PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the ARs?

egslaw
12-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Like many of you, recent developments have helped me make up my mind to purchase a CA legal OLL. I wasn't ready to be an early adopter as I did not want all the BS that went along with ownership of a questionable firearm. Now that that is behind us, I am presented with a new problem...

I can't find one to buy! Sadly, my options to buy one are thin. There are vendors out there that are out of stock but will take my order. The catch is they want payment in full up front. As some of you have pointed out, this is not only a bad idea for the purchaser but contrary to State law. Besides, backorder is around FIVE months and I have played this game before... it is ALWAYS longer than the quoted time.

I could go to my favorite gun shop and shooting range to look for one. They actually had a SIG 556 in stock but they wanted $3,200!! (you know who you are!) That is waaaaaay more than I want to spend. Their mark up seems terribly unreasonable. I do understand a free market economy so, if they can get that much then more power to them.

So what should I do? BTW, I do not want to build one... I prefer a manufactured complete rifle.

Any thoughts? Any vendors have one in stock? I was looking at a Stag 2T which has a MSRP of about $1,200. If you have one and want to move it quick, PM me. Unfortunately I fear my mail box will remain barren as NO one has any stock left.

Yeah, maybe this should have been in the WTB section but it is just as much a solicitation for advice as an ad for WTB.

PS: Thanks to everyone for making this such a great forum!

cgseanp1
12-16-2008, 1:00 PM
Where are you from? I know you don't want to build your own, but there are local shops that sell lowers and it isn't hard to find the rest of the parts and then build one..

cgseanp1
12-16-2008, 1:00 PM
Also, there is the gun show coming to San Diego next weekend, if you are in the area.. I'll be there to see what they have to offer.

egslaw
12-16-2008, 1:17 PM
I am in Northern Cali... I would love to hit a So. Cal. show but not in the cards for a father/husband/slave to the paycheck!

Thanks though!

BTW: I am not trying to fuel the "gouging" debate... I just want to know who has some stock? Price is another issue... one I don't want to get into! :)

spdrcr
12-16-2008, 1:27 PM
Here you go -

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1787000&postcount=1

As you said though, price is another issue. Good luck.

Dirtbiker
12-16-2008, 1:34 PM
Youre not looking very hard. There are ARs for sale just about every day in the Calguns for sale section. I have one there myself.

DannyT
12-16-2008, 1:38 PM
River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento had a few Stag 2H complete uppers in stock (I know you want a 2HT) as of Saturday 12/13. They also had a complete 2H for about $1100.
They were/are asking $599 for the 2H upper which is about $74 over Stag and Riflegear's prices.
I bought a mismarked 3H for $525. It was actually a 2H without the MI rear flip-up sight.

egslaw
12-16-2008, 1:42 PM
I am running these leads down as we speak! Thanks!

This is why Calguns rocks!

AlliedArmory
12-16-2008, 2:01 PM
j&j armory has some complete rifles in stock. not sure of what kind of how much though

DannyT
12-16-2008, 2:30 PM
Also Triple-A Sporting Goods in Vallejo has a few complete rifles. They've had them for at least 2 weeks and were there as of 12/13.
I believe they were Double Star lowers with DPMS upper w/bull barrel and a standard collapsible stock. I think they were $1099.00

mvpatriot
12-16-2008, 2:58 PM
Just buy on GB and have it transfered to freakshow etc.
OR
Support CG and buy from the Marketplace or from a supporting vendor
(PRK,DDs,ETC)

chiz
12-16-2008, 5:59 PM
Also Triple-A Sporting Goods in Vallejo has a few complete rifles. They've had them for at least 2 weeks and were there as of 12/13.
I believe they were Double Star lowers with DPMS upper w/bull barrel and a standard collapsible stock. I think they were $1099.00

i just picked mine up from them today and they said they had 2 left. it cost me $1312 out the door

a1fabweld
12-16-2008, 6:20 PM
In my safe.:)

_Odin_
12-16-2008, 7:58 PM
To the OP:

yea, I know what ya mean about not being able to find lowers (at least decently priced ones anyway...) I phoned Irvington Arms today in Fremont (I'm also in Nor. Cal also) - I spoke w/ the owner and was told that the next 5 shipments are sold out -> current wait time is approx. 20 weeks (!!!)

I wouldn't believe it - but I've seen online retailers (Lanworldinc) which say 20-25 week wait, so maybe it's true. Not sure though.

Even Mini 14's are sold out at the local shops.

Pretty insane

PIRATE14
12-16-2008, 8:32 PM
It's not going to get any better anytime soon.....