PDA

View Full Version : I dont want to go to jail...

BenjaminCA
12-15-2008, 2:22 PM
I live in Chico Ca and I just purchased a bullet button equipped Stag model 1 AR-15 (currently in the 10 wait). After my father-in-law heard of my desire to purchase the weapon he made some phone calls to all the local gun stores about the legality of the bullet button. All of them stated that the District Attorney here in Chico (Mike Ramsey) doesn't care if there is a bullet button, he says its an illegal assault weapon. My father-in-law is still waiting for a call back from the chief of police here in Chico concerning "bullet buttons" and I have a feeling I know what he is going to say. I know people here in Chico own bullet button equipped AR-15's and I believe what I have read on the forums regarding bullet buttons. The Sacramento PD bulletin is a nice read, but in a different county how is it ever going to help me? He is pretty much telling me that when I go to pick up my rifle I am in danger of committing a felony offense when I bring it into Butte County. Does anyone have any good news on this or am I up a creek? I did the research and I asked around, as far as I knew it was legal to posses this firearm in CA, regardless of what county I'm in. I am really frustrated because I understood the bullet button to be a legal way to own an AR15, I don't want to break the law, my applications in the CHP right now and I don't want anything to jeopardize that. This is a rant, any support would be great.

Ben

mvpatriot
12-15-2008, 2:26 PM
print the flow chart and staple it to their collective heads....

j/k- print the chart and go ahead and enjoy your leagally configured rifle and excersise your legal right to own that rifle!

bwiese
12-15-2008, 2:29 PM
North NorCal gunshops appear not to have a lot of technical competence in relation to CA gunlaws.

The SactoPD bulletin has been distributed statewide and has a lot of traction, it appears it even figured as a reference into a recent event in San Joaquin County.

Pvt. Cowboy
12-15-2008, 2:32 PM
After my father-in-law heard of my desire to purchase the weapon he made some phone calls to all the local gun stores about the legality of the bullet button. My father-in-law is still waiting for a call back from the chief of police here in Chico concerning "bullet buttons" and I have a feeling I know what he is going to say.

Some dude unrelated to you called the police about your guns?

That's what I took from all of this.

I don't think I'd ever tell him another blessed thing, even if the house was on fire.

CSACANNONEER
12-15-2008, 2:33 PM
If your lower is in any way attached to a nuclear device, keep it far away from Chico. Otherwise, you are perfectly legal but, if you don't have the money to defend yourself ..............

BenjaminCA
12-15-2008, 2:34 PM
He called a friend of his in regards to the legality of owning an bullet button equipped AR-15. We are not related but we are close, so he isn't in the process of turning me in.

odysseus
12-15-2008, 2:34 PM
If you really are worried about the BB (which you shouldn't but everyone is different) for now, you could take the pistol grip off of it and you could run it with a MonsterMan type setup on an A2 stock, sans any listed AW features when you built it out.

Bwiese is right though, a lot of FUD especially in the small nestled communities up north about OLLs is prevelant.

dac41
12-15-2008, 2:58 PM
DA on a mission, what's new? Your area is infested with gangbangers, who ruined it for everyone.

OLL's are insane I called 6 dealers to find one who would do it. I thought gun dealers were supposed to be on OUR side but they make it damn hard to buy anything.

alex00
12-15-2008, 2:59 PM
It does not matter that gunshops or the DA think/feel that a bullet button is illegal. One has to convince a jury that that you possessed an unregistered assault weapon. The state has several definitions of assault weapons, names and features. If it is not a named weapon, then they must prove it contained the prohibited features. Nothing in the law deals with permanence, modifications or reversibility. It simply says that using a tool means that the magazine is not detachable.

As much as the DOJ wishes there was language dealing with permanence and modifications, there is not. If something is not prohibited in statute, it is not a crime. Further, the bullet button meets the exact letter of the law. Sure, this is my opinion, and I am not a charing DA. But for a DA to file charges he or she would have to completely ignore the CCR definition of detachable magazine.

Nothing will prevent you from being arrested by an ignorant LEO, if that is the course of action he is determined to take. But weighing the risk versus benefit, I would suggest you are going to be OK with the bullet button. Don't do anything silly with the gun, make sure all the equipment on your car is working, don't speed, and keep the gun out of sight. A properly configured AR type rifle is not illegal, by any stretch of the imagination.

