PDA

View Full Version : B&T TP9

CalCop
12-14-2008, 9:13 AM
I am guessing that the B&T TP9 (http://www.dsarms.com/BT-TP9-Semi-Auto-Tactical-Pistol-9mm-CIVILIAN-LEGAL/productinfo/BTTP9/) is a CA "assault pistol" because it has a "barrel shroud." How is one supposed to know the difference between a barrel shroud and a slide? (slide moves, barrel shroud doesn't?)

xxG3xx
12-14-2008, 9:28 AM
i could be wrong but i think CWS had one of these for sale not to long ago...so PM them and they could be able to answer your question

Quiet
12-14-2008, 10:07 PM
B&T TP-9 and the Steyr SPP are not "assault weapons".

They are legal to PPT in CA.
B&T makes 10 round magazines for the TP-9/SPP.

However, they are not on the "approved" list. So, getting them into CA will take some doing.

aplinker
12-15-2008, 12:21 AM
B&T TP-9 and the Steyr SPP are not "assault weapons".

They are legal to PPT in CA.
B&T makes 10 round magazines for the TP-9/SPP.

However, they are not on the "approved" list. So, getting them into CA will take some doing.

In normal configurations they have threaded barrels, so they would be AWs.

Removing the features would eliminate them from this.

However, the certification list is the issue (for now). Come NRFs this would be a nice choice.

formerTexan
12-15-2008, 10:29 AM
The trigger is also the "selector" on the TMPs, where the first "stage" is semi, while pulling the trigger all the way back is full auto. That can explain the crap trigger on the semi-only SPPs.

PIRATE14
12-15-2008, 10:40 AM
If you have a badge.....we can get you one..of course depends on who will xfer it for you..........

CalCop
12-15-2008, 7:06 PM
If you have a badge.....we can get you one..of course depends on who will xfer it for you..........How much?

hoffmang
12-15-2008, 7:16 PM
*cough cough* NRF... *cough cough*

-Gene