PDA

View Full Version : Another .22lr Conversion Question

xLusi0n
12-16-2008, 6:11 PM
If I have a .22lr conversion for an AR...then I understand its not subject to AW regs...so I can have a .22lr AR with detachable mag, pistol grip, and collapsable butt stock.

My question is...if I took the rifle apart (seperated the upper and lower) did it just become an AW because the lower reciever is a firearm and has pistol grip, buttstock, and detachable mag?

So, if I have it together, it's legit...but say I'm at the range, and for some reason needed to seperate the lower and upper...don't right? Fix a 10 round mag to it first?

bohoki
12-16-2008, 6:26 PM
If I have a .22lr conversion for an AR...then I understand its not subject to AW regs...so I can have a .22lr AR with detachable mag, pistol grip, and collapsable butt stock.

My question is...if I took the rifle apart (seperated the upper and lower) did it just become an AW because the lower reciever is a firearm and has pistol grip, buttstock, and detachable mag?

So, if I have it together, it's legit...but say I'm at the range, and for some reason needed to seperate the lower and upper...don't right? Fix a 10 round mag to it first?

you have your thinking hat on at least but didnt think it all the way through

a complete lower is not a semi automatic centerfire rifle

Gator Monroe
12-16-2008, 6:28 PM
M261 !

xLusi0n
12-16-2008, 7:37 PM
you have your thinking hat on at least but didnt think it all the way through

a complete lower is not a semi automatic centerfire rifle

BUT, isn't that why the OLLs have to be shipped either stripped, or without a pistol grip, or if it had a pistol grip - had to have a fixed magazine?

Dr Rockso
12-16-2008, 7:45 PM
BUT, isn't that why the OLLs have to be shipped either stripped, or without a pistol grip, or if it had a pistol grip - had to have a fixed magazine?
Negative, you could send a built lower with all the evil features. As long as it doesn't have a (semiautomatic centerfire) upper on it, it's not a "centerfire semiautomatic rifle".

xLusi0n
12-17-2008, 7:56 PM
So, when I transport my rifle (talking about 5.56 again) in a Pelican Case (and I have to break the rifle apart) can I undo the fixed mag?