PDA

View Full Version : OPEN BOLT MAC10 For sale,(SPF!!!!!!!!!!) Original pre-82 RPB SAPM10(fresno)

PRKArms
12-16-2008, 2:19 PM
Up for sale is a real OPEN BOLT sapM10 made by RPB industries.

The pictures are of the actual firearm and was taken out of state, It is currently configured as a .45ACP and comes with one 32 round magazine rebuild kit. Before it is assembled in CA it will have the threads turned off of the barrel.

This gun can be used with a standard 9mm MAC SMG upper/bolt and magwell conversion to fire 9mm, or it can be used with any of the various conversion uppers currently offered (such as the Flemming .22 conversion etc.) However it only includes the original.45ACP setup pictured.

And now for a brief history lesson:

RPB (which has been rumored to stand for Rape, Pillage, and Burn... but actually stands for the initials of the company founders) manufactured the only semi auto open bolt variety of the M10 ever made, most were stamped "sM10" but a very few were made with the model stamped as "sapM10" (an abbreviation for semi auto pistol) These few are the only open bolt M10's which are not banned as assault weapons by the state of CA. This is a very rare variant of an extremely hard to come by pistol.

In 1979, Wayne Daniel manufactured a semi auto only version and somehow (miraculously, I still don't know how he pulled it off) was able to get the BATFE to approve it as a Title 1 firearm i.e. a 'Regular' gun. The open bolt semi auto M10 pistol manufactured by RPB were initially made using surplus SMG parts bought from Military Armaments Corporation when they went out of buisness in 1978.

The period of manufacture was short lived however as in 1982 - the BATFE reversed its decision on approving the open bolt semi auto guns when it was found that they were easily converted to full auto. Effective June 21st 1982, any new M10's made as open bolt pistols were to be considered Title 2 firearms (i.e. machine guns)....

These were produced for less than 3 years and can never be made again.

In case you don't believe that there is any way this can be legal please read the following text of the ATF decision rule 82-2 which banned any more of these from being made but (luckily for you) allowed the ones already in circulation to be grandfathered.

This is sold as a unique collectible pistol, you are responsible for complying with all state and federal laws (i.e. don't do anything illegal with it, to it, around it. Don't think illegal thoughts, don't contemplate any hypothetical, don't ask any SHTF questions, and don't discuss anything nefarious even as a joke...)

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/pix309661640.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/pix309661328.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/Ratduster77/pix309660968.jpg

PRE SALE PRICE: $3250

The SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and SAC carbines are machineguns as defined in the National Firearms Act.

ATF Rul. 82-8

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms has reexamined firearms identified as SM10 pistols, SM11A1 pistols, and SAC carbines. The SM10 is a 9 millimeter or .45ACP caliber, semiautomatic firearm; the SM11A1 is a .380ACP caliber, semiautomatic firearm; and the SAC carbine is a 9 millimeter or .45ACP caliber, semiautomatic firearm. The weapons are blowback operated, <b>fire from the open bolt position with the bolt incorporating a fixed firing pin,</b> and the barrels of the pistols are threaded to accept a silencer. In addition, component parts of the weapons are a disconnector and a trip which prevent more than one shot being fired with a single function of the trigger.

The disconnector and trip are designed in the SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and in the SAC carbine (firearms) in such a way that a simple modification to them, such as cutting, filing, or grinding, allows the firearms to operate automatically. Thus, this simple modification to the disconnector or trip, together with the configuration of the above design features (blowback operating, firing from the open bolt position, and fixed firing pin) in the SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and in the SAC carbine, permits the firearms to shoot automatically, more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The above combination of design features as employed in the SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and the SAC carbine are normally not found in typical sporting firearms.

The National Firearms Act, 26 U.S.C. 5845(b), defines a machinegun to include any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

The "shoots automatically" definition covers weapons that will function automatically. The "readily restorable" definition defines weapons which previously could shoot automatically but will not in their present condition. The "designed" definition includes those weapons which have not previously functioned as machineguns but possess design features which facilitate full automatic fire by a simple modification or elimination of existing component parts.

Held: The SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and the SAC carbine are designed to shoot automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. Consequently, the SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and SAC carbines are machineguns as defined in Section 5845(b) of the Act.

With respect to the machinegun classification of the SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and SAC carbines, under the National Firearms Act, pursuant to 26 U.S.C. 7805(b), this ruling will not be applied to SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and SAC carbines manufactured or assembled before June 21, 1982. Accordingly, SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and SAC carbines, manufactured or assembled on or after June 21, 1982, will be subject to all the provisions of the National Firearms Act and 27 C.F.R. Part 179.

CHS
12-16-2008, 2:40 PM
*DROOL*

I was going to make a comment about MAC10's and pennies. I'll refrain.

