PDA

View Full Version : AK 47! Century arms or IO inc.

Plague
12-16-2008, 6:14 PM
Hello all. FNG here with a FNG question. Looking to buy a AK 47 when and if anyone gets them in stock. I have been waiting for henderson defence to get there shipment in. They are getting the wasr 10 from century. I found a local dealer that is going to be getting in rifles from IO Inc. Does anyone know anything about these rifles/companies. The local dealer is about two hundred more than henderson. Any info would help. Thanks

shooterdave
12-17-2008, 12:36 AM
they are essentially the same. IO just has the fancy furniture but it's a WASR
just the same. i prefer the century only because it has a more traditional look. YMMV.

Plague
12-17-2008, 4:47 PM
Thanks Dave. If that is the case I will just wait till henderson gets there shippment in. They say on there ad that they go threw all the rifles. Thanks again.

omniman
12-17-2008, 6:44 PM
FyI, I recently got a "Century certified" WASR 10 with polished bolt and refiished furniture from Henderson. It is a beautiful clean & solid weapon, all matching numbers, shoots very accurate (with Fiocchi rounds and the optics I added).
I am very happy, and the price was great. Henderson gets a thumbs up from me.

EBR Works
12-28-2008, 2:37 PM
FyI, I recently got a "Century certified" WASR 10 with polished bolt and refiished furniture from Henderson. It is a beautiful clean & solid weapon, all matching numbers, shoots very accurate (with Fiocchi rounds and the optics I added).
I am very happy, and the price was great. Henderson gets a thumbs up from me.

Actually, it's a WASR 10/63. A bit better quality than the standard WASR 10.

Mine wasn't quite as nice as omniman's. It was non-matching except for the bolt, bolt carrier and receiver. Both stock screws are stripped out and the gas tube is mismatched making it very hard to release. I have emailed Henderson for assistance on these issues but they have failed to respond in over 3 weeks. :(

12-28-2008, 6:54 PM
Get a Lancaster! I am very satisfied with mine, or buy a Saiga and convert it yourself.