PDA

View Full Version : Spike's OLL

tatt00edangel
12-13-2008, 5:26 PM
Any experiences or comments on the Spike's OLL?

technique
12-13-2008, 5:29 PM
They look good and function just as well as the other lowers I have owned.

Nice painted selector markings on some of em.

Blacktail 8541
12-13-2008, 5:31 PM
They have a good reputation.

Mississippi
12-13-2008, 7:51 PM
love mine! great finish and fit. (best finish I have ever seen on lowers)

Wildhawk66
12-13-2008, 7:56 PM
Finish is excellent and it looks especially nice with their color fill and engraving. I did have trouble with Magpull trigger guards fitting in mine (had to do some filling). I can't say though, if the guards or the lowers were to blame.

I'd buy another Spikes OLL is that answers the questions.

WilliamAnderson
12-13-2008, 9:24 PM
I love mine and looks way more badass than the double star lower I bought re ently. I really like the h&k style selector on the side. High quality overall.

3GunFunShooter
12-13-2008, 9:34 PM
My 22LR is fine. Just as good as my Stag lowers.

Lateralus
12-14-2008, 1:01 AM
I have 2 Spikes lowers, each with the color fill and magwell decals. The fit and finish on both is fantastic, but I had some QC issues on one of them. See said (crappy cell phone) pictures below:

http://i34.tinypic.com/sopa1z.jpg

The color fill looks great. On an interesting side note, the globe and anchor is engraved into the metal and then filled, much like the serial and logo. The infidel mark is just laser etched, and the quality shows.

On the USMC globe and anchor, the magwell was not machined enough to accept a mag. At first glance, I thought it was a small tab that just needed to go bye bye, so I dipped into my AK building box o' fun and pulled out the grinder. After several passes, it became apparent that although I had made progress, there was a significant amount of machining that was needed. I emailed spikes and they set me right up. Paid for the shipping, removed all the parts for me (including the PITA Ace stock) and had it back to me withing a week of sending it out. Heres a picture after I went WECSOG on it:

http://i38.tinypic.com/aowlv.jpg

Both are now mounted. The USMC is now on a WOA Match 24" varminter upper and the fit and finish could not be better. The Infidel lower is on an LMT Carbine upper and the finish is great, but the fit is a little loose; Nothing a good accuwedge cannot solve. Neither has been tight on any other lower parts, and both have seen P50, BB, and the new AR Raddlock, which I am currently having an illegitimate love affair with. Dont feel bad BB, shes just younger, sexier, and easier to use. Dont hate me, we can still be friends.....

Jerkdog
12-14-2008, 6:38 AM
I have a dedicated .22lr lower. Fit and finish is great and it locks up solid with my Spike's .22lr upper (no gaps or wiggles).

ZombieKiller
12-14-2008, 7:06 AM
They were one of THE first to jack their prices up after the election....as a matter of fact- within a few a hours of the election. It was enough to change my mind.

AJAX22
12-14-2008, 7:18 AM
I still want one of their punsiher lowers.... Its one of the few things I forgot to stock up on before I took off for school.

tenpercentfirearms
12-14-2008, 7:27 AM
They were one of THE first to jack their prices up after the election....as a matter of fact- within a few a hours of the election. It was enough to change my mind.

That leaves more for everyone else. Oh wait, there are no lowers left. Nevermind.

offrdmania
12-14-2008, 8:55 AM
I have one for sale right now brand new in the WTS section

workinwifdakids
12-14-2008, 1:44 PM
That leaves more for everyone else. Oh wait, there are no lowers left. Nevermind.

I like you, and respect you, but everyone is getting OLLs in regular (albeit small) shipments, at or below the $200 mark. They are immediately sold upon (or even before) receipt at the FFL, but they are moving.

Your "there-are-no-lowers-left" thing is getting stale.

tenpercentfirearms
12-14-2008, 2:50 PM
I like you, and respect you, but everyone is getting OLLs in regular (albeit small) shipments, at or below the $200 mark. They are immediately sold upon (or even before) receipt at the FFL, but they are moving.

Really? Name some people who are getting some regular shipments? I got in a token Spike's Tactical order of 20 and a 10 lower order of Kaisers. All gone in three days. Will there be more? I am sure there will be. When? We have no idea.

There are no lowers left might not be what some of you want to hear, but those are the facts. Right now there are no lowers left. I would love to be wrong, go ahead and post up where some people have them in stock ready to sell. Everyone will appreciate you for it and I have no problem being wrong, if I really am.

5150Marcelo
12-14-2008, 3:11 PM

+1,78,4566,5,6,5+45,,56,+65,4+,95,54,564,+65,+,75! !!!

FOR REALS! DAMN

tenpercentfirearms
12-14-2008, 7:27 PM
+1,78,4566,5,6,5+45,,56,+65,4+,95,54,564,+65,+,75! !!!

FOR REALS! DAMN

http://blogs.townonline.com/newton/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/head-in-sand.JPG

dchang0
12-14-2008, 9:58 PM
I wish Spike's had removed the flashing on and polished the back of the tang like Stag does with theirs, but otherwise, I'm very happy with mine. However, if I were to buy another OLL, it would either be a Stag (for the greater attention to finish in its price range) or Noveske (for the brand/bragging rights).