PDA

View Full Version : GSG question for lefty use.

mroels
12-11-2008, 4:07 PM
Shot in the dark, I know. But does anyone who is familiar with the weapons think that the cocking handle could be flipped over to be on the right side? I figure the cocking tube would have to be rebuilt to allow for the cocking handle to travel on the other side.

Any chance?

Saigon1965
12-11-2008, 4:10 PM
I don't know but if you figure it out - Let us know -

mroels
12-11-2008, 4:13 PM
Next time I fully strip the rifle I will look at what would be needed. Unfortunately I don't have the type of money to really mess around and potentially damage anything.

USMC Tanker
12-11-2008, 5:57 PM
Leave as is...

Just like a right handed shooter would operate an AK: Cant the weapon to the side, hit the cocking handle with your non-firing hand, leaving your firing hand on the grip at all times. Good muscle memory and doesn't cost a dime ;)

Solidsnake87
12-11-2008, 9:45 PM
Leave as is...

Just like a right handed shooter would operate an AK: Cant the weapon to the side, hit the cocking handle with your non-firing hand, leaving your firing hand on the grip at all times. Good muscle memory and doesn't cost a dime

+1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it unless ur a pro. Besides, you'll void the warranty. The GSG is one gun you will be want to have the warranty for in case somethin happens. I'd would have had to get the warranty called up on mine if I were not a technical person.

mroels
12-12-2008, 5:34 AM
+1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it unless ur a pro. Besides, you'll void the warranty. The GSG is one gun you will be want to have the warranty for in case somethin happens. I'd would have had to get the warranty called up on mine if I were not a technical person.

I'm not planning on doing it anytime soon, and definitely not owning only one. But for future reference I just want to know if its feasible to be done and done at home? Or will it require too much machining?

Infidel
12-12-2008, 8:24 AM
Leave as is...

Just like a right handed shooter would operate an AK: Cant the weapon to the side, hit the cocking handle with your non-firing hand, leaving your firing hand on the grip at all times. Good muscle memory and doesn't cost a dime ;)

+1 I wouldn't really tinker with it too much they are a little touchy...I say forget about this and just do the bolt on mods!