PDA

View Full Version : Female Frendly FFL in San Jose Area

1859sharps
12-11-2008, 6:02 PM
One of my co-workers wants to buy a handgun for her boyfriend for his birthday. She has never owned or bought a gun before and wanted some advice where to go. She knows what she wants to buy, so its shopping around time for best deal.

So I thought I would ask here, where have you felt comfortably buying guns as a female?

While I ask for the SJ area, I am fairly sure she would be willing to go as far north as SF and south as Gilroy.

technique
12-11-2008, 6:16 PM
Bay Area Gun Vault in Mountain View. Have her go see Jimi...AKA CGmember THE 0NE............

aka silent sancho;)

technique
12-11-2008, 6:17 PM
Oh and thats kinda a straw purchase...BF should be there also if it for him.

CHS
12-11-2008, 7:08 PM

Yup.

She should do it as a layaway. Pay it in full, but put it on layaway. For Christmas, give him the receipt as the present and then let him know all he has to do is go down and do the paperwork.

If he doesn't have an HSC, she should put in a 25$ gift certificate to be applied towards the HSC test as well. At least, I would in that situation.

1859sharps
12-11-2008, 7:37 PM
thanks for the suggestions

ya, already suggested she take care of the money part but just have him show up and do the paper work so it's in his name.

movie zombie
12-13-2008, 1:05 PM
Markley's in watsonville and Imbert and Smithers in san carlos have been female friendly. imbert even has a female employee.

movie zombie

Annie Oakley
12-13-2008, 1:21 PM
Markley's in watsonville and Imbert and Smithers in san carlos have been female friendly. imbert even has a female employee.

movie zombie

I know alot of the guys here do not like Turner's, but I had a good experience there when I bought my SAXD. I can't remember her name, but the the girl that helped me was very helpful and answered all of my questions and didn't try to sell me something I didn't want.

Futurecollector
12-13-2008, 7:29 PM

it's not a straw purchase as long as he is legally able to own the pistol, if you look on the back of the for (Yellow one i dont rember the number) there is a whole section on "Gifting".

1859sharps
12-19-2008, 9:16 AM
Thanks again for all the help.

Yes, I know for her to buy and give him the handgun may not technically be a strawman, BUT... not being married, and other California laws dealing with handguns my advice to her is still to have the boyfriend be the person to fill out the DROS/4473 paper work.

DedEye
12-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Bullseye is friendly and not terribly far away.

Nemo
01-02-2009, 3:34 PM
As a woman, I've had particularly good gun buying experiences at Bullseye in San Rafael. Pretty good experience at City Arms in Pacifica, as well; I'd recommend them both.