PDA

View Full Version : Loose fitting AK47 Pro Mag question.

Exposed
12-12-2008, 3:57 PM
Is it normal for the polymer 7.62X39 Pro Mags to fit loosely in my AK47? It locks in just fine, but it kinda wiggles around a bit. Is it still OK to use them?

The Bacon Eater
12-12-2008, 5:32 PM
Does it have dimples in the receiver? If it is a wasr or saiga pm me i know a cool trick to fix that.

Vepr62
12-12-2008, 6:23 PM
They are loose. I just bought one for the us part count and it just wiggles in there. Tried my pre-bans and they are nice and tight. But function vise they are ok.
Vasiliy

Exposed
12-12-2008, 7:29 PM
its not a wasr or a saiga. It is a romanian lower rebuilt in the U.S. from enterprise arms. It feels as if it would work just fine, but it just feels a bit uncomfortable.

domokun
12-12-2008, 7:43 PM
If you have prebans and a MMG on your AK, you can just replace the follower on your prebans with a Tapco follower for that 1 US part you need.

Exposed
12-12-2008, 7:44 PM
Not prebans. They are 10/30 rounders.

domokun
12-12-2008, 8:18 PM
I stayed away from using ProMags for reasons like this. I bought some Chinese 5 rounders and replaced the followers with Tapco followers that effectively converted the magazines to 10 rounders. All of the fit very nicely inside the mag well of the AK.

Exposed
12-12-2008, 8:22 PM
I stayed away from using ProMags for reasons like this. I bought some Chinese 5 rounders and replaced the followers with Tapco followers that effectively converted the magazines to 10 rounders. All of the fit very nicely inside the mag well of the AK.

Thanks for the help. I will see if I can fix them in anyway. I dont think I can get the followers out since they have been converted to 10/30 round mags, but i will try. If I cant fix them, I will just use them as is. Thanks again.

stuntdummy
12-12-2008, 8:26 PM
If it rattles on an AK it is probably to spec. :eek: When I shake mine I can count at least 5 sources: muzzle brake, piston, mag, sling mounts, and the spring that holds the cleaning kit in the stock. Besides you need all those loose tolerences to fit all the dirt in there that AK's run so well with!