PDA

View Full Version : Eotech Replicas $50-90 on ebay!!

macentyre
12-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I have two of these....they are shock tested and water proof....tested them myself! I have one on two rifles and have put 500 rounds through my guns with no problems at all....I have the 552 "AA" battery version and the 551 watch battery version...both work perfect...made exactly the same and with the same metal and button configuration....highly recommended!! Better then paying $399 for one....try it out!!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=eotech+replica&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Merry Christmas!
Mac

Bowser
12-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Shock tested with airsoft?

akjunkie
12-15-2008, 10:08 AM
LOL, Let the Flames, begin.

Shane916
12-15-2008, 10:08 AM
I guess if you are down with supporting communist countries who blatantly rip off an American design, violate trademark and copyright laws and create these clones as airsoft parts :) Then go for it! :D

macentyre
12-15-2008, 10:12 AM
yep...tested with a real rifle...not airsoft.

acolytes
12-15-2008, 10:16 AM
What kind of rifle do you have these on and how many round have you put through it? It hold zero? I would think it would come apart after a while since it says for airsoft on the title and all.

Bug Splat
12-15-2008, 10:19 AM
What kind of rifle do you have these on and how many round have you put through it? It hold zero? I would think it would come apart after a while since it says for airsoft on the title and all.

how about a 50lbs rifle with downloaded 40gr 223 rounds:D

mark2203
12-15-2008, 11:09 AM
I watched one of these things come completely apart and fall off my buddy's AR this past weekend while shooting. I nicknamed it the ghetto-tech.

MrSlippyFist
12-15-2008, 11:12 AM
I guess if you are down with supporting communist countries who blatantly rip off an American design, violate trademark and copyright laws and create these clones as airsoft parts :) Then go for it! :D

+1.

djbooya
12-15-2008, 11:18 AM

Honestly, I only know of 1 person that feels this way and tried to make sure he bought products that didn't have a single part made in China...guess what though..he's a technology junkie and made an "exception" for anything that was a technology product because he knew there would be NO way to insure he wasn't supporting China in some way by buying anything with electronics in it. So unless you don't buy ANYTHING that has any parts made in China you'd be a hypocrite. It's quite possible to do it, but I've seen many people make statements like yours, but when it comes down to it, they realize they can't stay away 100% from anything made in China...

djbooya
12-15-2008, 11:21 AM
I have two of these....they are shock tested and water proof....tested them myself! I have one on two rifles and have put 500 rounds through my guns with no problems at all....I have the 552 "AA" battery version and the 551 watch battery version...both work perfect...made exactly the same and with the same metal and button configuration....highly recommended!! Better then paying $399 for one....try it out!!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=eotech+replica&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Merry Christmas!
Mac

What did you put these through? I have no doubt they'd be great on a .22 or maybe even a 9mm carbine, but were you shooting anything from .223 on up? I thought about getting one, but after shipping they are about $100 and I just picked up a Bushnell Holosight off e-Bay for $215 shipped.

freonr22
12-15-2008, 11:31 AM

but. wher are most people shoes made???? i really hate supporting their gov'mt but i dont know how to get around it

Shane916
12-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Ok I never said don't buy anything Chinese.

That's impossible.

I'm referring to items such as this...

Items that are EXACT clones of American products, of which sometimes even use the name of the American manufacture.

Aimpoint/Leupold/Trijicon/EoTech would be examples of such.

Jicko
12-15-2008, 11:53 AM

I wouldn't go that far to blame a country for this, especially one that hold huge amount of US T-bills.

I would rather blame the companies who sell these things and on the people who buy them.... supply and demand...

Clodbuster
12-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Aimpoint is from Sweden.

Clod

Ok I never said don't buy anything Chinese.

That's impossible.

I'm referring to items such as this...

Items that are EXACT clones of American products, of which sometimes even use the name of the American manufacture.

Aimpoint/Leupold/Trijicon/EoTech would be examples of such.

bwiese
12-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Junk crap.

Why buy 3 clones that fail over time when you can get the real one that works?

Plus I wouldn't want to violate the originator's copyright/trade dress intellectual property that's being violated by the importer and seller (as well as the buyer).

Clodbuster
12-15-2008, 12:06 PM
I have a few myself...used only on airsoft...mainly for display. I switch to a real Eotech when going out to the field.
Do you have a real Eotech to compare them to?
The ones I have are not made of the same metal, nor are they waterproof -- not even water-resistant. Maybe splash proof. The glass is so thin they'll most likely crack or the seals will leak.

Clod

Merry Christmas!
Mac

hawk1
12-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Not this again...

http://images.allposters.com/images/ICO/1445032.jpg

Vinz
12-15-2008, 12:31 PM

Merry Christmas!
Mac

If you had ever tried a REAL one...you'd never even touch a clone. Doesn't even compare...the clone is a reflective red dot that you can see from the opposite side. Are you a seller?

vinz

SuperSet
12-15-2008, 12:39 PM
The economy is crap right now so I can't fault you for looking at more economical options for your shooting needs. Actually, I'm glad that it's working out for you.
But what I think some shooters, including myself, see a problem with your OP is when you say my $50 sight is just as good as the real thing. And that's just blatantly not the case.

cleanguy46
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Junk crap.