Dirtbiker
12-15-2008, 3:03 PM
You should just sell it. I'll give you $100 plus shipping. :)

Ironchef
12-15-2008, 3:04 PM
OP,
Does the DA know YOU are picking up an AR lower and does he know where you are picking it up at? If not, then don't worry another second. And no, you are not breaking ANY laws despite the unlearned DA's opinion.

What you need to worry about is if the DOJ will accept/approve the DROS for your long gun receiver..pick it up and take it home quietly.

In the mean time, don't let people go calling the DA on you about such things.

Bill_in_SD
12-15-2008, 3:08 PM
If your lower is in any way attached to a nuclear device, keep it far away from Chico. Otherwise, you are perfectly legal but, if you don't have the money to defend yourself ..............

You are only breaking the law if you detonate said nuclear device. :D

I am surprised to hear this about Butte County.

thempopresense
12-15-2008, 3:10 PM
don't tell the father in law jack sh*t anymore. If he started calling around about something he knows nothing about, he needs to be kept out of the loop. Imagine if his daughter runs over to her daddy's house crying about how you came home late and she thought you drove home drunk!

Hello, Chico County Sheriff, There is a drunk man with what I believe to be an illegal assault weapon, and my daughter is scared to go back home to her husband.

RJ Dunn
12-15-2008, 3:13 PM
You should just sell it. I'll give you $100 plus shipping. :)

That aint right. I'll give you $125

joemama
12-15-2008, 3:15 PM
i think its a hefty $500 fine for detonation of the nuclear device. I took my ar when it had a monsterman grip to the orville range and didnt get hassled by anyone. If your asking shops like safer arms about any of this stuff they are far behind the times. I got yelled out of there a few years back asking about a bayonet for my sks. Kept saying thats a felony!! God knows i'll never go back there asking anything about an AR type rifle. I keep the flow chart in my gun case just in case someone starts asking questions.

RobG
12-15-2008, 3:21 PM
FUD Best served form the mouths of gunshop dipsticks:p

The flow chart, as well as one bazillion posts here, spell it all out in black and white.

Seriously though, if you are that worried, just sell it after DROS and buy a Keltec or similar.

A324
12-15-2008, 3:22 PM
i think its a hefty $500 fine for detonation of the nuclear device. .

Tehama County doesn't have any laws against the detonation of nuclear devices, or storage thereof.

CSACANNONEER
12-15-2008, 3:41 PM
I thought Chico had a law against transporting/possessing a nuclear device within city limits.

Captain Evilstomper
12-15-2008, 3:47 PM
if you're really concerned, you could convert it to a Prince 50 maglock, and use it as a break action rifle...

NineteenElev3n
12-15-2008, 3:51 PM
I was also told this nonsense of a local gun store worker that bullet buttons were illegal. He said that bullet buttons do not change the definition of the magazine not being detachable.

BenjaminCA
12-15-2008, 3:54 PM
As long as its legal then I'm not worried about it. Its just very frustrating when a DA or LE has a right to drag you through the court process until you spend enough money to prove your not braking the law. Especially when law enforcement agencies have something like the Sacramento Bulletin posted up in their office. Or when the DA across the county sees bullet buttons as legal and another just doesn't feel the same way about it. Its the difference between felony and have a nice day. If I wanted to put myself under the magnifying glass then I would write a letter to the DA and try to get him to see my side of things. This will only result in a response saying something like... "I appreciate your concern citizen, but the law clearly states that AR-15's are a horrible menace to our streets and worthy of death when caught in possession." I believe the bullet button to be a legal alternative for owning and operating an AR-15, but how do I get the DA to understand?

Decoligny
12-15-2008, 3:55 PM

He doesn't have to worry, the $500 fine only applies if he actually detonates a nuclear device in Chino.

A324
12-15-2008, 3:59 PM
I thought Chico had a law against transporting/possessing a nuclear device within city limits.

That would be correct. Members of the homebrewers nuclear device club are forced to take the long way around when passing through Chico.

http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/Forklift_Accident_With_Bomb.jpg

asheron2
12-15-2008, 4:00 PM
Ive talked to the guys who run the Oroville range(Clay Pit) and they dont care what you have as long as its not full auto they arent going to give you a hard time.

Also, no bowling in the streets or displaying of green pelts!!

domokun
12-15-2008, 4:03 PM
Here you go. Print this out along with the "CA ID Flowchart" linked at the top of this forum, keep it with your OLL at all times and you should be fine.

