PDA

View Full Version : troy sights question

trinydex
12-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Troy Folding Battle Sights have set a World Standard for design and quality by which all other Back Up Iron Sights are judged. They are easily installed and position the apertures at the exact same height as the factory sights, with no levers or springs to fumble with, deployment of the sight under stress is easy.
The robust stainless steel cross locking system ensures your sights will remain up and zeroed in the most extreme combat conditions. To fold simply press the release button located on the left side of the sight. All Troy Sights feature a zero-canting attachment system for use on all military and aftermarket receivers.
No tools are required for adjustment. Each click equals .50 MOA of adjustment. Blackened Stainless Steel and MIL-SPEC Type III
Hard Coated T6 Aircraft Aluminum construction. Made in USA.

since when were tools not required to adjust the sight post?

also are there two different height sights? i have an hk style front and the sight post isn't quite "centered" in the "circle" anymore because i had to adjust the elevation a bit.

Jicko
12-16-2008, 12:30 AM
i have an hk style front and the sight post isn't quite "centered" in the "circle" anymore because i had to adjust the elevation a bit.

the post doesn't necessarily be in the center of the U or C or "circle" of the front sight.... that's by design...

that's also, why some school of thoughts think that the HK-style front sight automatically draw you to center on the "circle" rather than JUST the front sight post..... hence Troy came out with the M16/M4 style front sight now...

trinydex
12-16-2008, 2:44 PM
it kinda makes me feel weird, i always think i'm supposed to make the circles concentric even though at first sighting i put the post in the middle.

technically it doesn't matter right? if i make the circles concentric then i just end up aiming higher by putting the stubby post higher on the target.

yallknowho
12-16-2008, 6:19 PM
I need to buy a front sight soon if I get a free float rail or tube. Is the HK style Troy sight better than the traditional style? what do you guys think?

aplinker
12-17-2008, 7:21 AM
it kinda makes me feel weird, i always think i'm supposed to make the circles concentric even though at first sighting i put the post in the middle.

technically it doesn't matter right? if i make the circles concentric then i just end up aiming higher by putting the stubby post higher on the target.

You'd be aiming lower.

You don't want to make them concentric.

trinydex
12-17-2008, 12:34 PM
oh ok.

question, why do they say it's a tool-less adjustment?