Seriously. *DROOL*. I would take out a loan to buy this gun if I could right now. That's a real piece of history.

mvpatriot
12-16-2008, 2:54 PM
Thanks to PRK for doing transfers of these types of EBPs in California.
Even though some of these pistols may not appeal to everyone, it's nice to see someone stepping up and filling the need for MAC or TEC types etc.

Bowser
12-16-2008, 3:32 PM
This is cool.

PRKArms
12-16-2008, 3:47 PM
Thanks to PRK for doing transfers of these types of EBPs in California.
Even though some of these pistols may not appeal to everyone, it's nice to see someone stepping up and filling the need for MAC or TEC types etc.

Thanks, we know this stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea.... but its nice to have the option... and we like them ;)

CHS
12-16-2008, 6:10 PM
Thanks, we know this stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea.... but its nice to have the option... and we like them ;)

Even if you're not a MAC-type fan, this gun is an actual piece of firearms history. I seriously wish I had the cash to buy this gun. I would put it in a shadowbox case on the wall and just stare at it a lot :)

You guys rock for even tracking this thing down.

PRKArms
12-16-2008, 7:21 PM
Even if you're not a MAC-type fan, this gun is an actual piece of firearms history. I seriously wish I had the cash to buy this gun. I would put it in a shadowbox case on the wall and just stare at it a lot :)

You guys rock for even tracking this thing down.

You'd have to take it down now and then to bring her out to play.... these were built like a brick and need to be fired frequently and by many people. You will definitly get a few looks of envy at the range when you pull this one out.

Tracking this down was not easy....

Finding one that is still a semi auto is particularly hard, since four years after they banned future production in 82, they passed the 86 FOPA and the vast majority of these were converted to legal papered Fully Automatic SMG's.... Finding sapM10's that are now sub guns is actually much easier than tracking down one of these in original condition/configuration.

Cash is not needed... we also take credit cards :chris:

oaklander
12-16-2008, 8:42 PM
Holy shizzle!

Screw the mortgage payment - I want that!

wilit
12-16-2008, 9:01 PM
This is a great price for not only a REAL open bolt semi, but one in CA and legal to purchase. Wow... I'm with Oaklander, how do I skip a mortgage payment and buy this?

pavlov
12-16-2008, 9:24 PM
I kind of lol'd at a semi-auto MAC10, but mm, now I kind of want one...

anthonyca
12-16-2008, 9:25 PM
Wow that is beautiful. Too bad that window is now closed to build an amazing pistol like that.

JeffM
12-16-2008, 9:27 PM
I want it.

I'll talk to you tomorrow about it.

AJAX22
12-17-2008, 9:36 AM
that's just a thing of beauty...

I was 3 months old when they banned production.... never thought I'd actually get to see one...

Whoever buys this needs to hold a range day so we can all drool on it..

You gotta love the utter incompetence of the guys who wrote the AW banned list... Its hard to believe they missed something like this... but there it is... black and white...

*sigh*

so... is it spf yet?

pwall
12-17-2008, 1:16 PM
please tell me there will be more of these in the future. PLEASE!

PRKArms
12-17-2008, 5:55 PM
please tell me there will be more of these in the future. PLEASE!

There is no way of knowing if we will be able to get any more of these.

We'll do everything in our power to try and get more, but they are very hard to come by and do not show up on the open market very often.

we were very lucky to find this one, but there is no way of telling how lucky we will be in the future.

Open bolt guns are highly collectible because of the rarity and the prohibition on future manufacturing, and for us to secure a particularly rare oddly marked variant for CA is an expensive, labor intensive and time consuming process...

All we can promise is that we will do everything we can to make them available in the future to the people of CA.

That being said, I can safely say they will NOT be available with any sort of regularity, predictability, or in any sort of quantity.

I wish we could bring them in by the case.. but unfortunately they just did not make very many of them and the people that have them do not want to sell them.

aplinker
12-17-2008, 8:24 PM
I knew you'd have open boltgasm on this one. :)

that's just a thing of beauty...

I was 3 months old when they banned production.... never thought I'd actually get to see one...

Whoever buys this needs to hold a range day so we can all drool on it..

You gotta love the utter incompetence of the guys who wrote the AW banned list... Its hard to believe they missed something like this... but there it is... black and white...

*sigh*

so... is it spf yet?

AYEAREFIFTEEN
12-18-2008, 7:50 AM
Too far down south otherwise I'd be all over this in a heartbeat.

AJAX22
12-18-2008, 7:57 AM
I knew you'd have open boltgasm on this one. :)

Heh... is it that obvious?

This is the last of the last.... it was a fluke that they were ever made.

this is the gun that snake pliskin carried in escape from new york... this is the gun that Ham from V: The Final Battle had loaded with Teflon bullets...

