PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good shop to buy random bits

bombadillo
12-12-2008, 7:30 PM
I am in need of extra parts now that my bolt catch roll pin got fouled up. I checked out brownells but their website is really hard to browse and their search engine sucks. I am just looking for a bunch of spare parts that I can piece together individually rather than buy a full parts kit. On a side note, will a 4/10" 3/32 roll pin from the hardware store fit in the standard bolt catch hole or will it potentially damage my lower. I'd rather not screw with it if I don't have to. So to sum it up, a decent place to buy individual lower parts at an affordable rate.

cowboyup
12-12-2008, 7:34 PM
Rifle gear has the parts, so does JT distrubiting....good luck

7222 Hawker
12-12-2008, 7:56 PM
I have ordered misc springs, detents and so on from RRA and DPMS directly. No problems with either - both shipped quickly and all parts were accounted for. They typically don't have the eight week wait on parts. Other than that - try a gun show. No kidding, you can find stuff everyone is saying is impossible to find. Reno was incredible. Anything you wanted - lowers, uppers, stocks, sights, whatever - no problem.

7222 Hawker
12-12-2008, 7:57 PM
Riflegear has always done me well too.

bombadillo
12-13-2008, 7:55 AM
Well, I ended up going with midway because they had a whole lot more in stock than anybody else. I got literally a complete LPK minus the bolt catch plunger, selector spring, selector, and trigger/hammer assembly. I threw in a KAC Anti rotational pin in 1.54 for 30 bucks and the whole order came to 68 bucks. I also got double and triple on many of the common springs to go flying out of hand never to be seen again so more or less a great field repair kit without having to pay out the wazoo.

Omega13device
12-13-2008, 8:49 AM
I like Midway for small parts too.

When you're inserting your springs and detents, put a bag over the area so that if the spring shoots out the bag will catch it.

Bowser
12-13-2008, 2:14 PM
Brownells.