PDA

View Full Version : LPK pricing question??

1911 Rookie
12-15-2008, 1:48 PM
Hi,

There have been a few threads in the buy\sell forum for LPK's. Now that says to me Lower Parts Kits. What am I missing that these are listed for amounts around $175?? LPK's from brownells are less than half that. do the ones on the forum have a match trigger or something? Hopefully this is a better place to ask than in the for sale listing.

Hopi
12-15-2008, 1:51 PM
Goods are worth what somebody is willing to pay. LPKs, in particular, have recently been very hard to find "in-stock" and some folks have been paying to play.

Lateralus
12-15-2008, 2:39 PM
Did you pay attention in Econ?

Supply < Demand

Luckily, Ive got all the parts I need for a while. Im going to wait until the buy frenzy is over and help relieve the inevitable surplus of parts.

Hopi
12-15-2008, 2:52 PM

Supply < Demand

Luckily, Ive got all the parts I need for a while. Im going to wait until the buy frenzy is over and help relieve the inevitable surplus of parts.

You and me both.

1BigPea
12-15-2008, 3:32 PM

Supply < Demand

Yup.

I'm not saying I'm Nostradamus but when NoBama started pulling ahead and things were taking a turn in the election I drove over to Riflegear and picked up 4 LPK's and down to J&J and purchased 2 more lowers.

I saw this coming.

Spyder
12-15-2008, 5:47 PM
Hell, if I could get away with selling a lower or two for 300 each and a lpk or two for 175 each without getting lynched on here, I'd probably do it too!

1BigPea
12-15-2008, 7:37 PM
Hell, if I could get away with selling a lower or two for 300 each and a lpk or two for 175 each without getting lynched on here, I'd probably do it too!

Yah...i'm not selling though...I've got BRD. ;)

slowjonn
12-15-2008, 8:00 PM
Not sure why people are paying those prices. There is plenty of stuff out there, in stock. You just have to look. I got two LPK's from the mfr just last week. Total for both was under $150 shipped.

nobs11
12-15-2008, 8:02 PM

I wouldn't.

Making money is nice, but the integrity you lose by screwing your fellow gun owners to make a few bucks would not be worth it to me.

CHS
12-15-2008, 8:21 PM
I wouldn't.

Making money is nice, but the integrity you lose by screwing your fellow gun owners to make a few bucks would not be worth it to me.

If someone is willing to pay for it, then they aren't getting screwed.

If they felt they are getting screwed, then they're a total moron for paying that price in the first place.

I say, sell away! Get what you can!

Spyder
12-15-2008, 8:46 PM
I agree. If somone willingly hands me a wad of cash for something that they could just as easily get somewhere else for less, its on them, not me.

Anybody want a lower? $300, delivered to your ffl! :D