PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Questions

DirtRacer151
12-11-2008, 6:05 PM
1st Q: Is it illegal to have a empty 30 round "body ONLY" BBed to my AR when i just wanna admire how cool it looks around the house or up on the fire place :D I'd rather not convert my parts kits to 10/30s for when shooting out of state or when zombies attack

2nd Q: Im trying to put together a SHTF box and was wondering if i stored 30 rounds of loaded ammo in a empty body that was placed up side down so the rounds would just sit in the empty body would i be legal? I was thinking when the zombies invade it would be easier to pack 10 springs and floor plates into some parts kits then it would be to load 300 rounds. :eek:

Thanks guys..and dont flame me if this has been asked before. Im still kinda new here

AJAX22
12-11-2008, 6:12 PM
a 30 round 5.56 magazine is a 10 round .50 beowulf magazine

just FYI

It is nearly impossible to cram a spring in under tension, hold it in place and slide the floorplate onto a mag....

you'd have better luck trying to masturbate left handed while balancing on a bowling ball in dress shoes, and griping a large, ill tempered rodent.

seriously... its that awkward

DirtRacer151
12-11-2008, 6:16 PM

just FYI

It is nearly impossible to cram a spring in under tension, hold it in place and slide the floorplate onto a mag....

you'd have better luck masturbating left handed while trying to balance on a bowling ball while wearing dress shoes and holding a large, ill tempered rodent.

Yeah but dont i need a 50beo upper to justify that or atleast mark them as 50beo bodys? I have tried stuffing the springs in under tension before in AZ when i bought the parts kits. It wasn't to fun but its do-able and would be MUCH faster then loading 300 rounds. By then the zombies might have multiplied 10x

AJAX22
12-11-2008, 6:21 PM
Yeah but dont i need a 50beo upper to justify that or atleast mark them as 50beo bodys? I have tried stuffing the springs in under tension before in AZ when i bought the parts kits. It wasn't to fun but its do-able and would be MUCH faster then loading 300 rounds. By then the zombies might have multiplied 10x

Hey I was just makin a suggestion... its your bowling ball....

VegasND
12-11-2008, 6:56 PM
... masturbate left handed while balancing on a bowling ball in dress shoes, while griping a large, ill tempered rodent...

You must have some very interesting personal habits to be able to relate such experience...

:eek:

sytfu_RR
12-11-2008, 7:20 PM
you'd have better luck trying to masturbate left handed while balancing on a bowling ball in dress shoes, while griping a large, ill tempered rodent.

hahahaha that is very random.

to the OP: I would think it would best not to keep them loaded/assembled, in any fashion as most PD are not familiar with the laws enough for you to be in the "grey" area. If you want the look, just go to riflegear.com; they sell 10/30 mags that are legal, but have the normal look.

DirtRacer151
12-11-2008, 7:52 PM
hahahaha that is very random.

to the OP: I would think it would best not to keep them loaded/assembled, in any fashion as most PD are not familiar with the laws enough for you to be in the "grey" area. If you want the look, just go to riflegear.com; they sell 10/30 mags that are legal, but have the normal look.

I have a few 10 rounders but just wanted to not have to perm. modify my parts kits to 10/30s. The way i understand it is if a body is just a part and its fixed to my rifle via BB then all i have is a useless part fixed to a rifle capable of shooting zero rounds with out use of a tool to insert a 10 rounder. Am i correct? As for storing the empty bodys with rounds in them isn't that just storing rounds in a part?

AJAX22
12-11-2008, 7:56 PM
the problem with storing the magazines with rounds in them... (other than the awkwardness of assembling them) is that they will actually feed if you just flip the gun upsidown... I don't want to speculate as to the legal implications but I'm sure there are those who will

so... i dunno... 30 10 rounders holds the same as 10 30 rounders... 3 beta mags holds the same as 30 10 rounders...

Like I said... its your bowling ball.

artherd
12-12-2008, 4:01 AM
just. don't. do. it.

please.

(think of the rodents)

fallfornoone
12-12-2008, 5:57 AM
i would keep the 30 round mags with the springs and just hide them
hide them good.

also one note. masterbating left handed is the stranger = the best
haha

What Just Happened?
12-12-2008, 6:16 AM
Maybe you can use stripper clips?

thefurball
12-12-2008, 6:25 AM
you'd have better luck trying to masturbate left handed while balancing on a bowling ball in dress shoes, while griping a large, ill tempered rodent.

Thank you so very much for that mental image that will be dancing around in my head the rest of the day.

redcliff
12-12-2008, 6:39 AM
Ajax22 gave you good info on why you dont want a 30 round magazine body only in your rifle. If it feeds upside down you're screwed. Buy a 10-30 for display purposes.

You probably shouldn't post, nor do I personally want to hear, what illegal things you may do if the zombies come, or that you don't want to build the 10/30 round magazines with the 30 round rebuild kits you bought to make said 10/30s.

DirtRacer151
12-12-2008, 7:50 AM
Ajax22 gave you good info on why you dont want a 30 round magazine body only in your rifle. If it feeds upside down you're screwed. Buy a 10-30 for display purposes.

You probably shouldn't post, nor do I personally want to hear, what illegal things you may do if the zombies come, or that you don't want to build the 10/30 round magazines with the 30 round rebuild kits you bought to make said 10/30s.

Doesn't that then create a grey area for anyone with extra "bodys"? Even if you own them for replacement of pre pans...Example: 5 prebans rebuilt with 5 new bodys that aren't all rusted out but you keep the old ones around for proof. Doesn't that mean if all 10 bodys could feed upside down empty or not your screwed??? Im confused now even more guys. All i have is PARTS!!!:mad:

spdrcr
12-12-2008, 7:58 AM
Why don't you just load up the 10 pre-ban hi-cap mags you already have?

