

Spyder
12-17-2008, 6:07 PM
The finish on mine looked great. I was very impressed with the way they came out. Seven of my eight are sequentially numbered.

I'm not sure on the finger guard yet, but it was a "freebie" the way I look at it. It just looks kinda funny next to a magpul, but I'm sure I won't end up minding when it saves me a hundred and sixty bucks collectively.

Pics to come soon!

HkUSP45
12-17-2008, 6:10 PM
My SlR 15 is partially assembled. Missing some lower parts to finish it. Axed the trigger guard. http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/tw0leftskis/IMG_1595.jpg

robairto
12-17-2008, 7:51 PM
I think one of mine will be a 9mm.. I have a FAB10 lower which I could pull the parts out of and I think the lower parts will show up in volume the next 90 days which will suit me fine.

GMG
12-17-2008, 8:07 PM
My SlR 15 is partially assembled. Missing some lower parts to finish it. Axed the trigger guard. http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/tw0leftskis/IMG_1595.jpg

Why are you axing the trigger guard???? Inquiring minds want to know?

Seesm
12-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Peeps running no trigger gaurds are cooler... JK

FreedomIsNotFree
12-18-2008, 4:57 AM
The SLR15 comes with its own trigger guard that is rather "unique" looking. He doesn't mean he will run no trigger guard at all.

robairto
12-18-2008, 11:59 AM
The SLR15 comes with its own trigger guard that is rather "unique" looking. He doesn't mean he will run no trigger guard at all.

what I saw for the trigger guard. I'll leave mine on.

aplinker
12-18-2008, 12:27 PM

Those triggerguards are good.

FreedomIsNotFree
12-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Those triggerguards are good.

Absolutely. But they are unique looking. They are more function over looks which unfortunately is an often lost trait around here.

SLR15
12-19-2008, 8:03 AM
The Sully Trigger Guard was designed for function. It fills in all the gaps, especially the gap between the grip and trigger guard so you don't chew up your middle finger, and it allows more area inside to press the trigger which is nice if you wear gloves.

We just got a small batch of 5.56mm marked lowers in, so if anyone needs one then I would not wait too long to order.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
http://www.SLR15.com
http://www.TheDefensiveEdge.com

Spyder
12-19-2008, 9:50 AM
I THINK my pickup date is TODAY for my lowerrrrrssssss!!! =]

SanSacto
12-19-2008, 9:56 AM
I THINK my pickup date is TODAY for my lowerrrrrssssss!!! =]

You think? I usually know the exact time that my 10-day DROS period is up!

FreedomIsNotFree
12-19-2008, 9:58 PM
I highly encourage anyone that is looking for a lower to grab one from Sully while he has some available. Sully and Sally were both great to deal with and the product is absolutely top notch with a few features not found on the a-typical lower.

robairto
12-19-2008, 10:13 PM
The Sully Trigger Guard was designed for function. It fills in all the gaps, especially the gap between the grip and trigger guard so you don't chew up your middle finger, and it allows more area inside to press the trigger which is nice if you wear gloves.

We just got a small batch of 5.56mm marked lowers in, so if anyone needs one then I would not wait too long to order.

[/URL]

I bought 4 and they look awesome!! Will you have any marked pistol or multiple Caliber in the future?

Spyder
12-19-2008, 11:31 PM
You think? I usually know the exact time that my 10-day DROS period is up!

Hell, I've got so much chaos in my life right now I wasn't sure. I was planning on being out of town this entire week and not getting home until Sunday night so I was just going to pick up on Monday, which would have been twelve or thirteen-ish days. Turns out I didn't make my trip and realized when I woke up this morning that I THINK today was my day.

It was.

Pictures to come before the nights over. :D:cool::D:cool::D:cool:

SLR15
12-21-2008, 2:42 PM
I bought 4 and they look awesome!! Will you have any marked pistol or multiple Caliber in the future?

If things slow down we may do some other markings in the future.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
http://www.SLR15.com
http://www.TheDefensiveEdge.com

Fate
12-21-2008, 10:34 PM
If things slow down we may do some other markings in the future.
Hi Greg, as a graphic designer of 20+ years, I'd love to help you improve your typography and placement of text and logos. The CY6 logo is a good one, but overall your roll mark & other stampings don't live up to the quality of the rest of your lower. You have added "small details" to the design of your lower to make it an excellent product. With some attention to small details regarding your markings your lower can be perfect. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

And don't worry that HkUSP45 is just tossing his SLR-15 trigger guard in the trash. He's graciously sending it to me :D. I'm going to put it on my carbine that already sports a Sully stock, so it should feel right at home.

SLR15
12-23-2008, 2:32 PM
Hi Greg, as a graphic designer of 20+ years, I'd love to help you improve your typography and placement of text and logos. The CY6 logo is a good one, but overall your roll mark & other stampings don't live up to the quality of the rest of your lower. You have added "small details" to the design of your lower to make it an excellent product. With some attention to small details regarding your markings your lower can be perfect. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

And don't worry that HkUSP45 is just tossing his SLR-15 trigger guard in the trash. He's graciously sending it to me :D. I'm going to put it on my carbine that already sports a Sully stock, so it should feel right at home.

Thank you for the offer. All the markings are engraved and not rolled or stamped. The lower receivers that are used for rifles are marked differently, and the ones for sale as lowers have the markings as shown. We mark them differently on purpose, so if there is ever any question as to if someone is handling an SLR15 or someone elses build, we can tell and explain the difference with visual cues. For now the markings stay as is, unless we decide to do things differently at some point.

CY6
Greg Sullivan "Sully"
http://www.slr15.com
http://www.thedefensiveedge.com

xtalpimp
12-23-2008, 2:53 PM
Hi Sully! I had three of your lowers custom engraved and was wondering if after the engraving, is that the bare aluminum shining through the engraving?

Rest of the lowers are black so was wondering if the engraving takes off the coating on the lower.

Fate
12-23-2008, 6:34 PM
Thank you for the offer. All the markings are engraved and not rolled or stamped. The lower receivers that are used for rifles are marked differently, and the ones for sale as lowers have the markings as shown. We mark them differently on purpose, so if there is ever any question as to if someone is handling an SLR15 or someone elses build, we can tell and explain the difference with visual cues. For now the markings stay as is, unless we decide to do things differently at some point.
I understand what you're saying, regarding easily distinguishing between a "company rifle" and a "homebuild."

I wasn't talking about major changes (definitely not messing with the logo at all), just small things like leaving the right amount "white space" between text and graphics or actual features of the lower.

This not only cleans up the overall aesthetics, but also enhances readability and instant identification and differentiation between the various products. At the end of the day, it still functions the same either way.

FWIW, I like the Sully stock on my "working gun" a lot. You sure knocked that one out of the park!