PDA

View Full Version : magazine sticks

cowplop
12-14-2008, 11:05 PM
I got a crappy 10/20 magazine that sticks to my AR. I have to hold the release and yank the thing out pretty hard. My other mag drops right out when I press the release.

Is there anything I can do to make the 10/20 smoother?

dchang0
12-14-2008, 11:14 PM
If you have a caliper, you can measure the width of the mag and compare it to your other working mags, then use a hammer and a wooden block (put the block between the hammer and the magazine to protect the finish and keep the magazine walls flat) to straighten out any problems.

The Cable Guy
12-15-2008, 12:00 AM
I got a crappy 10/20 magazine that sticks to my AR. I have to hold the release and yank the thing out pretty hard. My other mag drops right out when I press the release.

Is there anything I can do to make the 10/20 smoother?

If your gun is an AR I would hope its either registered or has a bullet button.

What kind of mag is it? Pmag, aluminum, steel?

gunrun45
12-15-2008, 12:06 AM
He could have a monster man grip also...

OP:
Have you tried other mags in your rifle? How do they fit, drop, etc... Is it just this one mag? Some lowers are not built to exact specs and their magwells can be a little tight on mags. Also, the park. on the inside of the mag well can be a little thick sometimes. I would try another mag (like a bushmaster factory 10 rounder) first to see if it is the gun or the mag. If the other mag sticks also a little sanding on the inside of the mag well. If the other mag works fine, you can mess with the first one but I would just trash it.

aplinker
12-15-2008, 1:15 AM
Or he could be using a bullet button.

Send it back, bend it, or just junk it.

Some magwells are smaller than others, some mags are wider than others.

Army
12-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Adjust your release length.