This gun WAS the 1980's... Everything the anti's hate is embodied by this piece of hardware.

The fact that they were not added to the NFA registry is simply amazing... most of the other open bolt guns which were later determined to be MG's were amnesty registered.

This might be one to take out a private loan to buy or open up a credit card just for it... this is the apex, this is the pinnacle of evil in the state of CA.

It doesn't get any better than this, it just doesn't....

redcliff
12-18-2008, 9:53 AM
I have one I bought new in 1981 with the same markings, with the threads subsequently removed also. I tried to register it in 1989 but CA DOJ said it wasn't on the ban list and couldn't be registerred... hard to believe isn't it?

I only wish I had picked up a M11 .380 at the same time. I won't thread crap and tell you what they went for new.

AJAX22
12-18-2008, 10:29 AM
I only wish I had picked up a M11 .380 at the same time. I won't thread crap and tell you what they went for new.

Heh... Yeah... they've definitely proven to be a solid investment ;) 1,719% return on initial investment is not too shabby for those of you who were lucky enough to have been smart enough to pick them up back in the day.

PRKArms
12-18-2008, 2:34 PM
so... is it spf yet?

As of 12/18/2008 at 3:33pm it is still available,

There has been a tremendous amount of interest and several offers for partial trade, but no firm "I'll take it" yet.

Since this is a consignment piece, we cannot accept any trade offers on it (no matter how tempting they may be).

anthonyca
12-18-2008, 9:13 PM
Heh... is it that obvious?

This is the last of the last.... it was a fluke that they were ever made.

this is the gun that snake pliskin carried in escape from new york... this is the gun that Ham from V: The Final Battle had loaded with Teflon bullets...

This gun WAS the 1980's... Everything the anti's hate is embodied by this piece of hardware.

The fact that they were not added to the NFA registry is simply amazing... most of the other open bolt guns which were later determined to be MG's were amnesty registered.

This might be one to take out a private loan to buy or open up a credit card just for it... this is the apex, this is the pinnacle of evil in the state of CA.

It doesn't get any better than this, it just doesn't....

Hit the nail on the head.

AYEAREFIFTEEN
12-19-2008, 5:51 AM
How can we get this to southern California?

PRKArms
12-19-2008, 6:07 AM
How can we get this to southern California?

We will be making a trip down south at some time in the next month and have a southern California dealer who is willing to perform the PPT between the owner of this pistol and its purchaser (that way we don't have to make the drive twice ;)).

We do not want to broadcast publicly the exact location and time for the trip without the permission of the hosting dealer.

But we can definitely make this happen for our So-Cal customers.

note: this will be a traditional PPT, both buyer and seller will be present at the same time, the ATF has ruled split PPT's are not acceptable.

AYEAREFIFTEEN
12-19-2008, 6:22 AM
We will be making a trip down south at some time in the next month and have a southern California dealer who is willing to perform the PPT between the owner of this pistol and its purchaser (that way we don't have to make the drive twice ;)).

We do not want to broadcast publicly the exact location and time for the trip without the permission of the hosting dealer.

But we can definitely make this happen for our So-Cal customers.

note: this will be a traditional PPT, both buyer and seller will be present at the same time, the ATF has ruled split PPT's are not acceptable.

Which email address should I send an email to regarding this item?

PRKArms
12-19-2008, 6:32 AM
Which email address should I send an email to regarding this item?

jeff@prkarms.org (jeff@prkarms.org) is the best one on this item.

AYEAREFIFTEEN
12-19-2008, 7:04 AM
jeff@prkarms.org (jeff@prkarms.org) is the best one on this item.

Email Sent.

AJAX22
12-19-2008, 12:42 PM
so..... is it SPF yet?

(I'm trying to figure out who winds up with it so I can be that someone's best friend and shooting buddy ;) )

PRKArms
12-19-2008, 6:02 PM
so..... is it SPF yet?

Still Available as of 7:01 pm 12/19/2008

Pvt. Cowboy
12-19-2008, 10:36 PM
PRE SALE PRICE: $3250

Did I read that price right, or do I have pixel problems with my display?

CHS
12-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Did I read that price right, or do I have pixel problems with my display?

You read it right.

That gun is worth it. What leads you to believe otherwise?

AYEAREFIFTEEN
12-20-2008, 9:51 AM
Jeff :Ivan: per our emails.

so..... is it SPF yet?

