PDA

View Full Version : Where to get AK 10/30 magazines.

badshot
12-15-2008, 5:30 PM
Looking for good quality metal mags for my AK.

JeffM
12-15-2008, 5:49 PM
I've been thinking about building some and refinishing them really nice. My beater AK mags work great but the finish is just about gone.

The only problem is there are no replacements out there cheap enough to make it worth my while.

I'd have to charge $50 each just to make it worth the time involved to do a short run of them.

Exposed
12-15-2008, 6:00 PM
Easy www.calegalmags.com. or do like me and just buy rebuild kits to make your own for a bit cheaper. But, if you want to save yourself some time and hassle, calegalmags.com is just fine. And, their AK polymer promags are on sale ;)

andrewj
12-15-2008, 6:02 PM
Easy www.calegalmags.com. or do like me and just buy rebuild kits to make your own for a bit cheaper. But, if you want to save yourself some time and hassle, calegalmags.com is just fine. And, their AK polymer promags are on sale ;)

How do you make 'em?

Is there a link somewhere that has the process?

Exposed
12-15-2008, 6:11 PM
Check out Aloha Rivers sticky thread in the rifle mans forum. I took the same idea using small plastic PVC tubs and cemented it to the follower of some AK polymer promags. It came out exactly the same as the AR Pmags, the only difference is placing the PVC tube toward the rear of the follower because it needs a bit more room when the follower lowers down to the floor plate since the mag curves a bit more than the AR Pmags. I just ordered some of the new polymer tapco AK rebuild kits from 44mag.com to convert to 10/30 rounders as well.

Exposed
12-15-2008, 6:13 PM
Looking for good quality metal mags for my AK.

Oh, you want metal ones. Enterprisearms.com sells them and they have tons. Im sure you can give them a call and place an order with them.

andrewj
12-15-2008, 6:18 PM
Oh, you want metal ones. Enterprisearms.com sells them and they have tons. Im sure you can give them a call and place an order with them.

Do they sell 10/30's or rebuild kits?

JeffM
12-15-2008, 6:23 PM

Enterprise is to be avoided IMHO. They don't sell rebuild kits or many other legal items because they are afraid. Afraid of what I'm not sure.

I try to support vendors that support our rights and do what they can to help us here in CA.

Exposed
12-15-2008, 6:30 PM

They sell the complete 10/30 mags already built. You can try to build your own. Its a lot cheaper in the long run. I must admit, I had some trouble with the first 1 and I just about gave up because I took Aloha rivers measurements and applied it to the AK pro Mag forgetting that the AK mag has a longer body due to the larger caliber ammo it holds. The PVC pipe on the first mag I built was not long enough and the mag ended up holding 13 rounds instead of ten. I took it apart, kept the body, floor plate and spring but tossed the follower. I still need to buy a new follower for it, however, the next 2 came out perfect. just an FYI.

Exposed
12-15-2008, 6:32 PM
Enterprise is to be avoided IMHO. They don't sell rebuild kits or many other legal items because they are afraid. Afraid of what I'm not sure.

I try to support vendors that support our rights and do what they can to help us here in CA.

No, your right, they dont sell rebuild kits, but they will sell you the complete 10/30 round mag. At a high cost. Their mags run for $30 each. I can build 2 o them for that price using rebuild kits.

badshot
12-15-2008, 6:34 PM

Do you have a link. Enterprisearms.com doesn't work.

andrewj
12-15-2008, 6:40 PM

http://www.entreprise.com/

Exposed
12-15-2008, 6:40 PM

Sorry, the store is called enterprise arms. Web site is www.entreprise.com. You have to call to place orders, their online store doesnt work too well. They have a link here on calguns on the bottom part of calguns.net as well. They have an "ask enterprise" thread in the vendors section. You can hit them up there as well.

badshot
12-16-2008, 6:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the help.