View Full Version : Anyone have a Cobb FA50(T)?

12-11-2008, 3:05 PM

I REALLY like these .50 Rifles (you can have them chambered in .50DTC)

Just wondering if anyone has experience with them.. Accuracy?

12-11-2008, 4:39 PM
Bushmaster bought out Cobb...
I don't think they're making the Fast Action model anymore. It had some issues with blowing primers and sticking brass.

12-11-2008, 5:30 PM
really? I found a website online that sells these rifles. Has Bushmaster fixed the problems with the rifle on their version (BA50?)

I REALLY want one in DTC

12-11-2008, 8:31 PM
I bought one of these when they first came out and had major extraction problems with it. After every shot it I would have to use a rubber mallet and have someone hold it while I smacked the bolt handle back so I could eject the casing. After dealing with that problem over and over I wound up selling it. Cobb had major problems with there Fast Actions and decided to come out with the Bolt action version instead. If you like the Cobb rifles then get the bolt action version instead and stay away from Fast Action variant....:chris:

12-11-2008, 11:04 PM
How accurate are the bolt action models?

12-11-2008, 11:09 PM
How accurate are the bolt action models?

Check out this thread over on Barfcom...:D

If your going to be doing some serious shooting put the BORS on it. Those things rock!

12-12-2008, 5:22 AM
I'm gauging their accuracy (or lack of) on the fact that they do not show up at 1000 yard compitions in any numbers and, if one does show up, it's usually only for one match. There are more accurate and percise rifles out there that cost less than these do.