PDA

View Full Version : AR Parts Availability - Future Prediction?

Phil3
12-15-2008, 7:18 PM
I have only recently ventured into the AR world, and managed to order a SunDevil .223 lower and a Noveske N6 .308 lower. I thought getting those parts would be the hard part, but it is applicable to damn near every part.

Assuming that no assault weapon ban law is introduced in 2009, any predictions if and when the demand will taper off and availability and pricing will return to a semi-normal state? Or will most remain in a perpetual state of fear as long as the Dems run D.C.? Having some sense of that would help me to decide to wait and buy cheaper, or "pay to play" now, while I still can.

- Phil

alleyehave
12-15-2008, 7:43 PM
:beatdeadhorse5:

CHS
12-15-2008, 7:57 PM
I think it's gonna be about a year, maybe year and a half.

That's assuming that the manufacturers meet the demand and the demand tapers off like it should.

But yeah, I honestly believe lowers will be back down to 129/149$'ish within 12-18 months.

Omega13device
12-16-2008, 1:19 PM
I think after the inauguration it will be pretty clear whether there is something threatening on the legislative horizon. If the horizon is clear it will still take another 60-90 days for supply to get back to normal. However, if a bill looms then supply will stay tight and prices will go higher unless/until the bill is decisively defeated.

AlliedArmory
12-16-2008, 1:29 PM
some parts are getting more available already. The hardest thing to get right now is probably the uppers which are 3-6 months wait for most. after that period, i think it hsould calm down some.

my prediction is a year

1BigPea
12-16-2008, 1:40 PM
Yah…I’m thinking around a year as well. AR’s are a hot commodity now and they have to maintain supply for the huge demand which is the problem. But…however if everyone who buys an AR gets BRD then it could be 2-3 years. :D