(I'm trying to figure out who winds up with it so I can be that someone's best friend and shooting buddy ;) )

Better bring the ammo AJAX22 cause I'll be broke. :p

CHS
12-20-2008, 10:16 AM

:-D

You need to invite me over so I can ogle it just a little bit :)

AYEAREFIFTEEN
12-20-2008, 10:43 AM
:-D

You need to invite me over so I can ogle it just a little bit :)

Ogle, fondle, shoot, whatever you want. LOL

Unless of course someone beat me to it in the middle of the night last night? :eek:

double_action
12-20-2008, 11:18 AM
THANK GOD that finally sold!!!!!! That was driving me crazy!
Now I can keep that kidney.

p.s. Can I shoot it too :o

PRKArms
12-20-2008, 11:50 AM

SPF!!!!!! to AYEAREFIFTEEN

pwall
12-20-2008, 11:51 AM
good. Now WHERES THE NEXT ONE?:43:

PRKArms
12-20-2008, 12:09 PM
good. Now WHERES THE NEXT ONE?:43:

We're working on it....these are not an easy gun to obtain...

start saving now ;)

AJAX22
12-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Better bring the ammo AJAX22 cause I'll be broke. :p

Awesome.....

I don't think you'll have any trouble feeding that beautiful ugly brute... ammo is cheap compared to the hardware and I'm sure that I (and others like me) will have no problem anteing up munitions for the privilege of shooting her.

AYEAREFIFTEEN
12-20-2008, 1:13 PM
SPF!!!!!! to AYEAREFIFTEEN

Thanks Jeff. I will be in contact with you Monday.

Awesome.....

I don't think you'll have any trouble feeding that beautiful ugly brute... ammo is cheap compared to the hardware and I'm sure that I (and others like me) will have no problem anteing up munitions for the privilege of shooting her.

The little lady got me a few hundred rounds of WWB for christmas that i'm sure we can put to good use. ;)

I'll let you know (or anyone else that wants a shot) as soon as I get this puppy in my hands. :D

battleship
12-20-2008, 2:02 PM
Im dumb when it comes to these, what do you mean by open bolt, to say none open bolt, whats so special about this Mac 10 VS the Mac 11 which was recently for sale on Calguns.

mvpatriot
12-20-2008, 2:20 PM
Im dumb when it comes to these, what do you mean by open bolt, to say none open bolt, whats so special about this Mac 10 VS the Mac 11 which was recently for sale on Calguns.

the reason why the open bolt MAC was banned is because it is easily converted to FA

AYEAREFIFTEEN
12-20-2008, 2:36 PM

It fires from the open bolt. Meaning when you cock the gun you pull the bolt to the rear and it stays there until you pull the trigger. When you pull the trigger the it releases to bolt which strips a round from the magazine, chambers it, and fires it in one action.

The mac11/9's made by cobray you see on sale here from time to time fire from the closed bolt. Apparently they are uncomfortable to shoot (trigger slap) and can be less reliable than an open bolt mac.

bringiton
12-22-2008, 1:43 AM
if the deal falls through............i want it..............i will dirve up north and get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!let me know.....

kaboom
12-22-2008, 2:14 AM
Nice toy there. I sure am glad I found the thread after it was sold.
battleship> The trigger pretty much just runs a latch that holds the bolt back. It doesn't even have a real firing pin. Instead there is a bump on the bolt face that strikes the primer when the bolt comes forward. The round fires, which sends the bolt back to be captured buy the latch again.
That was how the M12 I fired worked, so I assume SA is similar.
Also, if I ever get that time machine working, I'll remember to tell myself to buy a few of these...

ENTHUSIAST
12-22-2008, 3:44 AM
Congrats AYEAREFIFTEEN that is a VERY nice MAC10!!!

:cheers2:

AYEAREFIFTEEN
12-29-2008, 7:07 AM
Congrats AYEAREFIFTEEN that is a VERY nice MAC10!!!

:cheers2:

Thanks!

Now if only UPS didn't screw the pooch and send the package with my payment to LITTLE ROCK ARKANSAS!*@#! :banghead:

A simple ground shipment that was supposed to take one day from Los Angeles to Fresno ends up in Little Rock seven days later. Story of my life I guess. Hope fully the damn envelope still has a check in it by the time it gets there.

Sorry Jeff if you were planning on coming down this weekend. :(

AYEAREFIFTEEN
01-21-2009, 6:43 AM
Talk to me Jeff. The suspense is killing me. :28:

JeffM
01-21-2009, 7:21 AM

Call him at the shop. The number is on their website.

PRKArms
01-21-2009, 7:48 AM

Give us a call ;)

You're about to be quite happy

AYEAREFIFTEEN
01-26-2009, 8:36 AM
Give us a call ;)

You're about to be quite happy

Now I will be even happier Monday the 2nd. :43:

AJAX22
01-26-2009, 8:39 AM
Now I will be even happier Monday the 2nd. :43:

I want Pics, Video, and a shot of it on top of the Californian flag ;)