You do already have 10 pre-ban hi-cap mags, justifying the 10 hi-cap rebuild kits in your possesion don't you? - Don't answer that.

redcliff
12-12-2008, 8:22 AM
Doesn't that then create a grey area for anyone with extra "bodys"? Even if you own them for replacement of pre pans...Example: 5 prebans rebuilt with 5 new bodys that aren't all rusted out but you keep the old ones around for proof. Doesn't that mean if all 10 bodys could feed upside down empty or not your screwed??? Im confused now even more guys. All i have is PARTS!!!:mad:

You asked about a 30 round body installed in your mag well with a bullet button. The advice is don't do it because it could possibly feed upside down.
Magazine "parts" are one thing, but attaching them to your rifle where they could possibly feed ammo is another.

If you have pre-ban magazines feel free to load them up, just don't install them in a fixed magazine rifle. No reason to keep them disassembled. Any civil disobedience you plan if the zombies come is up to you, but it probably shouldn't be posted on a site that's trolled by CADOJ.

DirtRacer151
12-12-2008, 11:25 AM
You asked about a 30 round body installed in your mag well with a bullet button. The advice is don't do it because it could possibly feed upside down.
Magazine "parts" are one thing, but attaching them to your rifle where they could possibly feed ammo is another.

If you have pre-ban magazines feel free to load them up, just don't install them in a fixed magazine rifle. No reason to keep them disassembled. Any civil disobedience you plan if the zombies come is up to you, but it probably shouldn't be posted on a site that's trolled by CADOJ.

I dont get why everyone is all up in arms. Seriously the zombie thing is a joke said by lots on here!!! GET IT ...JOKE!!!! Sorry i mentioned the zombies now!!
I am a law abiding citizen which is why i came on here to ask in the first place. Geez give me some credit for trying to do the right thing.

odysseus
12-12-2008, 11:57 AM
This thread has more issues than Madonna at an orphanage...

I find your comments intriguing and would like to sign up for your newsletter.

redcliff
12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
I dont get why everyone is all up in arms. Seriously the zombie thing is a joke said by lots on here!!! GET IT ...JOKE!!!! Sorry i mentioned the zombies now!!
I am a law abiding citizen which is why i came on here to ask in the first place. Geez give me some credit for trying to do the right thing.

I don't take offense over the zombie thing, I like zombie killing games.

We're trying to keep you from committing a potential felony by having an unregisterred AW, i.e. a fixed magazine semi-auto rifle with the capability to accept more than 10 rounds.

What exactly is your question since we answerred that a 30 round magazine body in your OLL is a bad idea? Unassembled magazine rebuild kits are legal. If you have pre-ban magazines load them but don't install them until you go with a featureless build. If you have magazine rebuild kits and no pre-ban magazines don't assemble them, or assemble them only as 10 round magazines.

akjunkie
12-12-2008, 12:34 PM
1st Q: Is it illegal to have a empty 30 round "body ONLY" BBed to my AR when i just wanna admire how cool it looks around the house or up on the fire place :D I'd rather not convert my parts kits to 10/30s for when shooting out of state or when zombies attack

2nd Q: Im trying to put together a SHTF box and was wondering if i stored 30 rounds of loaded ammo in a empty body that was placed up side down so the rounds would just sit in the empty body would i be legal? I was thinking when the zombies invade it would be easier to pack 10 springs and floor plates into some parts kits then it would be to load 300 rounds. :eek:

Thanks guys..and dont flame me if this has been asked before. Im still kinda new here

WHY dont U try using the SEARCH function. This particular question only gets asked a dozen times a Month.

the Moderators need to make a STICKY for this subject.

tommyid1
12-12-2008, 12:53 PM
pick up a bunch of stripper clips and a clip guide. makes loading mags that much faster. be carefull with that thumb though.

Paradiddle
12-12-2008, 2:17 PM
You black rifle guys are a goofy sort.... ;)

DirtRacer151
12-12-2008, 2:44 PM
pick up a bunch of stripper clips and a clip guide. makes loading mags that much faster. be carefull with that thumb though.

I think this sounds like the best way. Stores the rounds nice and neat. Quick to load if needs be...AND....totally legal. Anyone know of a good guide and stripper clips? The ones i use on my M1A mags is a PITA!!

tommyid1
12-12-2008, 6:46 PM
technically stripper clips are meant for one time use i believe even though you can use them more than once. might want to try a surplus store in your area they normally have a bunch of stripper clips. or i think its called old sarges online or something. when using stripper clips on your m1a make sure you have a clip guide installed on the receiver with the magazine in the weapon. also if your clip guide is not usgi spec (like some springfield ones ive seen you will have some trouble with the stripper clips not fitting well.

7222 Hawker
12-12-2008, 6:55 PM

just FYI

you'd have better luck trying to masturbate left handed while balancing on a bowling ball in dress shoes, and griping a large, ill tempered rodent.

LMAO!!!!! That some of the funniest s%^&$#T I've heard ina while!

RJ Dunn
12-12-2008, 7:03 PM

My new sig

7222 Hawker
12-12-2008, 7:04 PM
Cheaper than Dirt sells strippers clips, bandoliers, and loaders for cheap. You will need to clean them as they usually have tumbling grit in them but then they work fine. BTW... if someone breaks into your house... carjacks you... sets fire to your barn... whatever - and you need more than ten rounds each in 3 or 4 or 6 magazines, you need to get to the range more often! ;)