PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to find stripped lower Ar15

lowriderryda
12-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Im looking for a stripped 5.56 lower, does anyone here know where I can find one for cheap?
Thanks

a1fabweld
12-11-2008, 10:52 PM
I think gunbroker.com is the only place where you can get a lower right now for $150 minimum. Otherwise wait for distributors to get them in but that may be hit or miss.

MikeR
12-11-2008, 11:16 PM
anvil arms has them for $140 but expect a wait.

Good reviews at ar15.com , PRK friendly, lifetime of the weapon warranty and they even do engraving for $10

I dont work for them either :p i just cant wait to get mine

wildhawker
12-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Royal Loan in SD had some (KD) in under $200, not sure if they still have stock.

Knight
12-11-2008, 11:25 PM
LAN World has a waiting list for Stag uppers, $125. Wait time is something like 4 months.

Darklyte27
12-11-2008, 11:43 PM
110$ is Cheap when I bought it about 5 months ago!

xs2k
12-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Don't pay more than retail for one. Prices will drop and the initial Obama hype seems to be dying. Probably by May/June, prices will come down. Just my speculation.

Overkill
12-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Essential Arms sells their lowers for $105

a1fabweld
12-12-2008, 12:01 AM
With osama in office, I personally would not feel bad spending a few extra bucks to insure I can get a lower just in case the unthinkable happens.

BP88
12-12-2008, 12:23 AM
LAN World has a waiting list for Stag uppers, $125. Wait time is something like 4 months.

:confused: Are you sure you didn't mean to say 'lowers'???

Seesm
12-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah I think that is what was meant "lowers" btw the link to essentials lower page...

http://www.essentialarms.com/catalog2-3.html

BP88
12-12-2008, 1:26 AM
Yeah I think that is what was meant "lowers" btw the link to essentials lower page...

http://www.essentialarms.com/catalog2-3.html

Yeah, I figured as much.

I would've ordered a ton of those 'uppers' if that were the case. lol :p

Firblitz
12-12-2008, 1:32 AM
AFAIK Essential Arms won't ship to PRK

lowriderryda
12-12-2008, 8:17 AM
I'm looking for something under $180, looking to build an ar57 slowly.

tenpercentfirearms
12-12-2008, 10:15 AM
You might not want to wait. There should be plenty of people selling them for $200 or less and what is $20 in the scheme of a $1000 or more rifle? 5% or less?

Some day lowers will start flowing again in theory. Will there be enough to meet the demand? Will there be new legislation pending for a new AWB that further drives up demand? Will a new AWB go into effect by then? Will the economic crisis turn into civil unrest and another run on guns? Will the price go down like gas and lowers will be $150 or less again?

There is no telling. I have plenty of lowers in my name. Do you?

PIRATE14
12-12-2008, 10:20 AM

I only got a couple hundred.....might need a few mo though....just in case.....:43:

Jicko
12-12-2008, 10:21 AM
I've got one of mine for $89, back when 500 rounds of Federal/LC XM193 was $90 or 95...

Teletiger7
12-12-2008, 10:26 AM
The instant jump in prices for lowers was to be expected. Your smart if you bought them when they were cheap. I remember a year ago when it was easy to buy a lower for around $100. And the really collectable name brand lowers were still under $200 back then.

Knight
12-12-2008, 5:03 PM
:confused: Are you sure you didn't mean to say 'lowers'???

LOL, yeah I meant lowers. Brain fade . . .

wildcard313
12-12-2008, 5:12 PM
I personally went the get one now and dont worry about it route. I dont see myself needing more than 1 (I know, blashpemy) so I was ok with paying $50 extra at a local OLL friendly store that had it in stock.

I was stupid too, cause I knew a few months ago that I was going to finally build a AR and I didnt jump back then. With the prices of everything going up and up, and still nobody has anything in stock I could have saved myself some pretty pennies. Now Im waiting for deals and hoping that nothing gets passed too fast.

GMG
12-12-2008, 9:07 PM
Discount Guns in San Diego had a case full of lowers last Sat. $185 if that helps.

Peace Sells?
12-12-2008, 10:36 PM
You might not want to wait. There should be plenty of people selling them for $200 or less and what is $20 in the scheme of a $1000 or more rifle? 5% or less?

Some day lowers will start flowing again in theory. Will there be enough to meet the demand? Will there be new legislation pending for a new AWB that further drives up demand? Will a new AWB go into effect by then? Will the economic crisis turn into civil unrest and another run on guns? Will the price go down like gas and lowers will be $150 or less again?

Might the sun blow up tomorrow and destroy the world?...This is exactly what fuels the fire of "panic buying". YMMV, and make up your own mind and decide.

rct442
12-13-2008, 12:24 AM
I was able to get a LMT Defender 2000 complete assembly on this Wed. afternoon $386 out the door at Rainer Arms LLC, but they are all gone now...

It only has a standard stock and standard trigger, but I plan to upgrade later anyway. This is my second LMT lower, call me an LMT snob if you want...

