PDA

View Full Version : SIG 556 mags are sure a PITA to eject from my AR...

missiontrails
12-16-2008, 8:23 PM
Just got a new set of these mags for my AR, and they do not eject without wiggling and pulling on them while pushing in the bullet button. My metal ones "launch" out of the well easily when I push the button. Anyone else experience this?

hawk1
12-17-2008, 7:07 AM
Just got a new set of these mags for my AR, and they do not eject without wiggling and pulling on them while pushing in the bullet button. My metal ones "launch" out of the well easily when I push the button. Anyone else experience this?

Maybe it has do with them being re-configued to hold only 10 rounds and has a bulge in it?

missiontrails
12-17-2008, 7:27 AM
There is no bulge that I can see, nice and square.

missiontrails
12-17-2008, 7:36 AM
Heck, I'm thinking about taking off my bullet button when I use these, because they are almost like having a fixed mag...

hawk1
12-17-2008, 7:42 AM
Heck, I'm thinking about taking off my bullet button when I use these, because they are almost like having a fixed mag...

If you have a bullet button on there, then you have it on for a reason. Taking it off will only get you jail time with Bubba.

No indication as to if you are joking about this, so play whatever games you like with your freedom...

missiontrails
12-17-2008, 7:54 AM
It was a joke. I'm just not happy with these mags.

hawk1
12-17-2008, 7:57 AM
10 round mags sell easily in the For Sale forum. Put them up.

MRboost
12-17-2008, 8:07 AM
My Pmags don't drop free either, but its not hard to get out. How much force and pulling are we talking here?

missiontrails
12-17-2008, 8:43 AM
On one of them I have to push the flash hidder into the ground while I push the weight of my body onto the stock, just so I can get leverage to wiggle the mag while pulling like hell.

Hoop
12-17-2008, 8:45 AM
On one of them I have to push the flash hidder into the ground while I push the weight of my body onto the stock, just so I can get leverage to wiggle the mag while pulling like hell.

Mags aren't exactly uniform. Some are larger than others.

hawk1
12-17-2008, 8:49 AM

Sure your bullet button is on correctly? Might need to be adjusted.

missiontrails
12-17-2008, 9:03 AM
My other mags go in and come out nicely.

trinydex
12-17-2008, 11:34 AM
sig mags are polymer. it's hard to control the exact size that polymer stuff ends up being so you probably just need to lightly sand some areas that are grabbing on the inside of the magwell.

aplinker
12-17-2008, 12:56 PM
If they don't work, dump them.

Get something that does.

Maybe 10/30 Lancers if you want the clear look. Magpul is working on a clear mag, too.