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/Sacramento-PD-OLL_Training_Bulletin-2008-11-18.pdf

BenjaminCA
12-15-2008, 4:03 PM
Good to hear about the Oroville range, that's where I will be stopping on my way home from picking up the rifle. I don't know how to get my father-in-law off my back about all of this. I know he supports the 2nd amendment so at least we have an understanding there.

gunrun45
12-15-2008, 4:06 PM
PM sent.

GuyW
12-15-2008, 4:13 PM
I don't know how to get my father-in-law off my back about all of this.

Suggestion: tell him to STFU....

...works great....YMMV...

savageevo
12-15-2008, 4:13 PM
Dude just divorce your wife and get another one, problem solved. You won't be bothered by your ex-father inlaw.:smilielol5:

CalCop
12-15-2008, 4:15 PM
but the law clearly states that AR-15's are a horrible menace to our streets and worthy of death when caught in possession." I believe the bullet button to be a legal alternative for owning and operating an AR-15, but how do I get the DA to understand?First of all, it would help if you stopped calling it an AR-15. You bought a "Stag-15" (if I'm not mistaken that's what the receiver says) not an AR-15. And if you are truly worried about the CHP application, you may want to lay low with that rifle until your background is complete. Unfortunately, there may be a CHP background investigator who knows nothing about guns, except that he has to shoot a Smith and Wesson that he thinks rocks...he may not take kindly to a detention for a "possible" illegal weapon (no matter how groundless, the detention can show up on a CLETS check). Background investigators can fail you for some pretty weak crap, if they want to.

Wild Squid
12-15-2008, 4:17 PM
DA is just trying to install fear mongering in you. All government law entities lie out their goddamn arses because they can. They can lie and twist all their stories to try and get innocent people to say something stupid and then "BAM!!!" you're face down on the ground.

CalCop
12-15-2008, 4:19 PM
All government law entities lie out their goddamn arses because they can. They can lie and twist all their stories to try and get innocent people to say something stupid and then "BAM!!!" you're face down on the ground.Yeah, whatever, chill with your mass generalizations.

tombinghamthegreat
12-15-2008, 4:26 PM
DA is just trying to install fear mongering in you.

The DA and some(not all) local PD will spread FUD. I am sure some PD might think my RAA saiga is illegal because it has a detachable mag and is a AK style gun. I am sure if you were to get into unloaded open carrying with some of those local PD the amount of FUD that would be spread would be unbelievable. Just be aware of the law and not take bad advise from the DOJ or the DA.

BenjaminCA
12-15-2008, 4:26 PM
In regards to calling it an AR-15, my apologies, I will call it a Stag-15 from here on out. The weapon is in DROS, and is mine on the 24th. If I am never detained or brought up on charges concerning potential illegal firearm possession then I shouldn't have a problem? Aside from 2 tickets my record is clean, hopefully the guy doing the background check knows the law. If not I might just have to part with the rifle, it wouldn't be worth the risk of jeopardizing my future.

CSACANNONEER
12-15-2008, 4:30 PM
In regards to calling it an AR-15, my apologies, I will call it a Stag-15 from here on out. The weapon is in DROS, and is mine on the 24th. If I am never detained or brought up on charges concerning potential illegal firearm possession then I shouldn't have a problem? Aside from 2 tickets my record is clean, hopefully the guy doing the background check knows the law. If not I might just have to part with the rifle, it wouldn't be worth the risk of jeopardizing my future.

I'd just call it a .223 or 5.56 rifle and nothing more. Or, call it Darling or, Sue or, Matilda or, ?????? There's no need to call it XXX-15, is there?

shawnyteee
12-15-2008, 4:30 PM
Your not breaking the law unless you assemble the pistol grip to the lower before making that "attachable magazine", and then mysteriously, a ATF team bust down your door while your configuring.

What the DA and the gunshop is saying is that its Legal but its Hot. Hot enough to get you into trouble but like all cases, it will be drop since it can't hold. BB is the loophole to SB23. Like all my friends that want to assemble an AR, I tell them to read up on the legality, keep the PC codes on them for reassurance, and know the risk.

shawnyteee
12-15-2008, 4:32 PM
I'd just call it a .223 or 5.56 rifle and nothing more. Or, call it Darling or, Sue or Matilda or, ?????? There's no need to call it XXX-15, is there?

Thats a good idea too. Or make it known... call it a California Legal Off list lower build ar-15 configuration with an attachable magazine.