Steve O
12-13-2008, 1:59 AM
I was able to get a LMT Defender 2000 complete assembly on this Wed. afternoon $386 out the door at Rainer Arms LLC, but they are all gone now...

It only has a standard stock and standard trigger, but I plan to upgrade later anyway. This is my second LMT lower, call me an LMT snob if you want...

out to door?
They have a local store front?

I see on thier website they haven't been "Sold out"
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=124

Blacktail 8541
12-13-2008, 8:10 AM
Buy at a price you can afford and where it is in stock for the first one. Then you can take a little more time if you decide to purchase more.

rct442
12-13-2008, 9:57 AM
out to door?
They have a local store front?

I see on thier website they haven't been "Sold out"
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=124

The model you have linked to is specifically marked Law Enforcement Only, and is not for civilians. They had some more for civilians but they sold-out in a 24 hours or so.

No, they don't have a storefront, I'm sending it to Freakshow Manufacturing. Since John is so efficient, it went out the same day on USPS only 2 hours after I purchased it.

PIRATE14
12-13-2008, 10:24 AM
386 plus....FREAKS....30$
Than a xfer fee...75..

Plus BB and mag....not quite 386 out the door but at least ya got one..........;)

OP....any place to find a lower.....

Steve O
12-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Might the sun blow up tomorrow and destroy the world?...This is exactly what fuels the fire of "panic buying". YMMV, and make up your own mind and decide.

Honestly, I'm seeing a lot of slamming on 10%
I know he's in the business, But I personally feel his views are fair.

You guys are getting all mad about the market, but we are in a capitalist country, and the liberal political situation has converted the gun market in to commodities market.

Couldn't you guys see it coming with all that "Hope" and "change?"

Now that the housing market is gone to ****, I'm using my down payment money to buy guns...

Blacktail 8541
12-13-2008, 12:11 PM
The model you have linked to is specifically marked Law Enforcement Only, and is not for civilians. They had some more for civilians but they sold-out in a 24 hours or so.

Does not matter if it is marked LE only. It only matters if it is off list or not.

Fate
12-13-2008, 2:59 PM
Honestly, I'm seeing a lot of slamming on 10%
I know he's in the business, But I personally feel his views are fair.

You guys are getting all mad about the market, but we are in a capitalist country...I'm not mad about the market. It is what it is. Ups and downs are part of the cycle of free trade.

And Wes? He's just a salesman. The constant sales pitch comes with the territory.

-hanko
12-13-2008, 3:13 PM
The model you have linked to is specifically marked Law Enforcement Only, and is not for civilians.
Please explain why that is.:confused: "LE Only", or any other mark on the lower makes no difference, assuming it's an OLL.

If the dealer is trying to reserve lowers for the cop community, that may explain it. If not, nothing in Fed or CA law to prevent you buying/building/owning one.

BTW, LEO's are civilians, unless they're MP's or SP's.;). They work their butt's off in a thankless job, they're underpaid, and generally under appreciated. But they're still civilians.

-hanko

xs2k
12-13-2008, 11:14 PM

Causing uncertainty for bigger profits...nicely done.

Sunwolf
12-13-2008, 11:28 PM

I am waiting for the M1A`s to come back down to 600 bucks like they were before the 1st AWB.Gonna wait a mighty long time.Kinda like waiting for the real estate boom to come back.

Jicko
12-13-2008, 11:31 PM
386 plus....FREAKS....30$
Than a xfer fee...75..

Plus BB and mag....not quite 386 out the door but at least ya got one..........;)

Hey, it IS an LMT completed!.... Just their LPK, is ... da best.... IMO.... and cost like $150 ... if you can EVER find them...

Blue Label
12-13-2008, 11:34 PM
I am waiting for the M1A`s to come back down to 600 bucks like they were before the 1st AWB.Gonna wait a mighty long time.Kinda like waiting for the real estate boom to come back.

Exactly. Wait too long and you may never get one.

Tunis
12-13-2008, 11:42 PM
$115 from Mike @ MAH Supply

http://www.mahsupplies.net/

BUT...he said there will be a 25-30 week wait if an order was placed today!!!

Steve O
12-14-2008, 4:02 PM
Please explain why that is.:confused: "LE Only", or any other mark on the lower makes no difference, assuming it's an OLL.

If the dealer is trying to reserve lowers for the cop community, that may explain it. If not, nothing in Fed or CA law to prevent you buying/building/owning one.

BTW, LEO's are civilians, unless they're MP's or SP's.;). They work their butt's off in a thankless job, they're underpaid, and generally under appreciated. But they're still civilians.

-hanko

I have a NWO special addition. But I am not a member!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/djseanpaul_album/825914967_l.jpg

tenpercentfirearms
12-14-2008, 8:33 PM
Causing uncertainty for bigger profits...nicely done.

I don't cause uncertainty. It exists on its own and will never go away.

Nothing will probably happen and we can just keep buying guns forever. Or something will happen and we won't. Those are the facts. Which one is going to happen?