PDA

View Full Version : Rangersales.com - beware

7222 Hawker
12-15-2008, 1:29 PM
Hey fellas FYI - I bought a lower parts kit six weeks ago on Rangersales.com. They adverstised the parts as in stock and I found the link on a calguns thread. Today, I emailed them to confirm the order as I had not heard anything. I received a return email stating the order had been canceled and was backordered into January. FYI - they are shady.

Mississippi
12-15-2008, 1:32 PM
You waited 6 weeks before confirming your order??? Holy cow and I get cranky after a few days wait on an ebay package. I would have been on them after a week of not hearing from them.

MrSlippyFist
12-15-2008, 1:35 PM
Yeah - I wouldn't jump to call them shady if you waited 6 weeks with no contact.

7222 Hawker
12-15-2008, 1:37 PM
Yeah - I wouldn't jump to call them shady if you waited 6 weeks with no contact.

I know but I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt based on the current panic situation.

MrSlippyFist
12-15-2008, 1:47 PM
Understandable, they could have taken the good-guy route and sent you an update, but unfortunately not all companies have the time and means, so the responsibility is ours.

Lateralus
12-15-2008, 2:43 PM
Hello!

I was the one who posted the thread about rangersales having the LPKs in stock. I too ordered several from them (and an A2 stock) because they had them listed as in stock. I emailed them about it and I still have their response:

Date Ordered: Friday 21 November, 2008

The comments for your order are: in stock will ship this week
Rick

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Processing

I too received an email from them yesterday saying they are now out and will reorder in January. Pay no mind what this "Rick" said, shipped within a week...

I will not be shopping from them again.

Obviously a Plant
12-15-2008, 3:07 PM
Same here, after they processed my order I got this:
[I]Order Number: 694
Date Ordered: Tuesday 25 November, 2008
The comments for your order are: Do to the extreme amount of orders we will not be accepting anymore orders till further notice have cancelled this
order Sorry for the Inconvience.please order at a later date
Rangersales LLC
Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Update
Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

PK Firearms seems to have LPK's in stock though, & they were very quick in shipping me my last order & sending-on tracking info. Here's their LPK link:

http://www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_items.aspx?type=0&term=36

7222 Hawker
12-15-2008, 3:39 PM
Hello!

I was the one who posted the thread about rangersales having the LPKs in stock. I too ordered several from them (and an A2 stock) because they had them listed as in stock. I emailed them about it and I still have their response:

I too received an email from them yesterday saying they are now out and will reorder in January. Pay no mind what this "Rick" said, shipped within a week...

I will not be shopping from them again.

Yup - no harm no foul to you but will not use them again.

Gator Monroe
12-15-2008, 3:43 PM
I know but I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt based on the current panic situation.

This benefit of a doubt thingy is gettin outta hand (or is it)

7222 Hawker
12-15-2008, 3:45 PM
This benefit of a doubt thingy is gettin outta hand (or is it)

yes it is. Vendors need to start being vendors regardless of the current demand.

7222 Hawker
12-15-2008, 3:46 PM
Ya know who is still doing non gouging good business - Rainier Arms. FYI

dfletcher
12-15-2008, 3:57 PM
I'm doing the "polite cancel" on a few orders that I've waited well over 6 weeks on when they were listed as in stock and/or the vendor charged my card at the time of order. My first reaction is to be PO'd & let them know, especially when they took the $$$ up front, but I'll hold off & shop elsewhere when I can.

I'm not much of a computer guy, is it so tough to update a website to read "Out of Stock"?

7222 Hawker
12-15-2008, 4:09 PM
I'm doing the "polite cancel" on a few orders that I've waited well over 6 weeks on when they were listed as in stock and/or the vendor charged my card at the time of order. My first reaction is to be PO'd & let them know, especially when they took the $$$ up front, but I'll hold off & shop elsewhere when I can.

I'm not much of a computer guy, is it so tough to update a website to read "Out of Stock"?

Ya now, I'm not that much of a computer guy either. But with these guys - I got an immediate email saying they were 8 - 10 weeks out. I then replied asking if this applied to LPK's since they were listed in stock. I got a return email saying "no, these are in stock" and then never got the kit. Basically, they lied and I still don't have my LPK.

fairfaxjim
12-15-2008, 9:10 PM
I ordered a couple of LPK's, a stock, and some other small items that were shown in stock, complete with the number remaining in stock. I got an order confirmation, and then this:
NOTICE TO ALL CUSTOMERS
Do to the recent the volume of orders we are overwhelmed with calls. This
situation has placed all shipments of AR15-kits and accessories at
approximately 6 to 8 weeks. THIS IS FOR ORDERS PLACED AFTER NOV,1ST.2008

As all our kits are built to order for each customer, we must charge your
credit card at the time of your order to ensure the you are in our system
and receive the right order, if this is not agreeable please send an e-mail
and we will cancel your order.

Please do not call as we do not have time to spend on the phone checking
orders, e-mails will be answered as promptly as time permits.

Ranger Sales apologizes for any inconvenience this might cause. All we ask
is please be patient.

Ranger Sales LLC

I don't believe in paying for things unless I receive them, and cancelled the order. They either have a crappy website - the order entry & fulfillment should atuomatically update the stock available and inventory levels. These guys obviously have a small operation and were overwhelmed when the Obama gun rush of '08 hit.

becxltoo984
12-15-2008, 9:20 PM
What's shady is charging your acct collecting your money then expecting you to wait 6-12 weeks !
Once the transaction is 60 to 30 days old there's not much recourse through your credit card company .

jamesob
12-15-2008, 10:16 PM
the fact that they don't list any prices should have been a clue.

Boots
12-15-2008, 10:27 PM
I think in some states it's illegal for them to charge for something that they cannot/will not ship within 30 days.
I've heard of some lawsuits related to this and people buying "custom built" computers from major vendors and then told that they are on back-order and waiting for parts. The killer was that their return policy only accepted computers back only a week to 15 days after your card was charged. (time of purchase)

What's shady is charging your acct collecting your money then expecting you to wait 6-12 weeks !
Once the transaction is 60 to 30 days old there's not much recourse through your credit card company .

dchang0
12-15-2008, 10:44 PM

It's not tough, but it IS time-consuming if done manually and expensive if done automatically (by installing software that ties the inventory database of the shop's Point-of-Sale or warehousing system real-time into the website's e-commerce system).

I've been trying to get some of my clients to do exactly this, and they usually balk at the cost of purchasing and installing the software "hooks" because they figure they can handle it manually. In slow/regular times, that's usually true. But when orders speed up, they screw themselves, because now they've got to fill orders AND update the site all at the same time. Usually, it's one poor employee doing both...

I'm not defending the shop owners who screwed themselves and their customers (and their employee(s)) this way--that's a rotten way to run a business, because it is a straight-out LIE to say you have something in stock when you don't. Err on the side of caution, if you don't have the resources to keep your e-commerce inventory database current with your warehouse inventory, then say "CALL FOR AVAILABILITY" instead, or pony up and buy the software!