Wild Squid
12-15-2008, 4:36 PM
The DA and some(not all) local PD will spread FUD. I am sure some PD might think my RAA saiga is illegal because it has a detachable mag and is a AK style gun. I am sure if you were to get into unloaded open carrying with some of those local PD the amount of FUD that would be spread would be unbelievable. Just be aware of the law and not take bad advise from the DOJ or the DA.

Yea, does anyone know whether anyone has ever successfully sued a government entity like DA or DOJ for straight faced lying to you for Example in this case they say your BB installed rifle is illegal and will land you in jail? It really irks me that they lie for their own personal gratification. There needs to be more accountability.

M. Sage
12-15-2008, 4:47 PM
Suggestion: tell him to STFU....

...works great....YMMV...

Lol, I was going to say...

Your not breaking the law unless you assemble the pistol grip to the lower before making that "attachable magazine", and then mysteriously, a ATF team bust down your door while your configuring.

Unless you put a pistol grip on the rifle when it's assembled, you're fine. You can put a pistol grip on a lower without a mag lock, because it's not a centerfire, semiautomatic rifle.

Kid Stanislaus
12-15-2008, 4:47 PM
Tehama County doesn't have any laws against the detonation of nuclear devices, or storage thereof.

Do ya mean I could actually sneak one into Corning? He he he!

Kid Stanislaus
12-15-2008, 4:51 PM
Good to hear about the Oroville range, that's where I will be stopping on my way home from picking up the rifle. I don't know how to get my father-in-law off my back about all of this. I know he supports the 2nd amendment so at least we have an understanding there.

Just show him the data, educate him. Its too bad the DA is an HA.

live2offroad
12-15-2008, 4:54 PM
I live in Chico Ca and I just purchased a bullet button equipped Stag model 1 AR-15 (currently in the 10 wait). After my father-in-law heard of my desire to purchase the weapon he made some phone calls to all the local gun stores about the legality of the bullet button. All of them stated that the District Attorney here in Chico (Mike Ramsey) doesn't care if there is a bullet button, he says its an illegal assault weapon. My father-in-law is still waiting for a call back from the chief of police here in Chico concerning "bullet buttons" and I have a feeling I know what he is going to say. I know people here in Chico own bullet button equipped AR-15's and I believe what I have read on the forums regarding bullet buttons. The Sacramento PD bulletin is a nice read, but in a different county how is it ever going to help me? He is pretty much telling me that when I go to pick up my rifle I am in danger of committing a felony offense when I bring it into Butte County. Does anyone have any good news on this or am I up a creek? I did the research and I asked around, as far as I knew it was legal to posses this firearm in CA, regardless of what county I'm in. I am really frustrated because I understood the bullet button to be a legal way to own an AR15, I don't want to break the law, my applications in the CHP right now and I don't want anything to jeopardize that. This is a rant, any support would be great.

Ben

Local DA can "think" whatever he wants.. The law is what it is..

What I want to know is why you involved the whole fraking world in your firearm purchase? Do the research, buy the gun..

I find it odd that your Father in Law is telling you your new CA legal firearm is a felony, and he knows this because a gun store clerk told him this over the phone?.. Huh.. interesting.

Decoligny
12-15-2008, 4:56 PM

I stand corrected.

Chico Municipal Code 9.60.030 Prohibition on the production, testing, maintenance and storage of nuclear weapons and nuclear weapons delivery systems.
No person shall produce, test, maintain, or store within the city a nuclear weapon, component of a nuclear weapon, nuclear weapon delivery system, or component of a nuclear weapon delivery system.
(Ord. 1564 2 (part))

Kid Stanislaus
12-15-2008, 4:56 PM
Yea, does anyone know whether anyone has ever successfully sued a government entity like DA or DOJ for straight faced lying to you for Example in this case they say your BB installed rifle is illegal and will land you in jail? It really irks me that they lie for their own personal gratification. There needs to be more accountability.

They are pretty well insulated.

Casual Reader
12-15-2008, 5:10 PM

Ben

I'm new here and am only starting to pick up on some of the lingo, but it seems to me that without knowing the actual verbage your father-in-law actually used you are probably freaking out for no reason.

I'm going to throw out a guess that he called the DA's office and asked about an "AR-15 with a bullet button." Thereby making the answer the DA's office gave factually correct. an "AR-15" would be illegal bullet button or no bullet button because an "AR-15" would not be an OLL - it is specifically prohibited.

