PDA

View Full Version : WASR-10 questions

Rudolf the Red
12-12-2008, 2:57 PM
A customer of mine wants to import one of these and put a bullet button on it. As a 95% handgun person, I am a little wary of rifles like this. Is this legal to do? If not, under what circumstances could it be legal?

PIRATE14
12-12-2008, 2:58 PM
A customer of mine wants to import one of these and put a bullet button on it. As a 95% handgun person, I am a little wary of rifles like this. Is this legal to do? If not, under what circumstances could it be legal?

You're startin to scare me a little..............:eek:

domokun
12-12-2008, 3:00 PM

Yes it's legal as long it follows one of the following two scenarios:

1. WASR-10 comes into California without any SB23 prohibited features installed on it.
2. WASR-10 with SB23 prohibited features on it comes into the state with the bullet-button pre-installed on it before it enters California.

Please see the CA AW ID Flowchart:
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Rudolf the Red
12-12-2008, 3:06 PM
You're startin to scare me a little..............:eek:

Sorry. :rolleyes:

I just thought I would ask the experts here before I started reading all my literature on the subject. Of course, I got the answer I needed in 2 minutes! Thanks!

biscuitbarrel
12-12-2008, 3:09 PM
When I ordered mine the bullet button was in the box but not installed. The pistol grip had been removed from the firearm though.

PIRATE14
12-12-2008, 3:16 PM
Sorry. :rolleyes:

I just thought I would ask the experts here before I started reading all my literature on the subject. Of course, I got the answer I needed in 2 minutes! Thanks!

Nothin wrong w/ that but as an FFL that wants to deal in OLL/OLR....my advice is become an expert fast.....;)

Might take a little more readin than the web posts.........

domokun
12-12-2008, 7:31 PM
When I ordered mine the bullet button was in the box but not installed. The pistol grip had been removed from the firearm though.

In your case, the only SB23 prohibited feature on the rifle was probably the pistol grip. Since the pistol grip was not attached to the rifle, it was effectively a featureless rifle and OK for importation into California and transfer to you. As long as you installed the bullet button/magazine lock prior to attaching the pistol grip onto your rifle, you're good to go.