PDA

View Full Version : Do Pmags take Magpul followers?

cowboyup
12-16-2008, 9:49 PM
Or do they use their own type?

Thanks

69Mach1
12-16-2008, 9:52 PM
No. They take their own proprietary PMag followers.

Quiet
12-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Magpul makes the Pmags.
Therefore, Pmags use Magpul followers.

CHS
12-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Pmags are made by magpul, so they use magpul followers. :)

However, the magpul followers that you can buy 3rd party are for installing in standard GI-pattern metal mags and are in fact different from the followers that come in the Pmag's.

rtlltj
12-16-2008, 11:01 PM
I couldn't help but smile. :43:

mvpatriot
12-17-2008, 12:57 AM
sorry to hijack,

but I have read a couple threads stating that pmags are a good investment,
why would this be? Did they stop production on these or something?

Jicko
12-17-2008, 12:59 AM
sorry to hijack,

but I have read a couple threads stating that pmags are a good investment,
why would this be? Did they stop production on these or something?

Probably in terms of bang for the buck, as well as reliability and durability etc...

Not in term of reselling and appreciation etc....

Sheldon
12-17-2008, 5:15 AM
Anyone rebuild their old legal mads into the Pmags?? I have 4 either Pro Mags or USA brand mags from years ago that wouldn't even fit the magwell of my AR15 and would love to repair them with Pmags, but don't know if they are considered a repair if the parts are not interchangeable.

aplinker
12-17-2008, 7:57 AM
It would be a repair.

pMags are a good investment - if you're going to use them. If a 94 style ban came, then they'd be a good $ investment, too, but playing that game is crazy.

Wink
12-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Since the floor plate, body, and follower are different. Is the spring carried over from the old mag enough for a rebuild. Sorry if its a dumd question, but I was told the spring is not enough. It must be a floor plate, body or follower to constitute a rebuild or is this just FUD.

CHS
12-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Since the floor plate, body, and follower are different. Is the spring carried over from the old mag enough for a rebuild. Sorry if its a dumd question, but I was told the spring is not enough. It must be a floor plate, body or follower to constitute a rebuild or is this just FUD.

You were told wrong.

You can replace all parts of your existing mags. You just need to make sure that at no point do you have any more hi-caps than you started.

So disassemble your old mags completely, then replace/rebuild them with pmags. So for example you would be going from 1 mag, to 0 mags, back to 1 mag. That's just fine.

For the utmost in legal paranoia, throw the old parts away except for the bodies, which you can smash/flatten to prevent them from being used to rebuild new illegal hi-caps by someone else and to prove that you rebuilt your old ones. There is no legal requirement for this, however.

aplinker
12-17-2008, 1:52 PM
You were told wrong.

You can replace all parts of your existing mags. You just need to make sure that at no point do you have any more hi-caps than you started.

So disassemble your old mags completely, then replace/rebuild them with pmags. So for example you would be going from 1 mag, to 0 mags, back to 1 mag. That's just fine.

For the utmost in legal paranoia, throw the old parts away except for the bodies, which you can smash/flatten to prevent them from being used to rebuild new illegal hi-caps by someone else and to prove that you rebuilt your old ones. There is no legal requirement for this, however.

Don't bust up parts... there's no reason. Parts are not mags. You never know when you might need to swap something else in.