The "Stag-15" you are buying is perfectly legal with the bullet button because it is NOT an "AR-15" which would be the whole point of the OLL situation.

BenjaminCA
12-15-2008, 5:33 PM
First off, I posted this because I enjoy the comments of like minded people. I know most on here understand the law and I appreciate the opinions this post has received. It may sound odd, but its nice to hear people on your side instead of against you. As far as opening up my purchase to the whole world, if I have done that its my mistake, and its something that I will have to learn not to do. Concerning my use of "AR-15" my un-education has already been discussed and hopefully is resolved. I am not sure how concerned the DA is about terminology, but you have a good point Casual Reader, and if he really is hung up on the idea because of a miss-communication then I should have little to worry about. I am also new and I am catching up as quick as I can concerning terminology so as to avoid future confusion.

AC Gould
12-15-2008, 5:34 PM
I stand corrected.

Chico Municipal Code 9.60.030 Prohibition on the production, testing, maintenance and storage of nuclear weapons and nuclear weapons delivery systems.
No person shall produce, test, maintain, or store within the city a nuclear weapon, component of a nuclear weapon, nuclear weapon delivery system, or component of a nuclear weapon delivery system.
(Ord. 1564 2 (part))

Used to be some missle silos in the Chico area (storable missles with nukes)....wonder if this ordinance is a result of them????:D

Fate
12-15-2008, 6:06 PM
BB is the loophole to SB23.It's not a loophole.

56Chevy
12-15-2008, 6:10 PM
I stand corrected.

(Ord. 1564 2 (part))
I guess they don't have to worry about any terrorists with nukes if there's a law against it.

383green
12-15-2008, 6:19 PM
I'd just call it a .223 or 5.56 rifle and nothing more. Or, call it Darling or, Sue or, Matilda or, ?????? There's no need to call it XXX-15, is there?

I'd call it... Vera. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXccNHpB9k4

But seriously, I'd show dear old Stepdad that Sacramento PD memo, then I'd ask him if he wouldn't mind showing that memo to all of the various folks he got all hot and bothered over ol' Vera, and finally, I'd seriously consider leaving him out of the loop in the future. If you're not sure whether something is legal, the last people you ought to call are the ones who'll arrest you if it isn't! Even if we ignore the fact that they're woefully uninformed about CA's convoluted firearms laws more often than not.

Pronghorn
12-15-2008, 6:20 PM
The FFL would be in as much trouble as you. Don't sweat it.

Just as long as it's not the one trickyvic had for sale, you should be OK.

BenjaminCA
12-15-2008, 6:28 PM
:D Man, don't post stuff like that while I am in the library.. Its not easy to stifle a laugh...

JDay
12-15-2008, 6:35 PM
This is out of the CA Assault Weapons ID Guide on the Attorney Generals site.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf

Magazine, detachable - An ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither
disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered
a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc
clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine.

No need for you to worry.

CalCop
12-15-2008, 6:35 PM
If I am never detained or brought up on charges concerning potential illegal firearm possession then I shouldn't have a problem? Aside from 2 tickets my record is clean, hopefully the guy doing the background check knows the law. If not I might just have to part with the rifle, it wouldn't be worth the risk of jeopardizing my future.The background does NOT include a check with DOJ of what firearms you own, so don't worry about that. I am just suggesting that you use the rifle discreetly until you pass background, that way you don't have some ignorant cop detaining you, because those detentions show up on CLETS with a possible charge, then "No Arrest Received." But still it doesn't look good, and will open up the background investigator to ask about your guns. It is better to lay low until you pass background, in my opinion. By all means, take possession of the gun...but just be smart and keep it in the house or trunk (even though you don't have to) and go to ranges where you know someone won't call the cops for your "scary black rifle." Just advice from someone who might know some background investigators.:rolleyes:
Two tickets? Depends on how recent...with CHP, two in the last year or two...no good. Two in the last seven years, and none recently, probably okay.

Casual Reader
12-15-2008, 6:40 PM
First off, I posted this because I enjoy the comments of like minded people. I know most on here understand the law and I appreciate the opinions this post has received. It may sound odd, but its nice to hear people on your side instead of against you. As far as opening up my purchase to the whole world, if I have done that its my mistake, and its something that I will have to learn not to do. Concerning my use of "AR-15" my un-education has already been discussed and hopefully is resolved. I am not sure how concerned the DA is about terminology, but you have a good point Casual Reader, and if he really is hung up on the idea because of a miss-communication then I should have little to worry about. I am also new and I am catching up as quick as I can concerning terminology so as to avoid future confusion.