Why buy 3 clones that fail over time when you can get the real one that works?

Plus I wouldn't want to violate the originator's copyright/trade dress intellectual property that's being violated by the importer and seller (as well as the buyer).

+1 on what he said.

Mississippi
12-15-2008, 1:40 PM
Flame ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! knock off chinasoft!

Shane916
12-15-2008, 2:12 PM
I give up. Buy whatever the **** you want and stop quoting me.

Some of you are way too nit-picky and critical of posts.

hawk1
12-15-2008, 2:16 PM
I give up. Buy whatever the **** you want and stop quoting me.

Some of you are way too nit-picky and critical of posts.

They dearly want others to justify their junk purchase. Keep throwing it at them and never give up.

mvpatriot
12-15-2008, 2:32 PM
Seems to me like optics is one area where people chinse out.
In my aplications it makes no sense to have a $500 dot/scope, but I would not rely on airsoft chinese crap for my self defense weapons either. Someone mentioned the Bushnell Dot and it seems like a happy medium.

aplinker
12-15-2008, 2:40 PM
I wouldn't go that far to blame a country for this, especially one that hold huge amount of US T-bills.

I would rather blame the companies who sell these things and on the people who buy them.... supply and demand...

:confused:

Their government allows and encourages trademark, copyright and patent infringement.

Feel free to buy all you want. You'll end up with real stuff, too.

ivanimal
12-15-2008, 2:53 PM
Pure crap, robbery as well.

macentyre
12-15-2008, 4:37 PM
Good freakin Lord!

Didn't mean to piss a bunch of you off....just thought it was cool that you can get a sight like the eotech for such a great price!

I put it on a 5.56 and its done great....no problems...got water on it with no problems.

It does the job for me....oh well...if I could afford a real eotech I would have bought one....for $300 bucks?...are you freakin kidding me? or the ACOG...$900??? What the hell?

To each his own.

Mac

blackbok
12-15-2008, 5:20 PM

Merry Christmas!
Mac

Is it NV compatible? :D

I'll take 6!!!

macentyre
12-15-2008, 5:45 PM
As far as I know...I can switch between NV and red dot just like on a eotech....its the exact same setup and buttons.

I'm not selling them....I just bought mine on ebay.....use the link.

Mac

saki302
12-16-2008, 12:32 AM
That's what I was thinking- it's a cheap reflective sight, similar to a Russian Kobra (but not rifle-tested and stout). No way you could make a true holographic sight for 50 bucks. If they could, I'd be impressed.

-Dave

Boots
12-16-2008, 6:33 PM
LOL

I watched one of these things come completely apart and fall off my buddy's AR this past weekend while shooting. I nicknamed it the ghetto-tech.

Boots
12-16-2008, 6:35 PM
like the saying goes.. "you get what you pay for"
I got two Eotechs (512 & 552)... looked for a deal, got a deal, got the real deal!
wouldn't settle for anything less.

xibunkrlilkidsx
12-16-2008, 8:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/GimpyVision/PbnationStuff/flamesuit.jpg

i wouldnt trust them to last very long. or on anything larger than a 22lr

epic4444
12-16-2008, 8:42 PM
Not this again...

http://images.allposters.com/images/ICO/1445032.jpg

hahaha classic

maxicon
12-17-2008, 9:24 AM
These aren't clones, they're lookalikes. As others have said, they're not holographic sights like the Eotech, they're inexpensive red dots in a body that looks like an Eotech.

All they copied from Eotech is the looks. Not the technology, not the research, not the patented mechanism and holographic reticle, just the looks.

Will they work on real guns? Sure, just like any inexpensive red dot. Some will work fine for years, others will die shortly after installation, just like any inexpensive red dot. It's not like an AR is a recoil monster that shakes optics to pieces.

It's just like buying a cheap Bushnell red dot. It's a lot less money than an Aimpoint, and it will work fine for range use and plinking until it dies. When it does, throw it away and buy another, or spring for the expensive one, whichever floats your boat, but it's not an Eotech, and it's not as good as one.

macentyre
12-17-2008, 2:24 PM
I agree with the last statement....but mine works fine and has proved itself and I'll recommend them to anyone who has no big amounts of money to spend.

Thanks,
Mac

Infidel
12-17-2008, 3:10 PM
LOL, Let the Flames, begin.

Oh man are you in for the Flame Fest:20:...If it makes you feel better I have a Fakepoint Clone and I love it...Best $50 I ever spent...I will be buying the real thing eventually but for now it works awesome even after a few thousand rounds of .223

cleanguy46
12-17-2008, 3:49 PM
I agree with the last statement....but mine works fine and has proved itself and I'll recommend them to anyone who has no big amounts of money to spend.

Thanks,
Mac

The are still pieces of S**t and you are pushing a cheap product from a communist nation which is on an auction site that stifles purchases to those looking to make a buck and are within the law.

Clodbuster
12-18-2008, 11:40 AM
These are toy scopes made for toy guns.
The fact that people can use them on real firearms is a testament to how well built these toy scopes are.

Clod

FreedomIsNotFree
12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Seems to me you would be better off shooting from iron sights and becoming proficient with that until you can afford the read deal.