PDA

View Full Version : Which reload is faster?

CalgunsRocks
12-12-2008, 6:22 PM
In your opinions which reload do you think is faster?

stripper clips (think SKS) or rock-and-lock mags (think M1A)

thanks in advance

tyrist
12-12-2008, 6:23 PM
magazines are faster...easier to get in...have larger capacity in the first place...and you can stay on target while doing a speed reload.

Rob454
12-12-2008, 6:23 PM
I think stripper clips are faster. At least for me thay are. Now if you were to say AK vs stripper clips I would say AK. That is if the shooters had the extra mag/clip in hand. Assuming you only have 10 round mag and clip. But for fast reloading i think it makes a difference what youre used to.
Rob

nobs11
12-12-2008, 7:04 PM
Depends on the operator. That's all there is to it. For the average person, mags are easier to use.

bobfried
12-12-2008, 7:21 PM
Is that really even a question?

I mean all the military and weapon designers on earth decided magazines were better than stripper clip back in the 40's (and quite a few even way before that if we count non front line weaponry). Magazines have had a run of the last 60 years in widespread use and service, so yeah, magazines are better.

I don't care who the person is, they're gonna be faster with and more efficient with magazines, hence the reason everyone on earth decided to go that route.

7222 Hawker
12-12-2008, 8:01 PM
What are you using it for? Magazines are fast, stripper clips are fast - realistically, if you not shooting against a stopwatch - who cares? If you practice an know what you are doing, god help whoever comes against you. BUT - you must practice and be proficient. Hell, for that matter, lever actions are fast. You ever seen someone with a single six that knows what they are doing?

CalgunsRocks
12-12-2008, 8:20 PM
thanks for the replies. it's just that rock-and-lock type mags (like those for the M1A) seem slower than typical mags like those for the AR-15. i also see people at the range struggling to get their M1A mags in their rifles

7222 Hawker
12-12-2008, 8:28 PM
thanks for the replies. it's just that rock-and-lock type mags (like those for the M1A) seem slower than typical mags like those for the AR-15. i also see people at the range struggling to get their M1A mags in their rifles

Practice is the key my friend. Practice until you have lead poisening. And then practice some more. Muscle memory is key. Those old guys shooting a .45 long colt are BAD!!!! - if they know what they are doing. A guy with a 30-06 bolt action is unstoppable if properly trained. Forget black rifle disease - (and I have it). If you want to learn - get a book called "The Book of the Rifle" by John Carmichael. No kidding - it is an old book but the best.

Jarhead
12-12-2008, 9:10 PM
M-14 20 rd mag beats SKS stripper clips everytime, plus the M-14 rifle beats the SKS hands down. AR -15's mag change beats both and the AK hands down too.

rayra
12-12-2008, 10:40 PM

That's because they don't know what the **** they are doing.

Mag, every time.

bohoki
12-12-2008, 10:59 PM
i think they either are taking it easy on their preban 20 rounders or having difficulty using the shorter 10 rounder or heaven forbid the flush fit 5 rounder

the m1a can take the magazine shoved in hard as the front catch is springloaded

Rob454
12-12-2008, 11:21 PM
A guy with a 30-06 bolt action is unstoppable if properly trained. .

Yup i agree. it only takes a bullet to put you down. Forget the s*8t you see in the movies where the hero runs through 30 guys shooting fully auto AKs at hinm gets nailed a few times but still takes out the bad guys. getting shot F8888G hurts. and there are VERY FEW places on the human body where its a "flesh wound"

gunrun45
12-13-2008, 1:02 AM
That's because they don't know what the **** they are doing.

Mag, every time.

+100.
Makes me laught every time.

Captain Evilstomper
12-13-2008, 3:16 AM
shatever you practice with the most..... if you have an SKS that you shoot all the time, probably stripper clips if you have an M1, mags. if you have an ar, neither. meh.