PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Grips

workinwifdakids
12-16-2008, 9:45 PM
There appear to be two different types of Ergo grip for the AR: one is more of a "plastic" feel, and the other has a far more noticeable "rubbery" grip. How do I tell the difference when ordering online? I appreciate the help...

paladin4415
12-16-2008, 10:32 PM
The "rigid" is the hard plastic. The "sure grip" is the rubbery one.

CHS
12-16-2008, 10:48 PM
LOOOOVE the ergo sure-grips. That rubbery feel is perfect, and the finger grooves aren't too deep or annoying.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

aplinker
12-17-2008, 7:34 AM
LOOOOVE the ergo sure-grips. That rubbery feel is perfect, and the finger grooves aren't too deep or annoying.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

+1

I've tried them all, and have ended up with almost all my rifles running Ergo sure grips.

goober
12-17-2008, 7:46 AM
+1 on the Ergo Sure-Grip.

rbgaynor
12-17-2008, 10:08 AM
Another +1 for the sure-grip. It seems like everyone who tries mine ends up buying them for their ARs.

trinydex
12-17-2008, 12:32 PM
what percentage of ergo lovers use the fatter tactical ergo? (in suregrip of course)

rabagley
12-17-2008, 4:11 PM
I have two AR's with the normal ERGO grip (.223 Rem, .458 SOCOM) and two with the "tactical" variant with the palm swell and the hand shelf (.300 Whisper, 6.5mm Grendel). Both are comfortable in slightly different ways.

I don't like the differentiated surface of the tactical quite as much as the consistent surface of the normal, but I don't notice either one when I'm pulling the trigger, so don't give that complaint very much weight.

hybridatsun350
12-17-2008, 5:36 PM
I'm not trying to dissuade you, but have you messed around with an Ergo grip? I know a lot of people like them, but I personally do not. IMO, they are too narrow. The Hogue is much more comfortable to me, and it may be to you. I'd suggest handling both of them before making your purchase.

trinydex
12-17-2008, 6:10 PM
the ergo definitely is narrow. i wish it didn't have any finger grooves too, or maybe just one for the index/middle finger area. finger grooves are pretty lose, everyone has different size hands so why would you screw over so many people with finger grooves.

Jerkdog
12-17-2008, 7:11 PM
+1

I've tried them all, and have ended up with almost all my rifles running Ergo sure grips.

+1 on the +1.

Got one on mine and love it.

Gryff
12-17-2008, 8:30 PM
Does anyone know how the color of Ergo Grip's "Dark Earth" compares to the military's "Flat Dark Earth?" On their website, it looks almost like their Coyote Brown is closer to the military FDE.

K57
12-17-2008, 8:48 PM
S***t I didn't know there was a rubber Ergo grip until this threat, :mad: mine is plastic (opening new tap, typing ergo grips on google... searching for good price) :D

odysseus
12-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Haven't tried the Ergo. But I have always loved the Hogue.

FMJBT
12-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Does anyone know how the color of Ergo Grip's "Dark Earth" compares to the military's "Flat Dark Earth?" On their website, it looks almost like their Coyote Brown is closer to the military FDE.

It's nearly a perfect match with Magpul FDE parts. Both the Magpul and Ergo FDE are slightly darker than DuraCoat "Magpul FDE" paint though. Rigid Ergo pictured here:
http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/Tacticool_Rings.jpg

I had one of the Sure Grip Ergo's on an HK-91 clone. I think it was one of their early attempts, as the "Sure Grip" texture always felt kind of greasy, and smelled like a mixture of WD-40 and Bananas. Later versions I have seen have not had this issue, but I've never quite forgotten it and have purchased the Rigid versions since.

akjunkie
12-18-2008, 7:29 AM
is this model close enuff??

$8 Flat rate shipping on all orders.

http://store.a51tactical.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=658

aplinker
12-18-2008, 10:22 AM

Why bother?

Just go to a local store. Ergos are about $20.

If you use a std triggerguard, they also come with a "gapper" to fill in that annoying space between the receiver and triggerguard.

PIRATE14
12-18-2008, 10:35 AM
ERGO....our number one seller.....

Plus I like them.....

akjunkie
12-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Why bother?

Just go to a local store. Ergos are about $20.

If you use a std triggerguard, they also come with a "gapper" to fill in that annoying space between the receiver and triggerguard.

the $8 Flat Rate shipping would make it worth it, IF you were ordering Multiple items.

Infidel
12-18-2008, 11:13 AM
what percentage of ergo lovers use the fatter tactical ergo? (in suregrip of course)

I know S2000news uses the Fat One and he loves it...As for me I think its ok but prefer the MIAD at least that's the one I will be buying as soon as they are back in stock somewhere...LOL

trinydex
12-18-2008, 12:24 PM

take note of the awkward palm swell... it only swells around where your trigger finger reaches into the trigger.

1BigPea
12-18-2008, 4:02 PM
take note of the awkward palm swell... it only swells around where your trigger finger reaches into the trigger.

I use that same UTG grip on one of my AR's, the swell is nice since most grips are too small for my hands. I got it when first bought my AR and didn't know what the best grips out there were yet, after trying a few like the MIAD i've left it on this rifle, i have the MIAD on my other. It works fine for me and it's very comfortable. Yes, I know its UTG but its got the rubbery feel like the sure grip does. I might pick up a sure grip and try that out soon to replace the UTG, from what i've read i'm sure i'll be happy with it.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/1BigPea/IMG_0454.jpg

gn3hz3ku1*
12-18-2008, 4:51 PM
OMG OMG OMG you said UTG... better get the flame suits on! jk

Gryff
12-18-2008, 4:57 PM
OMG OMG OMG you said UTG... better get the flame suits on! jk

:confused: