PDA

View Full Version : lowers

jamesob
12-15-2008, 9:02 PM
a buddy who is a ffl is looking for a vendor that he can get 15-20 lowers from, does anybody know where he can get this many ? i told him to contact Kaiser, mainly to support a california mfg.

Saigon1965
12-15-2008, 9:04 PM
It's going to tough right now with everyone scrambling to catch up - Good luck to your friend -

hamster
12-15-2008, 9:23 PM
http://thekaiserworks.com/info/index.php give them a call/email and find out.

Wild Squid
12-16-2008, 2:02 AM
He might actually find someone that will get him those lowers at that number. It's the shops that are calling every manufacturer saying they want to buy 500 lowers are the ones that are being told to wait. What you guys don't think the manufacturers have stopped production do you? Somewhere someone is getting lowers, and the amount of lowers that are available is still the same, it's the local shops that are all trying to get in on the gouging and huge profits to be made by those who have fallen trap to the idiotic fear mongering. You just watch, sometime not too far from now, the price of lowers is going to drop. And I just hope that those shops who tried to order 500 lowers actually do get 500 lowers, because the day they get theirs, so will everyone else, and then that shop won't know how to get rid of them.

hamster
12-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Fire sale!

tenpercentfirearms
12-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Fire sale!

LOL! :43: I thought it was Safe Fire?

I can't get a large order of lowers anywhere. Spike's only sends 20 out at a time, Kaiser 10. I would take 300 if I could get them.

There is two ways to look at this theory that they are shipping little orders only and the big orders are screwed. If that were true, then the same number of lowers are still being produced after the panic as before the panic. Some companies still made you wait a few weeks and not all companies had lowers in stock ready to ship. So if there was a wait time due to a steady demand before the panic, how much do you think the panic has multiplied demand?

Or what if companies are like Rock River Arms. Those guys ship everything in order, period. They don't care who you are. So if you got in a 300 lower order, then you get your 300 lowers when they are ready. So suddenly you get 300 lowers and no one else gets any while they tool up some more. What are you going to do with all of those lowers when no one else has any?

Either way, when Stag Arms advertises lower receiver wait times of 16 weeks, do you think they are suddenly going to meet the huge back order all at once and the market is going to flood?

You guys have to be right. This can't last forever. However, when will it end? In a month or two? I doubt it. We still have external political forces that must be factored into this panic as well.

I just think there are way too many variables involved and I don't think your average consumer quite understands how this business works, how much of a back order really exists, and how much demand has increased.

The other interesting thing is I am not sure about other companies, but that huge sell off in the last month and a half has paid off all of my bills and left me a large surplus of funds. I could buy 100-400 lowers with cash and still be able to operate at normal capacity. I have no reason to run a "fire sale". I will just stop ordering lowers and keep the price the same.

I am starting to think of lowers as a good investment. God forbid if they ever did pass a ban, I would be able to retire. However, that is why I just kicked down some money to the NRA and some more to the Calguns Foundation because instead of spending all of my money on guns, I am spending some on protecting them instead of just accepting there might be a ban.

These are interesting times for sure. I don't forsee the big drop in price anytime soon. Maybe I just have my head in the sand or maybe I am blinded by greed. We will know as time goes along.

weezil_boi
12-16-2008, 10:25 PM
He might actually find someone that will get him those lowers at that number. It's the shops that are calling every manufacturer saying they want to buy 500 lowers are the ones that are being told to wait. What you guys don't think the manufacturers have stopped production do you? Somewhere someone is getting lowers, and the amount of lowers that are available is still the same, it's the local shops that are all trying to get in on the gouging and huge profits to be made by those who have fallen trap to the idiotic fear mongering. You just watch, sometime not too far from now, the price of lowers is going to drop. And I just hope that those shops who tried to order 500 lowers actually do get 500 lowers, because the day they get theirs, so will everyone else, and then that shop won't know how to get rid of them.

Hate to call ya out bro, but... where are you getting this from?

You can be sure that you'll be paying the "inflated" prices for many months to come... that is, if you can continue to buy em at all ;)

I hope the prices come down too, but really dont see any reason why they should for quite some time. The momment they inch down just a little, more guys will buy em. Any quiver of a hint of Obamanoia will send even more guys running to buy em after Jan 20th. At this point... they are still relatively cheap to get a couple... they were running about $125 or so a few months ago. You can likely get one now for about $200 or so. Not horrible.

Why gamble?

bigkahuna04
12-16-2008, 10:49 PM
I remember buying my OLL in Jan.'06 for $175.00, and then tax and DROS on top of that. So...prices don't seem to be that outrageous.