PDA

View Full Version : Place to Buy Individual Parts that Come in LPK?

Knight
12-15-2008, 5:23 PM
I am currently trying to get together a complete LPK for the single-shot lower that should be coming fairly soon. Since this lower is for a .50-cal upper, I ordered a Jard trigger, hammer, and hammer spring set from ALS (http://www.50bmg.net/product.asp?specific=jnonjpp8). Also, because this is a single-shot lower, I have no need for the bolt release, or magazine release parts; I also do not need a buffer spring or any parts associated with the buffer assembly except the buffer tube itself. I also already have a grip, grip screw, and washer, so those parts aren't needed either.

Because I only need part of a complete LPK at the moment, I was hoping you guys could help me find a place that sells individual parts, and also help me figure out which parts I still need to order. So far, I think this is what I will need:

Front and rear takedown pins
Front and rear pin springs
Front and rear pin detents
Selector spring
Selector detent
Hammer pin
Trigger pin

I know I've got to be missing something. Keep in mind that while I do own an AR, this will be the first AR that I will build myself.

Vinz
12-15-2008, 5:26 PM
You can buy directly from Bushmaster's online store. http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=501

Im sure other vendors here might be able to help you out.

vinz

Knight
12-15-2008, 6:42 PM
You can buy directly from Bushmaster's online store. http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=501

Im sure other vendors here might be able to help you out.

vinz

Hoho, this is perfect! Now I just need to figure out exactly which parts I need and which I don't.

Here's a picture of the lower I'm using, in case that helps.

http://xs434.xs.to/xs434/08501/dsc01822468.jpg

aplinker
12-15-2008, 7:30 PM
midway, riflegear, dpms, del-ton, LMT....

Many people sell individual parts.

Knight
12-15-2008, 7:52 PM
midway, riflegear, dpms, del-ton, LMT....

Many people sell individual parts.

If Riflegear does it, then I'll definitely go through them. Love those guys.

Well then, going through them, let's see what I would potentially need:

CMT selector spring
CMT selector detent
2 x CMT trigger pin / hammer pin
CMT pivot pin
2 x CMT takedown detent spring / pivot detent spring
2 x CMT takedown pin detent / pivot pin detent
CMT takedown pin
Stag Arms A2 receiver extension

That sound about right?

bombadillo
12-15-2008, 8:38 PM
Love riflegear, but hate their shipping. Great guy and fast, but 10 bucks to ship a lower parts kit. Got a bunch of extra springs and stuff from midway a couple days ago and 3 bucks to ship.

aplinker
12-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Where's your selector?

XS40
12-16-2008, 1:48 AM
White Oak Armament does piece by piece. They even have an online diagram with pricing breakdown.

Knight
12-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Where's your selector?

I actually have a spare selector that I was going to use for this build. If I don't use that one, I might try and locate a vendor that sells reversible (not ambidextrous) selectors. Thanks for pointing that out though, I had forgotten to mention that.

gunn
12-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm a big fan of midwayusa.com. You get dealer pricing with a C&R.
-g

shark92651
12-16-2008, 1:29 PM
Love riflegear, but hate their shipping. Great guy and fast, but 10 bucks to ship a lower parts kit. Got a bunch of extra springs and stuff from midway a couple days ago and 3 bucks to ship.

We've temporarily disabled US Postal as a shipping method because their server is having issues and we just do not have a good shipping process in place yet for them. It was fine to manually copy/paste addresses when we were only shipping a handful or orders a day but right now it is just too painful. With UPS, we can batch ship in a fraction of the time. We are currently working on a new shipping solution and once that is in place we will re-enable the US Postal shipping choice.

bombadillo
12-16-2008, 6:18 PM
Well thats good to hear. I definitely would prefer to do business through you guys anyway, but the shipping on the small parts was killing me. If it were an upper or something of bulk I'd be a little more forgiving. Thanks for the info though, we'll be doing more business soon.