For better or for worse a good portion of our legal system hangs on the details of people's terminology. It seems to be what keep a good number of attorney's employed.

In the case of OLLs (and most of the gun laws) this seems to work to our advantage for the moment. If the courts were to follow a broader spirit of the law attitude rather than looking at the literal words in black and white we might very well be a lot farther up s&%! creek in California than we are now.

It is pickyness over terminology (and a lot of hard work by many of the folks here) that has given us the ability to buy OLLs in the first place.

What is most important though is that you enjoy your new rifle... I wish i could get out and buy a couple more. Silly children expecting gifts on x-mas morning... who needs a Wii anyway?

A324
12-15-2008, 6:49 PM
Used to be some missle silos in the Chico area (storable missles with nukes)....wonder if this ordinance is a result of them????:D

Those were Nike Missile silos, now empty but last time I checked they were still there. Guess the AF keeps em on standby in case Chico changes it's mind on a first strike option.

rayra
12-15-2008, 7:43 PM
Sounds like the OP shouldn't own an OLL, because he isn't willing to demand 'the corrupted system' uphold the letter of the law..

AC Gould
12-15-2008, 7:47 PM
Those were Nike Missile silos, now empty but last time I checked they were still there. Guess the AF keeps em on standby in case Chico changes it's mind on a first strike option.

Titan 1s ---My dad worked on them in the 60s. Decommisioned around 1965ish ...Just n of the airport.

BenjaminCA
12-15-2008, 7:53 PM
Rayra, your right, if I am this worried about nut job DA's and uninformed LEOs than I shouldn't own an OLL. Point taken. From now on, I demand corrupt systems uphold the letter of the law, and I'll be at peace with all my concerns. I am not being sarcastic either, I really feel better about this whole thing thanks to you guys, and I know the law is on my side.

ST5MF
12-15-2008, 7:58 PM

Ben

I am actually in the process of buying a home in the United States to avoid such stupidity.

jdberger
12-15-2008, 8:09 PM
What the DA and the gunshop is saying is that its Legal but its Hot. Hot enough to get you into trouble but like all cases, it will be drop since it can't hold. BB is the loophole to SB23. Like all my friends that want to assemble an AR, I tell them to read up on the legality, keep the PC codes on them for reassurance, and know the risk.

The BB is not a loophole. It's compliance with the letter of the law.

There are laws that prohibit driving a vehicle unrestrained. The addition of a "safety strap" to the vehicle and the proper employ thereof allows the LEGAL operation of a motor vehicle on public roads and highways.

Wearing a seatbelt isn't a "loophole". It's compliance with the letter of the law.

Please get this straight. Continuously asserting that there is some sort of "loophole", you imply that we're nothing more than clever lawbreakers.

We are not.

We don't exploit loopholes. We work to comply with current statutes.

Solidmch
12-15-2008, 8:18 PM

Ben

Get a new Father in Law. Guy sounds like a real tyrant. Tell him I bought my BB AR from a CHP. I built my mmg and my U-15 AR myself. Had my BB AR in Chico about 4 monts ago. Man it worked great there. Hey Ill give you my Kel-Tec for your AR-15. It is a nice hunk of plastic... Might work in chico fine.

Rumpled
12-15-2008, 8:18 PM
Titan 1s ---My dad worked on them in the 60s. Decommisioned around 1965ish ...Just n of the airport.

When he was at Chico, my brother used to rappel down into them. He said the doors have been removed and they often have water in them.

Bad Voodoo
12-15-2008, 8:19 PM
I stand corrected.

(Ord. 1564 2 (part))

See, this is why I live in Concord. :cool:

BenjaminCA
12-15-2008, 8:23 PM
My Father-in-law is not a bad guy, I like him a lot, he was just looking for information in the wrong place. Thanks for the posts,

AaronHorrocks
12-15-2008, 8:23 PM
There's other things to do other than the Bullet Button. If they think they're illegal you can go:

- Fixed mag, with a D-Ring equiped rear pin for fast takedown

- Featureless, with detachable mags.

Personally I'm not making any of my 4 or 5 or 6 lowers into builds with a "bullet button". I don't want to take the risk of anyone at my house or at the range popping in one of my prepan 30 rounders, and commiting a crime.