PDA

View Full Version : Need opinion

Bizob
12-17-2008, 12:13 PM
So a local shop has the Stag 2H in stock. I have a Stag 2HT on order from riflegear but the wait is killing me. The thing I like about the 2HT is the sampson forearms

Should I buy the 2H and add different forearms down the line. And how much would a gunsmith charge to put on a differnet set of forearms because I don't think I have proper tools.

AKman
12-17-2008, 12:47 PM
I can't tell you what to do, but a little patience can't hurt unless your ordered rifle is still many, many months away..

As for changing your forearm, its really easy, and the required tools are relatively cheap.

DannyT
12-17-2008, 3:42 PM
I was in the same situation as you. I am/was 2nd in line for an upper from Riflegear and their next shipment isn't due til January. Once I found that out I located a 2H in Sac. I plan on getting the Daniel Defense Omega 7.0 Rails which run about $246. They supposedly can be installed without any special tools or any modification to the rifle. I will end up spending more $$ overall had I waited for the 2HT but I will also have better rails in my opinion (and I don't have to wait til January).

devildog999
12-17-2008, 4:08 PM
I'd just wait

5hundo
12-17-2008, 4:45 PM
Why not get both?

Bizob
12-17-2008, 4:47 PM
I was in the same situation as you. I am/was 2nd in line for an upper from Riflegear and their next shipment isn't due til January. Once I found that out I located a 2H in Sac. I plan on getting the Daniel Defense Omega 7.0 Rails which run about $246. They supposedly can be installed without any special tools or any modification to the rifle. I will end up spending more $$ overall had I waited for the 2HT but I will also have better rails in my opinion (and I don't have to wait til January).

Well I went the same direction you did.

Went to River City Gun Exchange and got the last 2H

When I save a little bit I will be getting a different forearm, I will look into the Daniel Defense Omega 7.0.

Give me a few moments and I will create a new thread with pictures :D

cowboyup
12-17-2008, 5:36 PM
So other than the wait, is there a problem with the Stag 2ht rail or a reason to choose the DD Omg 7?