PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Bros doublestar wait list, you on it?

Johnny Diablo
12-12-2008, 4:41 PM
Anyone else here on the Ammo Bros doublestar oll wait list?

I fugured we could stay updated here instead of each of us calling and asking status.

I got on the list nov 8th

Johnny Diablo
12-13-2008, 8:03 AM
Bueller? Bueller?

Am I the only one on the wait list here?

indetrucks
12-13-2008, 8:36 AM
Bueller? Bueller?

yes:43:

CHS
12-13-2008, 9:12 AM
Bueller? Bueller?

Yes, you're the only one on a waiting list for what's going to be a very overpriced lower.

Should have bought it two months ago :)

JagerTroop
12-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Bueller? Bueller?

I'm not, but I know someone who is. Same story... been on the list since 11-8 or 9 and still no word yet.

... I just called them, and they're still waiting.

Futurecollector
12-13-2008, 10:51 AM
How much are the lowers you signed up?

Johnny Diablo
12-14-2008, 9:49 PM
Yes, you're the only one on a waiting list for what's going to be a very overpriced lower.

Should have bought it two months ago :)

Think it was $175. I think I paid more for my stag15 from gunrunners some January morning long ago.

Ammo bros charges less for dros/transfer. They even had 10mm ammo cheaper than I could find on the internet. Heck I blew out a few hours trying to save $50 to $100 when I shoulda just spent it at this shop.

At this point $50 or $100 difference when it comes to supporting a good local oll gun shop that is as friendlier than walmart... its worth it to keep them in business.

Letitrip
12-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I got in on a Stag on 11/05 and I am picking it up this week. The people that got in on the RRA got theirs pretty quick. I only paid about $10 more than what you paid for yours.

I actually like Ammo Bros because they stock a lot of stuff. They actually had a bunch of DPMS uppers there a couple of weeks ago, for decent prices, and I had to pick one up. Most of the employees there are pretty cool too.

I have a feeling that in January the AR hoarding may slow down and prices may stabalize again.

AlliedArmory
12-14-2008, 10:25 PM
im on their pre-order list for the RRA lower. $185...but we are doing a DROS on another lower i had sent there and they are hooking me up on that transfer. so $400 for 2 lowers including the DROS on both isnt bad IMHO. and including tax on 1 of them. so if i paid a little more for it, its ok....they were really good to me when i was there and rather support a local shop

Letitrip
12-14-2008, 10:26 PM
^ Not bad.

Johnny Diablo
01-01-2009, 7:55 AM
Anyone took delivery yet? I will have to admit I havnt called them to ask however they didnt call when my last gun came in. Will excuse that due to the recent events.

radioburning
01-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Anyone took delivery yet? I will have to admit I havnt called them to ask however they didnt call when my last gun came in. Will excuse that due to the recent events.

Ammo Bros is great, but because of "the '08 gun bust" it might be a while till your lower comes in.

Sure am glad I got those 2 DoubleStar lowers from the group buy a couple months ago for $85 each.:43:

Letitrip
01-01-2009, 12:09 PM
$85. ???? Damned, that was a great deal. You lucky bastad!

Ammo Brothers is cool. I like feeling like im helping a local oll dealer. I also like being able to go somewhere and actually look at what I am considering buying instead of ordering on-line from a catalog.

My only negatives on this store is that at least one of the workers there is a complete tool. He has such a bad attitude, and thinks everyone buying stuff there is not as knowledgeable as him and thus stupid. But the other employees there have been very cool and helpful and lack that stupid attitude of the other.

The other neg on this store is that they sell reloads, which for the most part are decent. I have purchased lots of handgun reloads without any fails. But recently, I bought some .223s that were not good. Out of a box of 250, I had about 40 rounds that were duds. The primer was hit perfectly, but they failed to shoot. Im not sure if it was just that one box or if their quality is now starting to go down. Because of that experience, I stopped buying rifle ammo from them.

CCRBUM
01-01-2009, 5:32 PM
you can't get anything anywhere for a good price anymore :-(.. good thin gI never sold my AK! My poor brother back east spent the last 5 or 6 months getting the money together to get his AR and finally was able to get the money together and everyone is telling him sometime in the summer before they would be able to meet his order. CRAZY!!!! Good buy on those $85 lowers :-). I'd bee talking with my brother about sending him money to pick up a bunch as an investment.. and then in this event of THIS happening I could sell off my half and dros one out here and build an AR.. lol... needless to say that didn't happen.. I ended up getting a Finnish M39 and my wife tried a business venture into a fruit drink called Mona Vie.. no return :-(.. well just goes to show that the smart ones got in while the getting was good!

Dragon
01-01-2009, 8:34 PM
$85. ???? Damned, that was a great deal. You lucky bastad!

Ammo Brothers is cool. I like feeling like im helping a local oll dealer. I also like being able to go somewhere and actually look at what I am considering buying instead of ordering on-line from a catalog.

My only negatives on this store is that at least one of the workers there is a complete tool. He has such a bad attitude, and thinks everyone buying stuff there is not as knowledgeable as him and thus stupid. But the other employees there have been very cool and helpful and lack that stupid attitude of the other.

The other neg on this store is that they sell reloads, which for the most part are decent. I have purchased lots of handgun reloads without any fails. But recently, I bought some .223s that were not good. Out of a box of 250, I had about 40 rounds that were duds. The primer was hit perfectly, but they failed to shoot. Im not sure if it was just that one box or if their quality is now starting to go down. Because of that experience, I stopped buying rifle ammo from them.

that would have to be ART.

Thier rifle ammo sucks,I guess its just as bad as it was 2 years ago !